• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The multiplayer and the singleplayer are separated downloads. "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Single Player it's the name.

Ugh... I don't think I have that in my library? How is that possible?

You can get good at Volgarr since the game is responsive and fair. You can never get good at Bloodrayne. It's just awkward and punishing. Everything about it is stiff and unwieldy, like playing a game with your fingers all in individual casts.

I would say that it's almost too fluid and slick... it feels a lot like a flash engine, like the original Shank felt to me. Once you get used to it though, the game is solid (but it's got a very high difficulty level).

I mean, people can do runs like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSRKofetLc

Why do these companies always have to test the waters with mediocre games?

Bloodrayne is NOT mediocre. It's a good game.
I liked it enough after it clicked to get every achievement/trophy sans the one for S Ranking everything.

Xe599MJ.gif

That looks pretty cool. What is it?

They already released Double Dragon Neon, so no worries there.

I haven't spent any time with DD:N yet, but by all accounts, it's a very solid brawler.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
KF is very capable of solo play, it scales wave sizes and enemy health to player count and every enemy type is designed to be capable of being killed by a single player. You don't have to get around it, the game excels at co-op, but solo is very much an option.

Then I have to be doing something wrong as the medic, trying to heal myself between rounds and being wiped out by wave 2-4 because the enemies spawn, I can peddle backwards "kite" them around areas (which really again, makes it not really soloable since you're getting around what the game wants you do) and basically be a war of attrition.

Maybe leveling the medic class up will give you the ability to heal yourself, I dunno. I stopped with KF when I saw the game didn't really want me to play solo, and the multiplayer servers in the Unreal Tournament browser were nothing but modified servers that were all full and the defaults were all empty.

Red Orchestra 2 is supposed to be free today right?

Nice. Guess I didn't need to buy it after I get around to trying RO1 that I got off modbot then. :D

Guess it makes up for already having L4D2 during the Christmas giveaway.

Project CARS finally got it's first official trailer, it's pretty sweet looking if you ask me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBLMscFP5ec

Can't wait.

But DA2 is still a good game despite the rehashed dungeons. It's very much worth playing. Is it as good as DA:O? No. But it's still a hell of a lot better than most fantasy-type games out there and a lot of fun.

In a bubble it may be fine, but following what I would consider a pretty god-tier fantasy RPG I was staggeringly disappointed. I ended up beating it, but couldn't stomach another play through. There is just SO much rehashing of areas.

I can't get for my life Sonic Generations to work with my laptop. I have tried everything said on the topics on the subject of them having crappy configs (adding the other card as another VGA screen -> shows up on the list -> game still runs like crap, copying the name of the card from to the config -> game throws an error). Fuck youuuu Sonics shitty friend

I haven't spent any time with DD:N yet, but by all accounts, it's a very solid brawler.
That's what I mean, there's no worries about testing the waters, they already released the great game. :3

Then I have to be doing something wrong as the medic, trying to heal myself between rounds and being wiped out by wave 2-4 because the enemies spawn, I can peddle backwards "kite" them around areas (which really again, makes it not really soloable since you're getting around what the game wants you do) and basically be a war of attrition.

Maybe leveling the medic class up will give you the ability to heal yourself, I dunno. I stopped with KF when I saw the game didn't really want me to play solo, and the multiplayer servers in the Unreal Tournament browser were nothing but modified servers that were all full and the defaults were all empty.
Kiting is strategically working around enemy attack cycles and avoiding damage, this is exactly what the game wants you to do and why the harder hitters behave the way they do. I don't know where you keep getting the impression that that's getting around the game's design as they never intend for it to be impossible in a co-op situation to complete a wave where the rest of your team is wiped.

Ruruja

Decided to 'do a fantomena' and farm and sell all my trading cards in preparation for the summer sale. Won't get anywhere near his total but should be enough for a few games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Decided to 'do a fantomena' and farm and sell all my trading cards in preparation for the summer sale. Won't get anywhere near his total but should be enough for a few games.

I need to do this too. I have about $60 worth of unfarmed cards from about 130 different games. Seems like every time I spend time idling, I inevitably get just as many new games that support cards and my total stays about the same.

dream

God. I hate the Souls series, which really says more about me than the franchise itself, yet I am always powerless to not buy the games. Especially at 25% off...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This is a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? We've gone from "this is too hard for me" to "you want to be coddled". The sense of elitism in games when it comes to difficulty is really frustrating to deal with.

Just throw in "lowest common denominator" said in a tone filled with disgust and you have elitist gaming in a nutshell.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

An old MS-DOS game called Jagged Alliance has made it to Steam. It's currently $9.99, no discount.

About the Game

Jagged Alliance is a true legend of tactical turn-based Strategy! The Gold Edition includes Jagged Alliance and Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games.

The return of a real classic - for the first time on Steam! 20 years ago, Jagged Alliance made an impact and changed the strategy genre forever. Now you can experience this legend in its glorious original form.

A desperate call for help from the island Metavira: The scientist Jack Richards and his lovely daughter Brenda are reaching out to you. The Fallow trees and thus the precious, medical sap on which countless of lives depend, are under the control of the evil and traitorous Santino. That’s why Jack and Brenda hire you, the commander of a mercenary force, to put an end to Santino's insane plans.

You and your mercenaries have to reclaim the island sector by sector, turn by turn. Cultivate the Fallow Trees and process their juices, as they are the basis for your funding. Hire better mercenaries, train local militias and manage your equipment wisely. Get your troops out there and help the people of Metavira!

• Experience a true classic
  • 60 mercenaries, 60 attitudes, 60 voices
  • Lots of authentic weapons and equipment
  • Intense turn-based combat
  • Non-linear gameplay
  • High replay value

fantomena

I think I used about 1 year or so on them. The first 8 months I downloaded the games, then I got tired and started using SAM.

Durante

In a bubble it may be fine, but following what I would consider a pretty god-tier fantasy RPG I was staggeringly disappointed. I ended up beating it, but couldn't stomach another play through. There is just SO much rehashing of areas.
I did half a playthrough of it and felt like I had done 3, based on the amount of reuse. Since I normally play RPGs exactly once I stopped at that point.

gdt

Goddamit. Saints Row IV runs beautifully, but crashes a ton when a cutscene starts or on load screens. Then it reboots itself. It mostly happens during missions, and since the game doesn't save in missions I'm fucked when it crashes.

Saints Row III gave me similar problems, except it also ran like shit.

Its just so odd that these games specifically give me issues.

That's what I mean, there's no worries about testing the waters, they already released the great game. :3

Kiting is strategically working around enemy attack cycles and avoiding damage, this is exactly what the game wants you to do and why the harder hitters behave the way they do. I don't know where you keep getting the impression that that's getting around the game's design as they never intend for it to be impossible in a co-op situation to complete a wave where the rest of your team is wiped.

Fair enough. But for the record, they're releasing another pretty solid game as a follow up. :p

And yeah -- Kiting is basically luring an enemy in a patter such that you can avoid it completely (and optimally damage it in return)... there's the "Kite like a man" achievement in L4D2 which involves basically leading the Tank around so that the AI can shoot it while you don''t fire at all.

Arthea

I'm 3 games from 1000 and Trails is still not on steam, nor being promised even. What are you doing to me Xseed? Why? I need it to be my 1000th game, there is no way around it.
Well, I could take Child of Light instead, but I promised this place to Trails!
*posts many pics of a sad panda*

edited: not even Steins Gate for my 1000th spot. How can life be this unfair...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 3 games from 1000 and Trails is still not on steam, nor being promised even. What are you doing to me Xseed? Why? I need it to be my 1000th game, there is no way around it.
Well, I could take Child of Light instead, but I promised this place to Trails!
*posts many pics of a sad panda*

edited: not even Steins Gate for my 1000th spot. How can life be this unfair...

The solution is simple. Buy games you really want, but put them in your inventory until Trails comes out. Put any keys you get in a bundle in a word document or spreadsheet.

But the question is, can you wait? Or will you give in to your greed and buy so many games that Trails becomes your 1500th game, or your 2000th game?

Wut? The multiplayer appears but the single-player doesn't? That is very weird.

I wonder if it's because I bought Rising Storm sub from GMG and that only contains all the multiplayer components?
JaseC, you're a steamDB wizard -- any idea what's going on?

I don't even think I can get the game free today because Steam thinks I already own it...
This is what I grabbed a few weeks ago: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/rising-storm/

As far as I can tell, it's an MP only package... is there any way I can get the full sub for RO2 added to my account when it's free today?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Evopollution, a game from the most recent Greenlight batch, is now available on Steam for $4.99, no discount.

About the Game

Evopollution is a bussiness strategy game that incorporates the environment into the game.

Create oil drills and solar farms in the business strategy game Evopollution.
Your aim is to turn the money you start with into $1,000,000 out of the profits you earn from buildings like oil drills or gas plants.

Beware the pollution you create, if an area becomes too polluted it could summon meteors, lightning or even a giant worm creature that could destroy your hard work.
Maintain your world with trees and keep the pollution low, or even go green with solar panels and wind turbines.

Play on areas like the mountains or the snowy plains, earth not hard enough? Try Mars instead and terraform the planet back to its original state.

Tizoc

OK to recap
Racing games worth picking up:
Mad Racers
Flatout 2
Dirt 2
Grid 2 (or should I skip this and get the new one releasing later this year?)

Any other racers worth getting with a great sense of speed? Sorry wasn't on GAF much the other day so didn't check this thread ^^;

a beautiful screenshot might help :D

dat lens flare!

I was looking down, lens flare was hurting my eyes.

Anteater

Oh jeez. Is that the bit on the beach with the crabs and the flying fuckers in the arena adjacent to it? Because that was horrifying.

I think so, I don't remember if that was a crab, it shot fireballs tho, every area kind of looks the same with the same endless amount of enemies, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom