• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapsari

lVTNNpC.gif

You are doing the wrong moves. This is how you dance

four_knights_dance_by_aloo81-d79c5tk.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh, wilflare, thanks for Risk of Rain! I've been working on my Ludum Dare game all day so I only just noticed. But oui, that's a great treat to find out after focusing on a game all day. <3

However, I didn't actually get the game as it says the gift was already redeemed, but thank you for the good will anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks v much. Is it actually good or does it just look cool

The Steam version* hasn't had a concurrent player average of more than 200 since last June, so probably the latter.

* Judging from a quick glance at the website I don't think there is a non-Steam version -- not any more, at least.

Dusk Golem

Thanks v much. Is it actually good or does it just look cool

I have not played it, so these are not my own thoughts, but I've heard it's a like it/don't like it kind of game, but not a bad game by any stretch, and on the higher spectrum of Dinosaur-based games.

JaseC

Today I got the dialog box again, and here is my current theory, though it's stupid if it really works this way:
  • If you set a game to NOT automatically download updates, and then try to launch it once an update has become available, you are forced to download the update. No choice, you cannot play it until it is fully updated. If you went offline this might also prevent you from playing the game at all, but I didn't test that.
  • If you set a game to automatically download updates, the default, BUT IT HAS NOT YET UPDATED because it on the download queue behind other games, then you will get that play/update prompt when you launch it.
Valve please, why can't we just always get the dialog box? ;_; Sometimes people don't want to update games. It's not a huge request!

I just finished experimenting with Garry's Mod (the dev branch is updated regularly) and the above is indeed the case. Clicking "Play" when automatic updates are disabled just downloads the update, whereas if automatic updates are enabled but the game is behind in the download queue you're given the option to play the existing build.

Damn Teleglitch, had an incredible run going and then I warped to a new zone and entered a room full of people with machine guns and instantly died. AGH

Dusk Golem

Apparently for those who supported DreadOut on Indiegogo, Steam keys will be sent out soon. I'm happy and excited DreadOut is releasing on Steam next month, but it's still not clear if it's the complete game or Early Access or something. They state it like the full game is releasing in May on Steam, but then that is a LOT sonner than I was anticipating. I remember last March (as in March 2013) when they said DreadOut was still probably a long time away before they release. I know they got funding and hired quite a few more people, but that still has me surprised if they really mean the full game is releasing next month, and the announcement so abruptly.

It was the horror game I was second-most excited for this year, so I may be gushing about it some here. I am curious if the announcement of a new Fatal Frame will help or hurt it, though.

_hekk05

Banned
Damn Teleglitch, had an incredible run going and then I warped to a new zone and entered a room full of people with machine guns and instantly died. AGH

Beware the red doors. Sometimes (read: always), when you move deeper into the room the red doors lock and you're stuck with the red dudes with machine guns. ruined my lvl 1-lvl 6 run

The Steam version* hasn't had a concurrent player average of more than 200 since last June, so probably the latter.

* Judging from a quick glance at the website I don't think there is a non-Steam version -- not any more, at least.

I have not played it, so these are not my own thoughts, but I've heard it's a like it/don't like it kind of game, but not a bad game by any stretch, and on the higher spectrum of Dinosaur-based games.

awwww

The_Monk

Morning everyone. It's been more than 24 hours since the last time I played Dark Souls II which means I'm going to die 10 time to get used to it again when I get to play it again.

Anyone, seems a good time for a coffee.

fantomena

Just deleted tons of stuff from my wishlist, stuff I know just sitting there for collection purposes and not games I actually want. My wishlist did go down from 159 to 129.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Morning everyone. It's been more than 24 hours since the last time I played Dark Souls II which means I'm going to die 10 time to get used to it again when I get to play it again.

Anyone, seems a good time for a coffee.

Have fun, Monk! I'll have a coffee too

Considered waiting for steam sale, but I might just pick it up tomorrow. Any discount codes or sites who got the game slightly cheaper? Must work with EU client

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0

anyone?

Ryne

Thanks Milamber for STCC!

I really hope this game will be good, I love the music already. Here's a copy for anyone interested -

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Child of Light -- MB-97E261E3ABCBFFE1 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 116 entrants total.

t1398679833z1.png

Tak3n

Banned
Delayed until May, apparently.

thx, I was reading their twitter feed but there were not terribly clear, when I saw it pulled I went into 'tin foil' hat mode after Spencer saying the future was all about exclusives for the Xbox One and felt perhaps they had been paid to keep it as a XOne exclusive

Milamber

Thank you for Miner Wars Milamber :)
Thanks for Velvet Assassin.
Thank you Milamber for Gish.
A giveaway is upcoming from me as well.
Thanks for Huamns must answer!
Thanks Milamber! That Elite Knight break dancing is freaking hilarious.
Thanks Milamber for STCC!
Have fun with them.

EDIT: Whoops. DP'ed all over myself.

JaseC

So what's the best way to buy Sleepy Dogs? Game on it's own plus the DLC pack or the Collection?

Base game + DLC pack if you want absolutely everything. Once the game has downloaded, though, you'll want to delete the following if you'd prefer not to receive the bonus cash/XP:

Spawn of Totoro @ Steam Community said:
AC8D6F78.dat (High Roller Pack)
E58008F5.dat (Red Envelope Pack)
1E6323E1.dat and 576E446C.dat (Top Dog Gold/Silver respectively)

If you're simply after extra missions, however, then you just need:

I've gotten to the point where it takes more than 10 seconds to scroll through my library. It's got to stop man ;-;

At least I've cut down on bundles of terrible games I will never play. A few months ago I'd be installing Skyscraper Simulator so it could sit on my hard drive for a few months before I deleted it.

Benedict

A giveaway to thank you all for all the giveaways. Might be another giveaway frome me soon.
A few of these codes might already be used, not work. I thought that the reply from modbot looked strange but hopefully everything is there.
Mass Effect 2 is for Origin. The rest is Steam.
Hope you find something you want.

Some leftovers are still available.

Caerith

A giveaway to thank you all for all the giveaways. Might be another giveaway frome me soon.
A few of these codes might already be used, not work. I thought that the reply from modbot looked strange but hopefully everything is there.
Mass Effect 2 is for Origin. The rest is Steam.
Hope you find something you want.

Thanks for Star Ruler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom