• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I'm quite enjoying Narcissu, finished the first game yesterday and started playing the second, so far I find the story of Himeko and Setsumi in the second ep to be more interesting because I didn't quite like the protagonist's perspective of the first game.

The presentation of the game and music is really nice though.

Jawmuncher

I'm quite enjoying Narcissu, finished the first game yesterday and started playing the second, so far I find the story of Himeko and Setsumi in the second ep to be more interesting because I didn't quite like the protagonist's perspective of the first game.

how long did part 1 take you?

kurahador

I agree on the music, great stuff.

Still in the middle of the first one, but I'm thinking of holding it off until they've done implementing the steam achievements.

Tizoc

It's a crazy couple of months and finding the free time to squeeze all these releases in is proving somewhat a pain and shifting releases isn't do much to help. Looks like a few things will go on the back burner for the time being. Though just got confirmation my copy of Child of Delight has dispatched and Dark Souls II should be winging it's way to me by the end of the week. Then there's a massive gap towards the end of the month were KiD is squeezed right next to the Dogs of Watchness.

Couple that with my backlog of stuff I'll actually play I'm good for games waaaay up until Beyond Earth.

Well KiD's a short game, so you can beat it in a day or two then move on Dog Watch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Good lord I feel like Dark Souls 2 is gonna end up my GOTY. The last time I was this thirsty for a game was Dark Souls 1. Co-oping with a friend is absolutely amazing. Even when you aren't summoned to each others worlds and you are just playing in roughly the same area figuring shit out together is amazing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Right then so just loaded up my save and was about to hop aboard the Jackdaw, wh.. What?
Haha amazing. Assassin's Creed always has unintentionally memorable glitches. Let me share this one I encountered when I played AC3 on the 360:

My favorite glitch was when
precisely right after I buried Achilles he appeared inside the house putting his family portrait over the fireplace, walked off in silence then said a single "good morning" after the cutscene was done.
Scared the shit out of me because it almost felt like it was intentional, lol.

Good lord I feel like Dark Souls 2 is gonna end up my GOTY. The last time I was this thirsty for a game was Dark Souls 1. Co-oping with a friend is absolutely amazing. Even when you aren't summoned to each others worlds and you are just playing in roughly the same area figuring shit out together is amazing.

Agreed. I'm only 8 hours in, but damn. This game. Having the summoning aspect improved from DS1 > DS2 makes SO much difference. I can throw down my sign and get summoned in about 30 seconds.

oipic

Good lord I feel like Dark Souls 2 is gonna end up my GOTY.

You might not be on your own there, Stallion - those on my friends list have clocked up some solid hours already (an average of 16 hours each):

i9k15pu.png

(snuck Fez in there to highlight the agenda-setting ways of Playfire)

Milamber

PlayFire now tells me to never play games even if I want to unless they have been on Playfire before and expired.

Wonder if Watch_dogs will get PlayFired?

Dr Dogg

Well KiD's a short game, so you can beat it in a day or two then move on Dog Watch.

Yeah I kind of put it down on PS3 near the end due to the frame rate and tearing giving me a headache. Nightmare mode sound a lot more compelling though as those QTE finishers where getting a bit tiring. Watch Doggies will be make or break I got the feeling but I'm "believing" real hard that it's going to be awesome.

Haha amazing. Assassin's Creed always has unintentionally memorable glitches. Let me share this one I encountered when I played AC3 on the 360:

Hahahaha That's awesome. If he was there all ghostly would have been a bit too freaky. Open world games have the best glitches.

Playfire now dictatces what I play.

I've actually had a blast with Fez, Portal 2 and Dark Souls II so I see no problem.

Understandable as they are all lauded (even FEZ) and I've had fun with 2 of them, 3 soon! It's when people start buying games for PlayFire rewards regardless of quality. But hey 'free moniezzz'.

Kiru

I know there is a specific thread for this, but where the hell can I submit tickets to playfire support ?

NVM got it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 may be on its way back:

Added Unknown Depot 11482 to the package 12 minutes ago

It's just the English language data set, but the assumption that this wasn't possible until the distribution rights had changed hands isn't out of the question. As far as SteamDB's crawler is concerned, it's the first non-nondescript update the sub has seen at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just spent like an hour on the same dark souls boss until i finally killed the fucking thing

despair defeated, joy achieved

Copons

Just sold a Prototype foil card from Retro/Grade I had on the marked since forever at 3.05€ and I'm like completely touched by such generosity. Today is a sunny day for Retro/Grade devs, for Gaben and for my sudden riches.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Heard that this game kicks ass so I picked up an extra copy to give away from the Nuuvem sale. Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Steamworld Dig -- MB-188775F15107ACFF - Taken by Pakkidis. 36 entrants total.

t1398705551z1.png

Grief.exe

Seriously? Is $2 of store credit per game really worth the loss of free will?

If they are great games that I haven't played before, why not?

As I said I really enjoyed my time with Portal 2, Fez, and Dark Souls II, even disconnected from the monetary incentive.

I already have. They said I just have to wait.

You should just wait, stay patient.

It takes about 24 hours for achievements to register on your profile, more for the transfer to GMG.

Heard that this game kicks ass so I picked up an extra copy to give away from the Nuuvem sale. Enjoy

Steamworld Dig is excellent.

I received a 2-pack of the game Gun Monkeys from JaseC last week so here is a copy for anyone interested!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-CD16D64357405924 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.

t1398695831z1.png

I have these still unclaimed if someone wants them.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-E8154B84F09EC5FE - Taken by tjohn86
Aerena -- MB-C92A1FAF76AB297E - Taken by pupo

New IndieGala Monday Bundle is up
https://www.indiegala.com/

Pay more than $1 for
Pay more than $3.89 for

The Cat lady is a very good dark point and click game; the puzzles are not very challenging but the storytelling, the humour, the music, the art and the voice acting are top notch, it's well worth the price of the bundle.

inm8num2

The Cat lady is a very good dark point and click game; the puzzles are not very challenging but the storytelling, the humour, the music, the art and the voice acting are top notch, it's well worth the price of the bundle.

Yea, it's one of the best adventures of the past few years. Amazing storytelling.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Seriously? Is $2 of store credit per game really worth the loss of free will?

It's a good excuse to play games you have been putting off or wouldn't normally play. In my case I only got a couple of rewards for Fez, but I wouldn't have tried it otherwise and I ended up loving my experience with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom