• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

The solution is simple. Buy games you really want, but put them in your inventory until Trails comes out. Put any keys you get in a bundle in a word document or spreadsheet.

But the question is, can you wait? Or will you give in to your greed and buy so many games that Trails becomes your 1500th game, or your 2000th game?

I was contemplating this idea, but I'm so forgetful... Last time, when I checked keys from older bundles for my giveaway, I found something like 5 or 6 steam games I haven't redeemed, it probably was later additions to bundles, that I forgot to check. But if I would make spreadsheet and pin a link to it somewhere visible... that might work.

This question is even more serious, what if I wanted to buy something on steam?! Let's say Transformers games went on some insane sale, what then?! oh horror

Always Remember Me keys are up on Indie Gala. Deluxe edition and everything :)

That makes 998th game for me, time to make very hard decision.

Deques

Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising now seem to have all the Steam achievements that used to be the GFWL achievements.

61590.jpg

61579.jpg

etc.

So I'm guessing GFWL is likely to be gone from these games any day now.

Getting these MP achievements will be a bit weird though, as they have expanded on the multiplayer modes with Retribution, so it's kind of like going back to vanilla Street Fighter 4 after Arcade Edition is out.

Great! Looking forward to see it ditches GFWL

I was contemplating this idea, but I'm so forgetful... Last time, when I checked keys from older bundles for my giveaway, I found something like 5 or 6 steam games I haven't redeemed, it probably was later additions to bundles, that I forgot to check. But if I would make spreadsheet and pin a link to it somewhere visible... that might work.

This question is even more serious, what if I wanted to buy something on steam?! Let's say Transformers games went on some insane sale, what then?! oh horror

Then you gift it to yourself. And it stays in your inventory until you add it to your library.

OK to recap
Racing games worth picking up:
Mad Racers
Flatout 2
Dirt 2
Grid 2 (or should I skip this and get the new one releasing later this year?)

Any other racers worth getting with a great sense of speed? Sorry wasn't on GAF much the other day so didn't check this thread ^^;

I was looking down, lens flare was hurting my eyes.

I keep looking at GRID2 when it's on sale, but then I go to the store page in Steam and see all the negative reviews from people who loved the first game and think "I'm not even really into racing games, why should I drop $8 on this?"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if it's because I bought Rising Storm sub from GMG and that only contains all the multiplayer components?
JaseC, you're a steamDB wizard -- any idea what's going on?

Crap, I don't even think I can get the game free today because Steam thinks I already own it...

Steam says you already own the game because the app id used for the store page is that of the MP game. Assuming RO2 proper is being given away and not just Rising Storm, you'll be able to grab it.

So how do I get RO2 to "stick" to my account? Hit the "Install Game" button, then cancel the download?

Install Game ties the app to your account. You're thinking of Play Game.

So how do I get RO2 to "stick" to my account? Hit the "Install Game" button, then cancel the download?

Is it actually free now? Cause I'll go try it out, if so.

Thanks JaseC for the wisdom -- hopefully you're right.

Daily Skullgirls 50% off

Great game with fantastic post release support. Very happy to have backed the kickstarter for the DLC characters.
Speaking of daily deals -- was the GMG sale today supposed to change to another era of combat or something? Looks like it's still the medieval warfare games at the moment.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Always Remember Me keys are up on Indie Gala. Deluxe edition and everything :)

Finally. It took Indie Gala forever to send them out. At least the dev was really nice about the whole thing. Will get it when I get home later.

Then you gift it to yourself. And it stays in your inventory until you add it to your library.

This is what I do when I don't want to add a game to my library right away, if at all. I've got a Pat and Mat copy just sitting there, waiting.

HoosTrax

Is it actually free now? Cause I'll go try it out, if so.

Thanks JaseC for the wisdom -- hopefully you're right.
It would seem that way. I hit the Install Game button and got this:

Success!
Red Orchestra 2 - Free Day (no cost) is now registered to your account on Steam.

To access your new content, simply launch this game from your games list on Steam.

For some reason I missed the Retro Groupees 3 bundle. Wanted to buy it yesterday but forgot.

Did someone get extra bundles during the Dollar Days thingy and would sell one to me?

Looks like I'm done with story mode in Batman : Origins. Just finished the Bird questline and all the textures in The Alibi disappeared. I reloaded my save and verified the files and it's still the same. Can't even move or do anything. Fantastic.

Guess I have to stick with Challenge mode now. Pretty shitty.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Heck, I'm 34 and better at games than I've ever been, but the reality is that no one can do whatever they want, no matter how positively they think. I know guys younger than me, who put way more time into gaming than I do, who rarely manage to finish games even on Easy Mode.
This is me. I've been playing video games since I have memory (and probably even before that), and I can proudly say I suck at each and every one of them. For example: I couldn't finish half of the Bit.Trip games, I stopped at the 3rd boss in Dark Souls (after getting help for some previous parts), only managed to beat Super Mario Bros by using save states, gave up on the final boss in Metroid Prime 2, etc. I love playing (good) games, but I have to admit I'm not good at it.

Just throw in "lowest common denominator" said in a tone filled with disgust and you have elitist gaming in a nutshell.
All these damned casuals are part of the problem, man! Why do they have to steal our (difficult) games?

Anteater

This is me. I've been playing video games since I have memory (and probably even before that), and I can proudly say I suck at each and every one of them. For example: I couldn't finish half of the Bit.Trip games, I stopped at the 3rd boss in Dark Souls (after getting help for some previous parts), only managed to beat Super Mario Bros by using save states, gave up on the final boss in Metroid Prime 2, etc. I love playing (good) games, but I have to admit I'm not good at it.

I haven't even beaten super mario bros yet

fantomena

Holy moly, the amount of DS2 Playfire rewards are insane.

Seems like I know what I will use the next 2 weeks on.

With DS2 now owned on Steam, I own Demon's Souls, DS both on PS3 and Steam and now DS2 on Steam.

RealMeat

Banned
I wish there was a way to put all my cards up for sale for their last sold price. I'm guessing scripting something like that is against the TOS?

BruteUA

I'm happy I'm one of the few that could play all the way through Arkham Origins + Cold, Cold Heart with either no issues or something so trivial I forgot it.

I should probably go buy some lottery tickets before my luck runs out.

Dr Dogg

Well I think I've seen enough footage of Watch_Dogs today to satisfy my desire until release to go on a blackout. Sounds like a mix of all of Ubi's collect-em-ups combined with Driver plus those VR sections look mental, like Saints Row mental. Now if only Steam would answer my support ticket as to when it's going to be available in the UK.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish there was a way to put all my cards up for sale for their last sold price. I'm guessing scripting something like that is against the TOS?

Correct. The best you can do is get Enhanced Steam, which will tell you the current lowest price of an item when you click on it in your inventory.

It makes it quite a bit easier to do what you're trying to do. Click card, see lowest price, click sell, type in lowest price, click okay, repeat.

Levyne

Banned
I had a couple crashes with cold cold heart. Well, freezes that I could alt tab out of. Hmm, if it happens in other games I may have to troubleshoot.

Is there a way to fix the cookies not being enabled in your browser error on the client? It's happening way too frequently for me to ignore any longer.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm happy I'm one of the few that could play all the way through Arkham Origins + Cold, Cold Heart with either no issues or something so trivial I forgot it.

I should probably go buy some lottery tickets before my luck runs out.

Yep, other than the once in a blue moon thug getting stuck in geometry, my experience has been glitch-free. Feels good man.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rochard -- MB-5922047E02CAA676 - Taken by _hekk05. 4 entrants total.

t1398275346z1.png

Arthea

Well I think I've seen enough footage of Watch_Dogs today to satisfy my desire until release to go on a blackout. Sounds like a mix of all of Ubi's collect-em-ups combined with Driver plus those VR sections look mental, like Saints Row mental. Now if only Steam would answer my support ticket as to when it's going to be available in the UK.

are you working for Ubi? you almost sold me on Watch Doggs

Yep, other than the once in a blue moon thug getting stuck in geometry, my experience has been glitch-free. Feels good man.

If I'm not confusing you with someone else (I hope I don't), you seem really have a good luck with running games that many have problems with. I'm sorta curious about your setup, but you keep ignoring my questions, so I won't insist
this time (><)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I'm not confusing you with someone else (I hope I don't), you seem really have a good luck with running games that many have problems with. I'm sorta curious about your setup, but you keep ignoring my questions, so I won't insist
this time (><)

Intel, Nvidia, a shitload of Ram, always up to date drivers, very few applications installed, very few ever running, and continual file/application cleaning.

Aka I'm computer literate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rochard -- MB-FC4B6128F04D1451 - Taken by nightstorm

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
For the three of you that didn't win the other giveaway, or anyone who didn't see it, enjoy.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rochard -- MB-D38EB2B9BE89BF8F - Taken by TheLetdown. 4 entrants total.

t1398276514z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom