• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: What are the odds that Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC will see a steep discount (-75%) during the Summer Sale?

I've waited so long... :(

Do they tend to repeat on sales? I only ask because it was for sale during the Winter sale when Skyrim was 75% off and that was actually my first big sale so i wouldn't know if they offer the same stuff on the big sales.

I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't done something this week for the release of ESO.

Do they tend to repeat on sales? I only ask because it was for sale during the Winter sale when Skyrim was 75% off and that was actually my first big sale so i wouldn't know if they offer the same stuff on the big sales.

I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't done something this week for the release of ESO.

DLC wasn't. It was cheaper to by the legendary edition for $20 than it was to buy the DLC alone if you already owned the main game.

Turfster

Well if you want to be pedantic about it, "Humble Weekly Sale" technically does not have the word "bundle" in it.
A humble weekly sale isn't a bundle.
It's a publisher sale on a storefront... that most people forget exists ;)

Never mind, it was also in that Daedalic bundle.

I think discounting Skyrim would hurt Skyrim Online. :/

Skyrim and its DLC have been on sale during every big sale I can think of. The lowest I recall Dragonborn going was 50% off, but then Skyrim Legendary Edition released and screwed up the sale prices something fierce. Since Skyrim LE, they seem resistant to discount it below 50% off for some reason.

Remember, Bethesda: you can't spare my wallet forever.

Backlogger

Good call, I'm pretty sure you're right. Funny thing is, I actually played through it twice, and I still didn't pick up on what the picture was until you mentioned it.

Spoilerish image of what the MS Paint drawing is supposed to depict.

It fits all the other clues too. Its Steamplay, has cards, and has been on Steam for more than 1 year (clues were supposedly provided in the Groupees chat channel).

Edit: Except they claim the mystery game has never been in a bundle, according to this it has been: http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/394/

Edit 2: B10

StAidan

Short raffle! In space, no one can hear you bro.

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broforce -- MB-B28F01BFABFA853E - Taken by The Dear Leader. 28 entrants total.

t1396920664z1.png

How come Watch Dogs is $49.99 on GMG but $59.99 on Steam? Both for the standard edition and I don't see any sort of promotion notification on the GMG page. Even Enhanced Steam seems to pick up the GMG price at $59.99.

Is anyone else seeing this?
I think the version on GMG uses Uplay, that and the coupon.

MUnited83

For you.
It fits all the other clues too. Its Steamplay, has cards, and has been on Steam for more than 1 year (clues were supposedly provided in the Groupees chat channel).

Edit: Except they claim the mystery game has never been in a bundle, according to this it has been: http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/394/

Edit 2: B10

They said the game wasn't been bundled before though. It was on the Humble Weekly Daedalic. I mean, they don't exactly call it a "Bundle", but it is one,regardless.

Aaron D.

So I put an hour or so into Rescue - Everyday Heroes and it...kind of kicks ass?

I'm pretty surprised to be honest. I thought it looked novel but I wasn't expecting much. Yet I've discovered a Fire/EMS game that plays like The Sims with light management/rpg elements.

Presentation is on the upper scale for the genre. Graphics look great, as do the animations. I smiled when I held the held down the mouse wheel and the camera rotated around just like The Sims (I thought the game had a locked-isometric view for some reason). Menu/UI/tutorial cards are smart too.

Game systems are pretty detailed. You hire staff and buy equipment for your firehouse. Employees have skill traits, both technical and personality. You buy/upgrade fire trucks, ambulances, hoses, etc. as well as aesthetic stuff like mess hall, weight room, rec room, etc. You rotate/place the objects like in The Sims and everything you invest in and order your employees to focus on directly affects their skill level and moral.

Outside of Management mode you're off to Dispatch once you get a mission where you put together the vehicle/staff combo you want to take out to the emergency site. Once you launch the mission you take full control of the vehicles & staff. Firing up the sirens and selecting a parking location (hopefully next to a hydrant!). You're not just clicking on the fire to put it out...you have to connect various hose types, navigate your guys around the map, load up stretchers and more. Left-click to select character and right-click vehicles and equipment to get option boxes. It's a lot of detail-oriented fun.

I understand that they fixed the problematic A.I. pathfinding and made the Mission Timer toggle-able, defaulted to Off if that's any indication how people felt about it.

Anyway, REH isn't GOTY or anything, but turns out it's a lot more substantial, polished, and fun than I expected. I love being pleasantly surprised.

zkylon

zkylewd
well in my defense i've wanted to be a surgeon for the longest time (along with many other things) so i really like hospitals and clinics and blood and iv lines and urine samples and doctors and all that stuff.

and i really like watching the blood turn dark when they put it in that little vial and of course chatting up the girls that take my blood since they're pretty cool

too bad i had mono and so i can't donate blood or i'd do it often

Man, that's like saying you enjoy eating cheese or watching Titanic. Just.. why would you do that to yourself?
i'm late for this but what the hell are you talking about

everyone loves cheese

what the fuck

Sometime early this week, no set day released.
Rumour was 'early this week' so could be today/tomorrow.

Happy Birthday by the way :)
ah ok i was kind of super hyped for today but it's alrite

and thanks :)!

Ilive1up

i know there will be a lot of answers for this but i just built myself a gaming PC (gtx 770) and there's just so many games on steam to pick out.

i have a lot of games from the humble bundles, but i want something that will give my graphics card a kick. what do you guts recommend?

as of recent i've only been playing diablo 3 and while that looks nice and is a fun game, i want something more.

bender

What time is it?
Anything from FTL or Hotline Miami.

Good choices. I also like Kerbal Space Program backgrounds.

i know there will be a lot of answers for this but i just built myself a gaming PC (gtx 770) and there's just so many games on steam to pick out.

i have a lot of games from the humble bundles, but i want something that will give my graphics card a kick. what do you guts recommend?

as of recent i've only been playing diablo 3 and while that looks nice and is a fun game, i want something more.

Not sure if you'd entertain another RPG but how about The Witcher 2?

derExperte

Guys, what the best looking profile background picture in your opinion?

All from Monaco. And I used this one for a while until I noticed the recently paid price: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/237760-Intake Icons

Or http://media.steampowered.com/steam.../3b3db5a02ef42691ce2392b553d3249168cbab12.png from MirrorMoon EP. http://media.steampowered.com/steam.../bef4a67be92d46c487bcfbb89f7fd6b8cfbc6807.jpg (Guacamelee!), the Eversion and Bad Hotel ones, http://media.steampowered.com/steam.../778e0b80755bdb9094fcc95c644183f1da7155a1.png (Don't Starve).

Metro Last Light. Looks more nextgen than most nextgen games.

Grief.exe

Guys, what the best looking profile background picture in your opinion?

There are so many good ones, even from obscure games that you have never heard of.

I just go through various games every once in a while and check them out. Use the preview portion of Steam Card Exchange and you can see how they look on a profile.

http://steamcardexchange.net/index.php?backgroundviewer-459

Couple of my favorites

System Shock 2
1280x800

Alan Wake
1280x800

Banner Saga (this is the one I am currently using)
1280x800

AoW III
1280x800

Deadly Premonition
1280x800

im curious about this 'who's gaming now' group. they do "promotion" for games on greenlight, and they get, what in return? does anyone have a guess what the incentive for the group is?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
im curious about this 'who's gaming now' group. they do "promotion" for games on greenlight, and they get, what in return? does anyone have a guess what the incentive for the group is?

I don't know for certain, but my guess would be to get games greenlit and bring attention to games to get on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom