• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I plan to recreate the ship from Disney's Black Hole (underrated sci-fi movie) once I get the game.

!

Definitely underrated, and surprisingly dark and esoteric for a Disney movie. Good soundtrack too.

The Cygnus would undoubtedly make an interesting project. The Palomino as well. You'd better damn well post screenshots if you go ahead! ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hopefully it's on the sale. I played the game on 360 and loved it.
But haven't double dipped on PC since it's never on sale.

From the Playfire blog:
No, it's not International Talk Like a Pirate Day - although we wish we could talk like a pirate everyday. No, in fact we're getting in character for another swashbuckling adventure exploring Tales of Monkey Island and other great Telltale classics - all of which go on sale later today as part of the GMG 7 Days of Deals.
Confirmation that JP will go on sale?

Copons

They're secretly moving all the mafia business to rome to keep from being noticed.

Well let's hope not! My company is based in a street-level office, and we just cannot afford to pay for protection. :D

also, Rome being the political center, and Italian politics being so tied up with Mafia, Camorra and any other organized crime in Italy, I guess it really is the main Italian Mob center... we just leave the shoot outs to other places - probably because there are so many wiseguys in disguise here that the risk of accidentally killing one of them is just too high :D

Arthea

When people on SteamTrades name a PayPal price, are they expecting you to pay the fee or is that included in the price?

You are supposed to pay the fee, I never encountered anybody suggesting otherwise and why would they, you still would have to pay them this much extra and that means even bigger fee.

oipic

Guys, Pharaoh or Zeus?

Only have money for one game.

I played these (and Caesar 3) for countless hours back in the day, and for some reason Zeus clicked with me the most of the bunch - although it's like asking a parent to choose a 'favourite' among their children... I love them all dearly, they're pretty much just slightly differing degrees of wonderful.

Caesar 3 would probably be my recommendation to most folks, though, unless they have a particular love for the settings and themes of the other two.

Man, I loved these games. Memories!

Jawmuncher

From the Playfire blog:

Confirmation that JP will go on sale?
Hopefully it's more than 50%

Well let's hope not! My company is based in a street-level office, and we just cannot afford to pay for protection. :D

also, Rome being the political center, and Italian politics being so tied up with Mafia, Camorra and any other organized crime in Italy, I guess it really is the main Italian Mob center... we just leave the shoot outs to other places - probably because there are so many wiseguys in disguise here that the risk of accidentally killing one of them is just too high :D

That's actually pretty interesting.

derExperte

Its currently theorised as a bug that happens when you first sync your steam acc to playfire rewards. It shouldn't work after that though

It's not a bug, they just can't tell when you got the achievement as they can't pull that info from Steam and so it's a 'benefit of the doubt' situation when signing up. That's also the reason why you miss out on rewards when the sync happens after the timer ran out even though you got a cheevo on time.

Copons

That's actually pretty interesting.

Well, that was actually pretty fictionalized. Mob problems in Italy are way too complicated and subtle (even for Italians) to summarize in a couple of sentences in a thread that should talk about really everything else than organized crime (except of course when talking about Mafia II or Omerta). :)

I bought all the Lego-games on sale, which one should I start with?

I haven't watched all the LotR's yet though, so I should probably get that fixed soon.

Milamber

I bought all the Lego-games on sale, which one should I start with?

I haven't watched all the LotR's yet though, so I should probably get that fixed soon.

At first I was thinking, what the hell is wrong with you. But now I'm thinking, you're gonna have so much fun.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've been waiting for a good time to re-watch the LotR films after playing through the LEGO game, funnily enough. Got me good and nostalgic, really looking forward to watching them again. Might try and pick up the extended blu-rays for that extra impact.

I've been waiting for a good time to re-watch the LotR films after playing through the LEGO game, funnily enough. Got me good and nostalgic, really looking forward to watching them again. Might try and pick up the extended blu-rays for that extra impact.

Better carve out a free week to watch it all.

Milamber

Every time I rewatch them, I tend to watch all the bonus content/behind the scenes/making of before the movies.

Dr Dogg

Right for the 2 people this might even be relevant for, if you already own Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on uPlay (like a promo copy from Nvidia cards) then any extras like the Aveline DLC, extra locations and weapons do travel with your uPlay account if you redeem a Standard Edition key from Amazon. +1 to the Steam account!

fantomena

GMG retweeted me with "Can't say for certain, but keep an eye out!" when I asked if there is any chance for a Strider deal.

It's not a denial.

Knurek

Volt keys are now available on IGS.

Meh, still none for Beware Planet Earth...

//EDIT

If you like puzzle games, please vote for the newest DROD on Greenlight

//EDIT2

On the other hand, no keys for previous DROD game buyers? Or am I reading this wrong?

"Experience with previous titles in the DROD series is not necessary to get into and enjoy everything in DROD:TSS. That being said, all previous titles can be downloaded and are playable into the DROD:TSS engine. We plan to make them available for sale as DLC at a great discount when greenlit."

After being spoiled by a daily that was Tales of Monkey Island for $5 I can't bring myself to pay more than $5 for a season of telltale games. The only exception was the Walking Dead season 1 and that was because I wanted to be able to hear podcasts discuss it for GOTY purposes.

Dr Dogg

This has probably been asked a tonne of times by now, but what's the reason for UK folk not being able to buy Watch Dogs on Steam?

Probably the same reason we got the short end of the stick with AC: III and Far Cry 3 (might be a few other Ubi titles as well). Don't think anybody got the bottom of why they took a month to turn up on Steam for us in the UK but might be a retailer promotion (glaring at you GAME *grrrrrrr*).

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So I got Arkham Origins to run in a playable state. I just need to:

Erase bmengine and bmgame files from the game directory
Launch that Borderless window tool
Lauch the game
Hope that the game doesn't crash on start up
Get into the option
Set my prefences (because deleting bmengine resets all the options)
Get ingame
Play
Remember to avoid entering the menù, because it could crash the game
Hope that the game won't crash anyway just because it feels like to

But hey, I can't wait to buy the next DLCs that's coming out!

JordanKZ

Probably the same reason we got the short end of the stick with AC: Revelations and Far Cry 3 (might be a few other Ubi titles as well). Don't think anybody got the bottom of why they took a month to turn up on Steam for us in the UK but might be a retailer promotion (glaring at you GAME *grrrrrrr*).

Spectacular, I look forward to playing it in July then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This has probably been asked a tonne of times by now, but what's the reason for UK folk not being able to buy Watch Dogs on Steam?

No idea. Ubi is blaming Valve but I wouldn't place any stock in that.

Edit:
Probably the same reason we got the short end of the stick with AC: III and Far Cry 3 (might be a few other Ubi titles as well). Don't think anybody got the bottom of why they took a month to turn up on Steam for us in the UK but might be a retailer promotion (glaring at you GAME *grrrrrrr*).

Ah, was that still going on as recently as AssCreed/Far Cry 3? I thought it ended not longer after it started.

r3n4ud

Battle Academy releases soon and here's what the dev says as to what is included in the base game. Also, dlc is planned for later on. Game looks real good. Anyone try it out on iOS?

Slitherine_Iain [developer] 10 Apr @ 9:31am
No this is the base game, so you currently pay the same price for PC and iOS as the game is on sale. iOS games are just cheaper than equivalent PC games in pretty much 100% so it makes no sense to try and argue otherwise :)

The base game includes 3 campaigns, multiplayer and a number of single scenarios. It also has a built in system to download masses of free user content. Each expansion adds a campaign and around 5 multiplayer maps. Expansions also each include ~10-20 new units not seen in the base game. The original game had 100 units and there are now over 200 with the expansions.

Until Tuesday the expansions were $15 each and there were 6 of them so $90 worth of content. We just dropped the price individually to $9.99 and created a pack with all 6 for $29.99. This will be available on Steam in a couple of weeks.

At first I was thinking, what the hell is wrong with you. But now I'm thinking, you're gonna have so much fun.
If he enjoyed it he probably would've seen the best by now, wouldn't you agree ? ;)
Or at least a few years earlier.

I enjoyed them actually. The thing is, I have this weird tendency to postpone super big AAA stuff because I know I'll see/play them sooner or later.

I watched The Hobbit Part 1 & 2 recently though and I liked them. Not fantastic but enjoyable.

I wish Steam would automatically close itself after launching a game. Someone tell me there's a way to do that so I don't have to frantically do it myself before the game takes focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom