• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Half-Minute Hero 2 now has a store page. The April 4th release date wasn't a joke after all. ;)

no cards? aww, wanted half minute hero badge :\

Also they announced it sorta late, if release was so near, OTOH may be announcement momentum lasts till sale when so close.

Thanks to Arthea for Natural Freebies aka Bionic Dues aka Biggie Dues aka Notorious D.U.E.

If a giveaway expires with unclaimed keys, is it okay to take more? I would like Arcane worlds if noone else wants it.

It's OK, try it, I haven't imposed any restrictions of this sort on that giveaway

Volotaire

London, Covent Garden:

tJusSQ0.jpg

When I'm back at uni, I'll be heading to the shop since Covent Garden is a few minutes walk from campus. Looks cool.

Woah. I need to go to England one day!
Too bad it's called the Tintin shop, it suprises and even kinda scares me everytime I see his English name. He'll alway's stay Kuifje to me, sounds much better then Tintin. The boy's no war dog.
"Tintin" is much easier to pronounce :p

Hasney

Holy crap! The game really does have Oculus Rift support?!
Still skeptical

It wouldn't be hard, just add a little head tracking in!

Also, I'm throwing the money but nothing is happening. TAKE IT! TAKE IT ALL!

Copons

Woah. I need to go to England one day!
Too bad it's called the Tintin shop, it suprises and even kinda scares me everytime I see his English name. He'll alway's stay Kuifje to me, sounds much better then Tintin. The boy's no war dog.

Wait what? :O

My mind is currently blowing hard and I need to know more about it.

Is Kuifje his real/original name or Dutch people suddenly decided to give him a harder to pronounce name than the rest of the world just to screw up with everybody else?
But both possibilities fail somehow...

The first: George Remi is Belgian so I'd assume his creation would have the same name in both Dutch and French, but in French he's called Tintin (and I guess it's kind of his official name? in Italy we even say it with a French accent, like "ten ten"). So WTF?

The second: Dutchmen (them and basically only them and the Germans in the entire world) decided to adapt his name randomly just because they hate French language? I can relate to that, but still!

radMonkey

I just added the Goat Simulator 2014 Playfire Rewards to the backend, so they should be coming through now. I've also backdated them so that if you pre-ordered directly from Coffee Stain and got your key early you still get GMG credit.

As soon as they fix the broken achievements I'll add those too.

didamangi

I just added the Goat Simulator 2014 Playfire Rewards to the backend, so they should be coming through now. I've also backdated them so that if you pre-ordered directly from Coffee Stain and got your key early you still get GMG credit.

Hey radMonkey, is there any way to claim rewards for achievements that you get before the timer runs out but shows up too late on playfire to get the rewards?

Deques

Hey radMonkey, is there any way to claim rewards for achievements that you get before the timer runs out but shows up too late on playfire to get the rewards?

I'd like to know that as well.

And also do we get rewards too if we unlocked the achievements before you added those rewards? I have unlocked many achievements but those I haven't received any rewards. I have more or less given up those...

radMonkey

Submit a ticket to CS and if they concur that you missed out due to us tracking the data late they'll credit your account. They've had a backlog of tickets recently, so apologies if they can't get back to you as quickly as you'd like.

radMonkey

I'd like to know that as well.

And also do we get rewards too if we unlocked the achievements before you added those rewards? I have unlocked many achievements but those I haven't received any rewards. I have more or less given up those...

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. Basically that's what I've just done. Adding rewards to our systems takes a lot of time. As Goat Sim was a 6PM UK release I was going to do them at home, but our exchange broke last night so I had no internet and I added them to the system this morning. When I add them I pick a start and end date. As I set the start date to be from when the game was first handed out by Coffee Stain, the system will check if there's any achievements earned in the last few days as well as going forward.

So yeah, because I literally have only added them in the last 10 minutes, you'll still need to wait 1-3 hours to see them, then 12-24 hours for them to be deposited to your GMG account. Hope that makes sense?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm not really sure how all that Playfire rewards stuff works. I'm sure I signed up (I've linked my account on Playfire to Steam), I have eligible achievements, but I don't have any credit. Shame as I have a bunch of South Park achievements that I'm sure would have got me something. Still shows no credit.

Edit: The rewards beta page shows £1.90 of credit, so I guess it's just not been applied to my GMG account?

"Tintin" is much easier to pronounce :p

For you perhaps. :D

But yeah, Kuifje only really works in Dutch. Imagine if they'd translated it to Cresty.

Wait what? :O

My mind is currently blowing hard and I need to know more about it.

Is Kuifje his real/original name or Dutch people suddenly decided to give him a harder to pronounce name than the rest of the world just to screw up with everybody else?
But both possibilities fail somehow...

The first: George Remi is Belgian so I'd assume his creation would have the same name in both Dutch and French, but in French he's called Tintin (and I guess it's kind of his official name? in Italy we even say it with a French accent, like "ten ten"). So WTF?

The second: Dutchmen (them and basically only them and the Germans in the entire world) decided to adapt his name randomly just because they hate French language? I can relate to that, but still!

His original name is Tintin, since Hergé was French-speaking. I think he came up with 'Kuifje', too, but I'm not sure. It's what's used in Dutch-speaking territories anyway. For us it's not hard to pronounce, the 'ui' is a common sound here.

Deques

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. Basically that's what I've just done. Adding rewards to our systems takes a lot of time. As Goat Sim was a 6PM UK release I was going to do them at home, but our exchange broke last night so I had no internet and I added them to the system this morning. When I add them I pick a start and end date. As I set the start date to be from when the game was first handed out by Coffee Stain, the system will check if there's any achievements earned in the last few days as well as going forward.

So yeah, because I literally have only added them in the last 10 minutes, you'll still need to wait 1-3 hours to see them, then 12-24 hours for them to be deposited to your GMG account. Hope that makes sense?

The problem is not for Goat Simulator. For example I have unlocked a few Deus Ex HR achievements. But it was before you added those rewards. I haven't received those rewards yet. There are a lot more games that I haven't received yet

radMonkey

I'm not really sure how all that Playfire rewards stuff works. I'm sure I signed up (I've linked my account on Playfire to Steam), I have eligible achievements, but I don't have any credit. Shame as I have a bunch of South Park achievements that I'm sure would have got me something. Still shows no credit.

You don't get rewards retroactively. As you've only just signed up to Playfire you won't have got the South Park rewards that we did around release as the promotion for those has ended. The only achievements that are currently in the rewards are First Day in South Park, Make it Rain!, and Gingivitis. Don't forget to wait 24 hours, it's not instant. More details can be found here: https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41862466-What-should-I-do-if-I-haven-t-got-my-Playfire-Rewards-

Edit: The rewards beta page shows £1.90 of credit, so I guess it's just not been applied to my GMG account?

It'll have a tick next to the reward if it's been deposited in your GMG account. If it hasn't, make sure you've logged into your GMG account recently - a small niggling issue with the beta at the moment.

The problem is not for Goat Simulator. For example I have unlocked a few Deus Ex HR achievements. But it was before you added those rewards. I haven't received those rewards yet. There are a lot more games that I haven't received yet

We don't offer rewards retro actively, which is why we think it's important to also focus on new releases. So you need to have unlocked the achievements for Deus Ex between 13/03/2014 00:00:00 and 19/03/2014 23:59:59. If that's correct then please contact CS so they can investigate. I'll take a look at the FAQ and see if it addresses this clearly, make amendments if necessary.

Copons

For you perhaps. :D

But yeah, Kuifje only really works in Dutch. Imagine if they'd translated it to Cresty.

His original name is Tintin, since Hergé was French-speaking. I think he came up with 'Kuifje', too, but I'm not sure. It's what's used in Dutch-speaking territories anyway. For us it's not hard to pronounce, the 'ui' is a common sound here.

So it is you, it has been you all along!

Tonight I'll sleep fine. :)

Salsa

It seems the playfire thing is a pretty hands-on manual thing (at least in the beta) so I wouldnt drown them with tickets unless the 'reward' time is about to end

Phinor

With Playfire rewards (finally working!) and Steam cards, I seem to be spending more and more time launching and playing games I didn't plan to. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a backlog of games I do want to play.

Or maybe I could try to be smart and only play the games that I want to play AND that have rewards. But being smart implies that any of this makes sense so that wouldn't make any sense.

Deques

We don't offer rewards retro actively, which is why we think it's important to also focus on new releases. So you need to have unlocked the achievements for Deus Ex between 13/03/2014 00:00:00 and 19/03/2014 23:59:59. If that's correct then please contact CS so they can investigate. I'll take a look at the FAQ and see if it addresses this clearly, make amendments if necessary.

Thanks for the answer :)

Does anyone want any of these coupons?

25% off Octodad
75% off Flotilla
75% off Skulls of the Shogun

They're only valid for a few days but they can be combined with other discounts, if they should happen.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Thanks for the explainations! I actually did unlock those South Park achievements while the promotion was active, so they're the ones that are showing up in my list of unlocked rewards, I hadn't logged into GMG recently though so that might be why I hadn't had the credit applied. Will have to keep checking what's on offer.

Phinor

Yesterday I did many achievements, but they don't show on my account, I just sent a ticket.

Do they show up on your profile? Top right corner and click profile. For me it takes up to 12 hours to show up on my profile feed, and then another 12-24 hours before they show up on rewards, and then another x hours for the rewards to activate and transfer.

oipic

MtbP7lL.png

I know I'm about 12 hours LTTP, but great, great job with the new thread, Mr Orange - top-notch OP, as always, and the continued evolution of these threads is very safe in your hands. Your inclusive brand of leadership is an asset to SteamGAF, Sir.

Stump's initiative in encouraging some change was very considered and thoughtful, too, and as always, handled with real class.

I can't see any of the SteamGAF spirit being lost by going monthly. If anything, having time and context-sensitive (and collaboratively generated) content at the beginning of each month is only going to further enhance the feeling that each Steam thread is like a little time capsule, that captures its moment and time in PC gaming. Please auto-subscribe me to all of them, forever.

Tizoc

Reposting for new page.
ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-1F1D6D47FB6D8F76
Magical Diary -- MB-81D5DCA626138264
NEO Scavenger -- MB-97FD4FEABB4B0EED - Taken by 73V3N

t1396461958z1.png

Acccent

oh, new thread format! I wasn't aware this was decided. Cool :)
As feedback for the OP, is it deliberate that the GAF-related links from the previous OP are missing? Stuff like the specific family sharing thread, or the modbot instructions, etc. - is it all supposed to be covered by the 'PC Threads' icon? (In which case, I think that icon needs to be bigger, like the size of the banner - after all this thread is but a child of the big PC Threads family.)

Also, I echo the sentiments expressed in page 1 regarding the title, I've always thought (and said) the title was unnecessarily long and convoluted. Steam |OT| or Steam Thread would be perfect imo (along with the current month obviously).

Arthea btw I read the meaning of all the puns you found for the game names in your giveaway and some were quite funny :p (like Robots for Not The Robots)

Phinor

Nope, and it' strange, because I did also some achievements for Dust and the shown, but the ones related to rewards didn't. Just a question: Playfire store my Steam password on their server?

Definitely not, they don't have access to your Steam password at all. Your Steam&Playfire accounts are simply linked and they read your public Steam profile data as far as I know. The linking process just confirms that you are in fact linking to an account you have access to, so that you can't just use anyone's Steam profile.

Divius

Hate getting all excited for a new item in my inventory only to find out it's a coupon for some game >.<

That said; if anyone wants 30% off Explodemon and/or 75% off Flotilla, let me know. (I'm assuming everyone got these though)

Hasney

It seems the playfire thing is a pretty hands-on manual thing (at least in the beta) so I wouldnt drown them with tickets unless the 'reward' time is about to end

Nothing gets added to mine without a ticket and I have to get screenshots of 3 things everytime. I just gave up on it.

Pachimari

I'm no fan of monthly threads as I have to subscribe every time but I'll get used to it - no big deal.

What are the improvements in Dead Island: Riptide over the original?

Arthea

I'm no fan of monthly threads as I have to subscribe every time but I'll get used to it - no big deal.

One of the main reasons we have monthly threads now, because they already were monthly in all but name, so, you won't be subscribing more than you did before.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-A6A93EF0AA4E9EFA - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.
Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-E2C35074B31066C4 - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.

t1396432125z1.png

Arthea

There are still some games to be had here

unclaimed are:
Plain nothingness - Arcane Worlds
lack of data burst slow backwards - Data Jammers: FastForward
Stars defending - Planets Under Attack
Levitating Critters - Gravity Badgers

others are claimed judging by receipts, even if it doesn't show.

Thanks Arthea for athens: local truce, aka rome total war. Was pretty sure it was civ 4 or something though

I thought this one was painfully obvious! lol

Thanks for that.

You're welcome, enjoy!

derExperte

Dead Space Steam and Burnout Paradise Origin still available: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106593038&postcount=171

Did you enjoy the last half of Dead Island? I didn't and Riptide is like that, just more of the same without any improvements. Mind you, I still completed the game on the free weekend a while ago but more out of boredom.

Holy crap! The game really does have Oculus Rift support?!
Still skeptical

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106613315#post106613315

The Oculus Rift support is NOT a joke.

And I finally signed up with Playfire, hoping to get the Goat Sim rewards.

Arthea

Did you enjoy the last half of Dead Island? I didn't and Riptide is like that, just more of the same without any improvements. Mind you, I still completed the game on the free weekend a while ago but more out of boredom.

Does it mean you enjoyed the beginning of Dead Island? I thought it was very boring and dull, dropped after two hours or so, maybe more, too lazy to check

Tellaerin

Nothing gets added to mine without a ticket and I have to get screenshots of 3 things everytime. I just gave up on it.

Is your Steam profile visible? I noticed that it stopped tracking my activity when I set my account to Friends Only, and started tracking again when I switched it back to Public. I think your account may need to be set to Public in order for Playfire to "read" it.

derExperte

Does it mean you enjoyed the beginning of Dead Island? I thought it was very boring and dull, dropped after two hours or so, maybe more, too lazy to check

I liked the bright holiday setting at the beginning, running around in the nice looking resort with its pools and huts, helping tourists, hitting zombies with paddles (analog fighting controls really are more fun) and doing some missions in coop. But then the game gets blander and blander and darker and the new zombies add nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow burial at sea part 2 is actually really good so far

i don't remember much about part 1 but i really like the light stealth gameplay and playing as elizabeth is i dunno, just really cool

i kinda wish all of bio infinite was like this now

Arthea

I liked the bright holiday setting at the beginning, running around in the nice looking resort with its pools and huts, helping tourists, hitting zombies with paddles (analog fighting controls really are more fun) and doing some missions in coop. But then the game gets blander and blander and darker and the new zombies add nothing.

I remember I didn't like controls at all, felt so sluggish. I lately find really hard to enjoy a game if controls are not to my liking, I must be getting old and grumpy or something (><)
It's good to know I didn't miss anything awesome by dropping it, though, thanks for that!

Yes, you see everything the game has to offer in the first few hours. And the controls are strange but work okay (played with gamepad after many said it's better that way).

Ya, I should have tried a gamepad

derExperte

I remember I didn't like controls at all, felt so sluggish. I lately find really hard to enjoy a game if controls are not to my liking, I must be getting old and grumpy or something (><)
It's good to know I didn't miss anything awesome by dropping it, though, thanks for that!

Yes, you see everything the game has to offer in the first few hours. And the controls are strange but work okay (played with gamepad after many said it's better that way).

zkylon

zkylewd
also i think playing it makes it all the more sad ken levine and co. aren't making any more bioshock games

it's not that they couldn't do something good as indies or whatever, but they're the only ones imagining these kinds of places and for some random reason publishers are actually giving them lots of money to put them in a game, so it's sad we're not gonna be able to walk in first person in one of ken levine's dystopias ever again

i do think if he ends up putting some system shock-esque thing on kickstarter it might be for the better, but i dunno how plausible an indie system shock is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom