• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

Man almost bought Farsky .. but thanks to the Reviews I can see that the late game is non existent! Granted I assume they'll follow the MineCraft route (if enough of it sells I guess).

But yeah user reviews has been such a fucking gem for me.

Bummed I didn't get Planetary Annihilation while it had the big sale, game looks incredible. Anyone here spent time with the "gamma"?

I would love to spend some time on it, but it's still online only (well the whole phase pre-release is). It's driving me insane having bought it at the $80 mark and not be able to play it as my units desync like crazy.

From what I played it looked exactly what I wanted from SC's successor. Now just to play without having to connect to a central server and have everything calced from a server.

Tizoc

Thanks Milamber for STCC!

I really hope this game will be good, I love the music already. Here's a copy for anyone interested -

Can I enter? I pre-ordered the Special Edition of the game meaning it'd be a Uplay code. I could ask Ubi to offer a Steam code too but the chances of that are slim at worst.
I haven't entered the giveaway as of this post BTW.

If I post anything more about how I like Dark Souls 2 just think it's this GIF

Y9vfgNg.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
man having a new mouse feels great. first time i buy an actual gaming mouse

the scroll wheel is sooooooooooo smooth

it's delicious

It's on my list to play here pretty soon. Working on Hate Plus right now.
you have my utmost respect right now T_T

make me proud friend

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not here is EU2. Always been 30€ as far as I know.

It was €40 before.

30€ for legendary, 15€, for base game, still 20€ for each expansion. Real nice.
A 50% off legendary will probably be the best way to get those now.

Yeah, it took quite a while for the DLC on its own to hit an agreeable price point. Fortunately, none of it is region-locked.

Jawmuncher

you have my utmost respect right now T_T

make me proud friend

Was kinda mad that Steam Cloud didn't grab my save from the first. Though thankfully the questionnaire is all I need. Dont think i'm going to bake a cake though.

Is 69C a safe Laptop temperature or is it bad? Whenever I play Hate Plus my fan sky rockets and SpeedFan says that is the temp. Though my laptop isn't getting very hot. Just a loud fan.

Milamber

man having a new mouse feels great. first time i buy an actual gaming mouse

the scroll wheel is sooooooooooo smooth

it's delicious

Then there is the first month you will consciously try not to make too many double clicks, wiping your hands every half hour so as not to stain it and constantly checking the underside if there are any dirt pickups or scratches on the teflon.

Or is that just me on every new mouse?

JaseC

Is 69C a safe Laptop temperature or is it bad? Whenever I play Hate Plus my fan sky rockets and SpeedFan says that is the temp. Though my laptop isn't getting very hot. Just a loud fan.

69° is nothing to be concerned about (generally speaking, automatic hibernation doesn't kick in until 85-90°).

ChronoX

I modbotted the wrong Disciples III key :/ If I get the one I didn't want I will give away the key to anyone who wants it. I'm terribly sorry.

zkylon

zkylewd
Then there is the first month you will consciously try not to make too many double clicks, wiping your hands every half hour so as not to stain it and constantly checking the underside if there are any dirt pickups or scratches on the teflon.

Or is that just me on every new mouse?
well maybe a lot of people go obsessive like that but not me really

my most beloved (tech) possession would be my wacom tablet and i've droped that thing half a dozen times. it's got dirt on some spots i can't easily clean but you know, as long as it works i'm happy

it's not that expensive a mouse to be so dedicated to keeping it mint

I have no oven here and I already ate my microwave cake.
I think i'll just make her some ramen instead.
hmm ramen sounds more like mute's thing

Dr Dogg

Pssh My old HP laptop get's to 107C before shutting down perfectly safe (unless it is actually on your lap then you might need to see a doctor hahaha). 80C is about the point where things start to get dialled back. If you got a loud fan just idling on the desktop, try turning off aero effects and see if it goes down. If not sounds like it needs a clean which can be a right pain.

What are the coolest new mouses? Using a 6/7 year old Logitech which has been incredible but I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade.

Unless you got a penchant for lots and lots of buttons a SteelSeries Sensei is a good choice. Lots of different variants and caters to the 1 in 10 lefty freaks like myself. If you want to stay with Logitech a G400 is pretty much the modern day equivalent of a MX518 and that needs no introduction.

Jawmuncher

69° is nothing to be concerned about (generally speaking, automatic hibernation doesn't kick in until 85-90°).

Sounds good to me then. It doesn't get higher than that and I only need this thing to last me another month.

Pssh My old HP laptop get's to 107C before shutting down perfectly safe (unless it is actually on your lap then you might need to see a doctor hahaha). 80C is about the point where things start to get dialled back. If you got a loud fan just idling on the desktop, try turning off aero effects and see if it goes down. If not sounds like it needs a clean with can be a right pain.

It was doing that awhile back. But I blew it out and it's been fine during idle. Just Hate Plus thus far that is ramping it up now.
It doesn't seem to get higher than 69 so i'll just keep an eye on it. Sounds like I should be fine though.

JaseC

I can't even remember when I bought my MX518... probably circa mid~late 2005, looking at review publication dates. It's still going strong.

Ryne

Can I enter? I pre-ordered the Special Edition of the game meaning it'd be a Uplay code. I could ask Ubi to offer a Steam code too but the chances of that are slim at worst.
I haven't entered the giveaway as of this post BTW.

I don't have a problem with that, go ahead :)

fantomena

Using Hola Unblocker to change IP to buy the free EVE trial worked to sync the Playfire credits.

Yet, 1 achievement from Blackguards and 1 achivevement from DS2 doesn't show up on my profile yet, got them both 1 and 2 days ago.

Aerocrane

I can't even remember when I bought my MX518... probably circa mid~late 2005, looking at review publication dates. It's still going strong.

All of these stories make me think I'm unlucky: My MX518 stopped working a couple summers ago, bought it in late 2008. I bought a Steelseries Sensei to replace it, but I feel that it doesn't have enough of a distinct shape so it still doesn't feel all that great to use.

zkylon

zkylewd

i'm trying this build now on dks2 but mega halberd seems to break way too easily, which is disappointing since i already upgraded it a bit. this is my attempt at one upping your big-ass sword rhaknar

moving forward but cringing all the way, cos i know every step brings me closer to spideycave.

still helping people along the way, and challenging every black phantom i run across, and being surprisingly successful at it. game feels either more balanced or there's just more people so you don't run into cheaters and smurfs all the time. lots less lagstabbing too

i never really was into the online part of the game in dks1 but i'm enjoying it a lot here. probably cos it doesn't take fucking forever to connect to someone :p

Kiru

Using Hola Unblocker to change IP to buy the free EVE trial wored to sync the Playfire credits.

Yet, 1 achuevement from Blackguards and 1 achivevement from DS2 doesn't show up on my profile yet, got them both 1 and 2 days ago.
My Portal 2 co op ones from 2 days ago also don't show up, posted about that in the Playfire rewards thread. Some other people have the same problems. We have to wait a bit more I guess.

fantomena

My Portal 2 co op ones from 2 days ago also don't show up, posted about that in the Playfire rewards thread. Some other people have the same problems. We have to wait a bit more I guess.

Worst thing is DS2 though. The achievements are kinda hard, so if I receive more of them and they don't show up I can get so pissed that I am removing them and reactivating them through SAM.

Hope that don't happen though.

JaseC

The DLC on their own still cost more then the legendary edition, which is frankly absurd.

Yeah, that's the awkward thing about DLC -- it's almost never reduced along base game price drops so the value proposition remains consistent. Take Sleeping Dogs at the moment, for example: the three DLC mini-campaigns cost $3.77 while the base game is $3.99. In Skyrim's case, though, there's also the matter of Bethesda refusing to reduce the DLC items themselves by 50% whereas the LE package has already been 66% a good few times now.

_hekk05

Banned
Worst thing is DS2 though. The achievements are kinda hard, so if I receive more of them and they don't show up I can get so pissed that I am removing them and reactivating them through SAM.

Hope that don't happen though.

Yeah.. what did we say about SAM again?

Jawmuncher

hmm ramen sounds more like mute's thing

Regarding Mute, can I play her route if the other one is currently waiting for the ship power to come back? I'm assuming the game will track the progress on both sides and give me the Harem option when I beat both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom