• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While sometimes it's false, I've found that at least 80%-85% of the new releases in the last few weeks have been accurate. For example, Mashed lists it's release date on the store page as Jun 25, 2004. On the home page, it's a "new release" and has a release date of Apr 24, 2014.

O, well that's good news, I was wrong then. I guess they are doing it just to maximize sales then with more people viewing these "new releases" even if they don't buy after clicking,

nampad

Get low:

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ride em Low -- MB-EE1467BDF75E7726 - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.

t1398382359z1.png

Speaking of which, another old game, Vangers just popped up. There's really been a flood of older games reaching Steam lately. Some of them I'm very interested in, like Harvester, but others are pretty forgettable. The same could be said for new releases as well, of course.

Vangers' Steam Blurb said:
Vangers was originally released in 1998 and now we present you with the special reworked edition of the game with improved performance on modern operating systems. Game still runs in 800x600 resolution though, as it was intended to do.

Uh.... huh. RIght, guys.

Copons

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-E684F5834647866B - Taken by nature boy
Cave Story Plus -- MB-90C4BBE104DFBF1A - Taken by Sammichu
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-FD8048BAE74090DF

Enjoy stuff!

Kiru

Something small for you awesome people. Hope it still works :)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-396CE072DC244730 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.

t1398373224z1.png

fantomena

BAM!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wasteland 2 -- MB-16B6A8CE6D57A772

t1398458994z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am getting so sick of these old ass games spamming the new release list, TB was dead right with this. These publishers need to stop, Valve needs an overhauled system. Just write the actual release date, they can still pop up but don't annoy everybody like this.
I have no problem with this, as long as the games are good. What I do mind is the rush of shovelware that's been happening lately. It makes the new releases list hard to navigate, and I started to ignore it altogether and instead rely solely on people here in this thread to keep me informed.

Waku

First come, first serve.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cave Story Plus -- MB-AF0C57E32B398BED - Taken by Overdoziz

Tizoc

Just finished Episode 3 of Erica Reed. Gonna try and finish up the game tomorrow then start with the Blackwell games I guess.

dani_dc

Why did I buy Dark Souls II?
I should know better, I have an important college project to finish by monday and some friends are coming over tomorrow to play some board games.

Damn you GMG and your 25% vouchers.

This is going to be a frustating weekend.

Grief.exe

I should know better, I have an important college project to finish by monday and some friends are coming over tomorrow to play some board games.

Damn you GMG and your 25% vouchers.

This is going to be a frustating weekend.

Just no sleep it. I have wrapped up all the work I need to do for the weekend, but the next couple weeks will be rough.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now that Dark Souls II is almost released - after they fix the inevitable "launch bugs", they can start working on a GFWL-free version of the first one. :)

The_Monk

Good luck for your project.

Try to wake up early, stretch every now and then, drink some good Coffee, plenty of water too and try to get everything else done, like meals or other daily necessities. Have a clean and peaceful environment to boost your focus on studying and if you feel tempted to play a bit do so but remember to go back to your project. Focus is key so if you can't focus try again at a later time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Endless Legend selling buttloads it seems, already #2

dani_dc

Just no sleep it. I have wrapped up all the work I need to do for the weekend, but the next couple weeks will be rough.

I barely sleep as it is, for some reason I sleep awfully during nights and only sleep well during day time.
Unfortunately I had an important project for last wednesday so I couldn't wrap this project before, it's already pretty advanced but we are having some unexpected issues.

... Chances are I'll end up playing Dark Souls II regardless, I'm usually pretty bad at prioritizing.

Try to wake up early, stretch every now and then, drink some good Coffee, plenty of water too and try to get everything else done, like meals or other daily necessities. Have a clean and peaceful environment to boost your focus on studying and if you feel tempted to play a bit do so but remember to go back to your project. Focus is key so if you can't focus try again at a later time.

Thanks, I'll probably wake up early, my worry is waking up too early (Say 4 am), being unable to sleep more and then being tired and with a headache all day.
But yes, I plan to try and finish the project tomorrow in the morning, hopefully I can pull it off, really don't want to spend the entire weekend around it.

Grief.exe

Now that Dark Souls II is almost released - after they fix the inevitable "launch bugs", they can start working on a GFWL-free version of the first one. :)

Yes please.

I plan on having a nice cup of tea and making some notes from my textbooks over the weekend when I have a chance.

Then I will be ready to dive back in on Monday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so about Rising storm 2, is this as good or as fun as Battlefield 1942?

I miss that game so much! does it run well on most computers?

It's not like BF in anything but "big scale" battles. There's some tanks (and I think airplanes) but it isn't as "arcade"y as BF.

It's... not bad. But it's VERY different and I dunno how I feel on it since I'm still getting to grips on it.

masterkajo

Wise words, indeed. This is how I managed to finish my thesis last year. Reward yourself from now and then with a little playtime but always set limits beforehand and then return to your project. Takes a bit of self restrained but once you get in your rythm it flows nicely.

Just finished my co-op run of War for Cybertron as the thing to occupy my time prior to DS2. It's weird that the game is capped at 3 player co-op, but the entirety of it was pretty enjoyable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Street Racing Syndicate was in Indie Gala Dwarves bundle so hopefully they pop out a key

edit: scratch that, if you have that bundle, go activate your gamersgate key they gave you, gamersgate has a steam key now

The_Monk

Thanks, I'll probably wake up early, my worry is waking up too early (Say 4 am), being unable to sleep more and then being tired and with a headache all day.
But yes, I plan to try and finish the project tomorrow in the morning, hopefully I can pull it off, really don't want to spend the entire weekend around it.

If you can't sleep at night don't force yourself to go to bed. It will give you more anxiety thinking "I need to sleep right now or I will get tired!". A bit of light reading or music might help. Game if you have to, a boring game preferably. ;)

I plan on having a nice cup of tea and making some notes from my textbooks over the weekend when I have a chance.

Then I will be ready to dive back in on Monday.

Good idea, I found that my memory is much more effective when drinking a fair amount of water with a bit of tea/coffee. I drink coffee without sugar these days. Too much sugar in me and I become too distracted. Just make sure you have most of the things organized and ready to work on and make your space clean to give you motivation to sit and study.

Wise words, indeed. This is how I managed to finish my thesis last year. Reward yourself from now and then with a little playtime but always set limits beforehand and then return to your project. Takes a bit of self restrained but once you get in your rythm it flows nicely.

Indeed my good man masterkajo. ;)

I also use a lot of Incense sticks but that might be odd for some of you. Either way, smell can impact on your concentration, believe it or not.

Music can also help but it can distract you it really depends on each individual as some will end up singing the song. Best music should those without lyrics so you can focus on what you are readind instead of what you are listening. Music can work as way to memorize your readings if it's light and mostly instrumental. I find plenty of Zen music to be inspirational on a daily basis, but that's me. It really depends on each person.

Sorry for the off topic people, I'll stop now. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I also use a lot of Incense sticks but that might be odd for some of you. Either way, smell can impact on your concentration, believe it or not.

Unfortunately I have Anosmia :(
Meaning I have no sense of smell.

I wish I could use things like incense to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom