• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

I remember playing the alpha/beta of Broforce (is it still available? If so, a LOT of content for free if anyone is even remotely on the fence.)

The only thing I'm unsure about is if it takes off if they'll get removed for all the licenses.

It's a great game either way.

Tellaerin

I remember playing the alpha/beta of Broforce (is it still available? If so, a LOT of content for free if anyone is even remotely on the fence.)

The only thing I'm unsure about is if it takes off if they'll get removed for all the licenses.

It's a great game either way.

It counts as parody, no?

Tizoc

What do you mean?

Bleah sorry let me try this again:
The game doesn't play like traditional AC fare so don't go in expecting that.
The game DOES however have a control setup that would make controling the plane resemble the previous AC games. So try playing the game with that setup and see if you end up liking it more.
I myself played with the default setup and enjoyed what i played of it, but regular AC fans didn't like it much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there is no chance its banner saga...

...please be banner saga

r3n4ud

The mystery game has never been in a bundle before. So it is possible.

xsZcI4n.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this hype for The Banner Saga being in Groupees will not end well I'm afraid.

Like when they drew the Castle Crashers character that turned out to be Last Knight when it was on Greenlight.

How come Watch Dogs is $49.99 on GMG but $59.99 on Steam? Both for the standard edition and I don't see any sort of promotion notification on the GMG page. Even Enhanced Steam seems to pick up the GMG price at $59.99.

Is anyone else seeing this?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How come Watch Dogs is $49.99 on GMG but $59.99 on Steam? Both for the standard edition and I don't see any sort of promotion notification on the GMG page. Even Enhanced Steam seems to pick up the GMG price at $59.99.

That's because of the coupon code. You enter that at checkout.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

GMG sells Uplay codes. It's a trap!

r3n4ud

Hahaha, hotlinking failure. :)

What'd you think of Nihilumbra?

Had no idea what hotlinking was until google helped me :/. Sorry for that. Learn something new everyday...

----

Quite enjoyed proving to the narrator that I am indeed not a piece of shit :p. Besides that, not a bad game. Enjoyed the puzzles and all the colors. Didn't bother continuing with the Void levels, since they kicked my ass at the beginning.

Tellaerin

A woman in a red dress playing a harp.

I'm not seeing the woman in a red dress. : / Right now I see what looks like some sort of blue and white mermaid/shark (with Groucho Marx eyebrows) holding a giant red nacho, and using it to play a harp. At the bottom of the ocean.

Yeah, I'm completely lost here.

maty

Happy birthday Zkylon, not the best weather to go out today in Buenos Aires but you can always play some games or stare at your steam library, turn off your pc and go watch a movie :p

Meanwhile, I completed another game, #57

Super Sanctum TD

Started playing for the Playfire Rewards and decided to go all the way.

Super Sanctum TD is a simple Tower Defense game, so if you don't like the genre it won't change your mind. On normal it is quite easy but on hard some stages are a bit of a challenge. Besides the difficulty settings, there are 2 playmodes, one which consists of 10 waves of enemies until you beat the boss in the last wave, and survival mode, which like the name says you have to try and stay alive as long as you can. This mode has leaderboards so you can compete with friends and see who lasted longer. But I didn't find it particularly fun.

There are a few achievements that which I hated, Liberator (killing 10000 walkers) and Golden Idol (kill a golden walker), specially the latter which only spawns randomly every 3-5k kills.

The_Monk

^ Well done! I played a bit of Sanctum TD today and I loved it bornlivedie but I do a lot of trial and error with this one. I was stuck at the final Compound level just to give you an idea. Now I'm at a level where there are two separate starting points where enemies come. Need to try some different strategies. Already put 5 hours in this game.

On a side note, and this might be silly but the top view along with the colours scheme from this game reminds me of Theme Hospital.

HoosTrax

Many, if not all of the maps in Sanctum TD are identical in layout to ones in Sanctum FPS; made me wish you could just use the isometric interface to set you traps, then play in FPS mode.

maty

^ Well done! I played a bit of Sanctum TD today and I loved it bornlivedie but I do a lot of trial and error with this one. I was stuck at the final Compound level just to give you an idea. Now I'm at a level where there are two separate starting points where enemies come. Need to try some different strategies. Already put 5 hours in this game.

On a side note, and this might be silly but the top view along with the colours scheme from this game reminds me of Theme Hospital.

You are probably at Bridge or Arc level, which also have those flying bastards :/. When dealing with several starting points try to make enemies converge in a single path and then create a maze to delay them.

Many, if not all of the maps in Sanctum TD are identical in layout to ones in Sanctum FPS; made me wish you could just use the isometric interface to set you traps, then play in FPS mode.

Only played Sanctum on my brother's account for the achievement hunt event in 2011/2 but I agree that would be a great idea

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Edit: What are the odds that Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC will see a steep discount (-75%) during the Summer Sale?

I've waited so long... :(

Should have used a wif.

Didn't GMG have a Bethesda sale last week? You could have picked it up for dirt cheap (even for free if you're using the rewards beta).

Quick question folks: I'm putting together a fairly big Modbot giveaway, and have multiple keys for a few games. Should I manually add a number to the end of the game's title (Bad Rats, Bad Rats 2, etc), or will Modbot do that automatically?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Quick question folks: I'm putting together a fairly big Modbot giveaway, and have multiple keys for a few games. Should I manually add a number to the end of the game's title (Bad Rats, Bad Rats 2, etc), or will Modbot do that automatically?

Will do it automatically if a few titles in que have the exact same title. Just make sure you list them as the same title.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Since that leak from earlier this year is definitely legitimate (with things like Battleblock Theater, PacMan Museum, Half-Minute Hero 2, and others out), I am very curious when they're going to show off Killing Floor 2, and what it would be like.

They said they'd make Killing Floor 2 when either the playerbase of KF1 was finished or they had ideas that would make a completely new game as opposed to something that would just be an expansion. Killing Floor is still one of the most played games on Steam, so they likely then had some ideas that would warrant a completely new game, which has me curious.

RAFFLES!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
It rubs the lotion on its skin

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

They Bleed Pixels -- MB-C3B59CE2F3913012

t1396927056z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom