• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Impressive titles this year+ to look forward to?

So far I've got down:

GTA V
Watch Dogs
The Division
Dying Light
Grid Autosport
Project Cars

Games I'm looking forward to:
GTA V (when it's on sale)
Grid Autosport (when it's on sale too since I'd like hear GAF impressions first :p)
Project Cars
Murdered Soul Suspect
Tesla Effect
Killer is dead

Off the top of my head.

Oh wait when is Transistor releasing on Steam again? Tempted to get that too.

Oh yeah, I forgot to respond to your post about AvP2 yesterday or whenever it was. As per this USPTO document it didn't go with Monolith to WB, which presumably means it's sitting somewhere at Acti (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Universal Games -> Vivendi Games -> Acti-Blizz -> Acti-Blizz: Independent Edition).

So what type of raindance would be required to get AVP2, SHOGO, and both NOLFs on Steam?

Do I have to promise to buy Blood 2? Because I'll do it.

Anteater

I want to see what the Division really looks like, we all know that it wouldn't look as good as the demo.

I expect it to look like the latest screenshots, doesn't seem like anything that can't be done with this generation's consoles:

blw0zcscqaatbtmxdqzv.png
bmkuk6fcmaur-z_xxqrk.png

bmflapxceaaw9tid9xna.png

Anteater

Haven't we learned from the Watch_Dogs fiasco already?

Well if you ask me I think those shots I posted barely look better than current watchdogs, it's got better art direction but doesn't seem technically impossible, the environments are still pretty flat, and everything is behind depth of field blur, the shadows even look really weird indoor I think!

I doubt the Division will look exactly like that because Ubisoft but with games like inFamous and Ryse being out for consoles so early on I can only imagine what games will look like in a few years, especially on the PC. Perhaps Ubisoft will change their ways though :p

Well if you ask me I think those shots I posted barely look better than current watchdogs, it's got better art direction but doesn't seem technically impossible, the environments are still pretty flat, and everything is behind depth of field blur, the shadows even look really weird indoor I think!

Depth of field is not only great but also resource intensive. It wouldn't really be an indication of quality being easily achieved.

Nabs

I'm sorta obsessed with Dark Souls II. The community is so active, it's crazy. I'm excited to beat this thing so I can start all over again.

Anteater

Depth of field is not only great but also resource intensive. It wouldn't really be an indication of quality being easily achieved.

hmm, they kind of look like the ones in gta4 mod which effectively hides a lot of bad texture and flat geometry with the environments, and plus it's not there in the first shot, so it might not be used intensively.

i don't really know the kind of dof blur being used there though so I might be underestimating the performance cost, still I would say those shots look quite inline with the other games this gen so far

wazoo

Who's playing the FP2 games on steam.

That is something I am not very familiar with. We always talks about AAA or indies, but there are 92 F2P games on steam and some look totally ok.

Turfster

I will personally find everyone responsible for this shit and kick them all in the pants.

I'll be rooting for you, but you'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath after all this time anymore.
I'm getting too old to do without breath for over 10 years.

DocSeuss

No One Lives Forever was awesome. Wish those games were on Steam. So many classic games that I wish were on Steam...

We should have a list of "classic computer games that aren't on Steam" somewhere. Also "games that got removed from Steam."

Oh yeah, I forgot to respond to your post about AvP2 yesterday or whenever it was. As per this USPTO document it didn't go with Monolith to WB, which presumably means it's sitting somewhere at Acti (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Universal Games -> Vivendi Games -> Acti-Blizz -> Acti-Blizz: Independent Edition).

Hm. I wonder who I'd need to talk to at Sega and ATVI to see if they could liberate it.

Reach into the morass of copyright law and pigheaded companies.
Good luck with that.

I actually know what the hangup is with NOLF. It's ridiculous. It's not a case of "oh, we're just not posting it," nor is it a case of "the rights were lost," nor is it stuck at Fox due to the whole screenwriting deal. It's something else that's also silly.

Apparently, Monolith released the source code to the original. I wonder how hard it'd be just to release an edited version of the game with better--non-broken, I mean--widescreen support.

Man, NOLF is amazing.

I need to go make this be on Steam.
Yup. I played it back when it came out and it used to be one of my favorite games ever. A few weeks ago I found a copy of it from a flea market for 1 euro and of course grabbed it as I had no idea where my original copy was. Replayed the game and suffice to say, it's still one my favorite games ever.

I just need to find a copy of NOLF 2 somehow now. I never played that and people here told me it actually improved things from the first one.

DocSeuss

Yup. I played it back when it came out and it used to be one of my favorite games ever. A few weeks ago I found a copy of it from a flea market for 1 euro and of course grabbed it as I had no idea where my original copy was. Replayed the game and suffice to say, it's still one my favorite games ever.

I just need to find a copy of NOLF 2 somehow now. I never played that and people here told me it actually improved things from the first one.

I played NOLF2 first, and honestly, going back through NOLF... like, I enjoy it, but I feel like NOLF2 is way better from a gameplay perspective. It's also got better humor all-around, much better executed stealth, and a tighter story. I think the tornado fight is better than the parachute fight.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna play some Dark Souls and pretend it's Dark Souls II since I shouldn't really spend money on it right now.

I played NOLF2 first, and honestly, going back through NOLF... like, I enjoy it, but I feel like NOLF2 is way better from a gameplay perspective. It's also got better humor all-around, much better executed stealth, and a tighter story. I think the tornado fight is better than the parachute fight.

NOLF is great, but its too long. NOLF2 was paced so much better, and the locations were much more fun.

AVP2, however, is the best game in either of those franchises. It's a crime that it's not available anywhere.

Anteater

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Same boat, man...

I wasn't going to pay full price for it because my budget is kind of tight, good thing I have a friend who shares his games with me

dude was playing it for like 10hrs straight over 1 day

So I ended up buying it, but no other games for me for the next month or so, I should work on playing them anyway :p

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Are there any good bundles/sales going on right now? In the mood for another quick giveaway before the weekend officially ends...

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Decided to go easy. Here you go...

Lego Marvel Super Heroes Givewaway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-6D193D369E57CA4F - Taken by _hekk05. 9 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1398672109z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom