• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Let's play a game SteamGaf. First person to guess my favorite movie gets a Contagion Key. Send me your guesses with pms. Only 1 pm/movie per person

If nobody finds it, I'll do a normal giveaway in 2.5 hours

Hints: it got released in the 00s
Not a horror movie
Didn't get a sequel

Copons

Let's play a game SteamGaf. First person to guess my favorite movie gets a Contagion Key. Send me your guesses with pms. Only 1 pm/movie per person

Not a horror movie
Didn't get a sequel

Spider-Man 3?

Milamber

Not a horror movie
Didn't get a sequel
At least give us a genre.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you read comments on greenlight, many people really hate RPG maker games. Not saying that there is nothing to hate about them too!
Thus, I imagine that after going through those comments for months and then selling 200-300 copies on the day of release and nothing after makes it really easy to hit that panic button.
I too think if they could wait couple of months for big steam sale and do -75% sale it would probably make them more good, including bigger number of early adopters, but then again it's probably hard to wait while your game doesn't sell.

Also Skyborn is still the best RPG maker game on steam that I've played, just reminding. ;)
I think the problem is that there is a crapton of games out there, with new ones coming almost daily. It's improbable that Random RPG Maker Game #2 will stand out above Generic RPG Maker Title Revolutions Unleashed: The Movie: Revengeance, or the other 99999 similar (at least to the uninformed person) games. So even if it goes on sale for 75% off or more, it may be very hard for it to sell a significant number of copies. Putting it in a bundle guarantees an important amount of sales, because there are many people willing to spend one buck for a bunch of crap just to increase their games count (I've recently become one of them, buying bundles for cheap where I have no interest in any single game).

Sub Zero

2 more hints

-Won an Oscar
-Lead actor is not American

If I tell you the genre, it may become easy

Edit: Congrats Gianni Merryman, you got it! It was Gladiator. I'll send you the key in a bit

zkylon

zkylewd
I guessed Scott Pilgrim. No idea why.

Also, I love that he put to PM him so we wouldn't derail the thread.

missionaccomplished.jpg

well 00s makes means <2010 right? so couldn't be that

2 more hints

-Won an Oscar

Edit: Congrats Gianni Merryman, you got it! It was Gladiator. I'll send you the key in a bit

holy shit i was just typing gladiator and figured it couldn't be

amaizng

Volimar

Could have swore it was older than that.

2 more hints

-Won an Oscar

Thank God they never went ahead with the sequel.

Sub Zero

Hehe I actually got a bunch of Gladiator PMs but Gianni's was the first :p

Anyway I'll probably be giving away another key in a couple of hours (normal giveaway this time) so stay tuned

Volimar

I don't know anything about Contagion, I just wanted to play :p

Edit: Now that I've looked it up, I want it hehe.

Also, I forgot, finally got my first foil. Was King Denas from Kingdom Rush, a game I won from steamGAF. Woohoo! Sold it for like 57 cents :p

Roflobear

Is Car Mechanic Simulator just a puzzle game or can you learn about fixing cars from it?
Probably gonna get it either way

I can't get past 17 secs in Super Hexagon, but I have to say it's pretty kick ass. I'm determined to hit at least 20.

Which level? I can't make it past like 5 seconds in the last one lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I haven't received a PM intended for ModBot in about 7 hours, so here's a ranked list of the games Dunder gave away that were mistakenly requested of me:

1) Metro: Last Light (27 requests)
2) Euro Truck Simulator 2 (13 requests)
3) Tie: BIT.TRIP Beat and The Swapper (3 requests each)
4) Tie: Batman: Arkham City: GOTY and BIT.TRIP Runner (2 requests each)
5) Saints Row: The Third (1 request)

Great, just great! Ran into a hacking bug in Chaos Theory on the last level. Can't progress and I sure as hell won't start this level over.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I haven't received a PM intended for ModBot in about 7 hours, so here's a ranked list of the games Dunder gave away that were mistakenly requested from me:

Did you not get my request for Wheelman? I know you're all talk and have a few copies hanging around. You just keep telling everyone you're chasing it to drive up the price so you'll make a fortune selling them!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did you not get my request for Wheelman? I know you're all talk and have a few copies hanging around. You just keep telling everyone you're chasing it to drive up the price so you'll make a fortune selling them!

Haha, I wish. :(

Milamber

I haven't received a PM intended for ModBot in about 7 hours, so here's a ranked list of the games Dunder gave away that were mistakenly requested of me:

As expected. But WTF at ETS2, I thought everyone got it now.

Volimar

One of the arkham city was me. Sorry.

Been after that game for a bit. I have Asylum on the 360, looking to continue.

Jawmuncher

Mind, you may have not noticed that there are different levels/shapes to select, each one is a different stage.

Ah ok I only noticed the difficulties.

Nice, Greenmangaming has a sale on Law & Order: Legacies. Gotta get it. Jurassic Park is still too damn expensive though.

LAME. Guess that license is holding them back....but then again BTTF was given as a 1 tier in the Telltale bundle so WTH.

JaseC
ModBot 4
Today, 11:37 AM

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

I'm still waiting for my copy Jase.

Jawmuncher

Jurassic Park is $6 with the 20% off coupon. Not a bad price at all.
If you enjoyed the movies and wouldn't mind more of a comic book-esque sequel this'll be right up your alley. It plays like Heavy Rain accept you select the location you want to go to. You don't actually move the character around.

I have no clue what you are talking about, but if you are giving MLL for free, make that 28 requests, lol.

Jawmuncher

5IMHHL4.png

I sure do love Dinosaurs
Going for the easy joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom