• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Finished ep 2 of the Erica Reed Thriller. It's alright so far, considering its budget and all that.

Now waiting for eps 3 and 4 to be on sale somewhere I guess.
I enjoyed it a lot and PnCs with 3D models for the characters usually don't do it for me like the old pixel art styles of Blackwell, etc. I do wish the devs would do another polishing pass on the game to sort out the numerous visual glitches present across the game but those aside its a great game overall. The cutscene art is especially decent.

Broforce looks so damned amazing, I'm not generally one that buys Early Access games but between this and Divinity Original Sin, I'm having a tough time holding off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274190/
Broforce is the rare Early Access game that feels like a fleshed out game that gets nice content updates than a skeleton of game missing crucial features and mechanics. Others in that category would be Prison Architect and Door Kickers

DocSeuss

Superiority of Steam confirmed?

It just decided to update a bunch of console stuff. Haven't touched my PS3 in six months, much to my amusement.

The oddest thing is that Bulletstorm, which I beat on Steam last weekend, is counted as a 360 title. Guessing it can't differentiate between GFWL and XBL.

Broforce looks so damned amazing, I'm not generally one that buys Early Access games but between this and Divinity Original Sin, I'm having a tough time holding off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274190/

Solid Gaffer write-up here. If you're worried about it being an alpha of a beta, apparently it's pretty much a full game, with updates more in line with additional content support.

I have a few $$$ Dota cosmetics to sell, but I'm on a Marektplace freeze for a week after a credit card number change. Them Target scammers!

Finished ep 2 of the Erica Reed Thriller. It's alright so far, considering its budget and all that.

Now waiting for eps 3 and 4 to be on sale somewhere I guess.

How long are the first 2 episodes? I was considering playing them for the Playfire rewards but I'm currently powering through Arkham City so I'm not sure if I can manage in the next couple of days.

You guys aren't making this any easier with the solid out pouring of Broforce love. Door Kickers is another game on my wishlist too, I tried out Door Kickers-lite, the demo version of the game, and had a blast.

I'll begin to play that Ace Combat game.

Is it any good? I haven't played an Ace Combat since Zero (which I love, but mostly for the music).

IGpxIa9.png

Hmmm... someone watch it and post the good bits in here. I'm really not a fan of Giantbomb or their Quick Looks, so I'm counting on you guys.

I have a foil for toki tori 2.

Aint nobody gonna buy a foil for toki tori 2.

You won't make a mint, but I'm sure you can sell it. :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Title updated/shortened.
I thought we were getting the new titles for the next one :(

I think the kinks have worked out so far for the most part and just a few minor tweaks for May:

- Hall of Shame will come back under Misc*
- Neogaf Steam Group will be merged into FAQ
- Previous thread under Misc*
- Gaben info under Misc*
- Thread icons might come back.

Thread pace is a bit slower than usual but it's a bit quieter around these months anyway.
I wouldn't say it's lower, given that we are on page 40+ already.

Um holy shit I made like 2.50$ off 4 Batman Blackgate cards. One was worth 90 cents!
"Current Lowest Price for Deadshot: $1.39 USD"
Man, this game keeps on giving!

Playing Arkham City, just got an x89 combo, my best ever, went to screenshot it but captured the moment AFTER it disappeared.

FTqexhj.gif

There's a lesson here but i can't work out what it is.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Playing Arkham City, just got an x89 combo, my best ever, went to screenshot it but captured the moment AFTER it disappeared.

FTqexhj.gif

If i'm playing a game with fast-paced elements that are hard to capture with the default screenshot key, I'll often reassign one of my mouse buttons to screenshot while I play it so there's little delay.

If i'm playing a game with fast-paced elements that are hard to capture with the default screenshot key, I'll often reassign one of my mouse buttons to screenshot while I play it so there's little delay.

Where were you 10 minutes ago?! Just kidding, but that's seriously a great idea, thanks for the tip!

I'll never, ever get to x89 again, i know it.

FTqexhj.gif

If you have an nVidia GPU that's capable of using Shadowplay, then the lesson here is to always have Shadowplay on because it records the last 20m of footage you could just save the video file and then screenshot the combo when it was at it's peak(or make a video out of it to show of your skillz)
Seriously, ShadowPlay is amazing, if it put microphone audio on a different audio track instead of merging the audio streams I would literally never use another recording program, because everything else is so fantastic.

natertots

I know this was being discussed earlier, but has anyone looked at the groupees mystery game art recently? Its updated again and I'm wondering if I should buy or hold off.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I know this was being discussed earlier, but has anyone looked at the groupees mystery game art recently? Its updated again and I'm wondering if I should buy or hold off.

Hold for a bit longer. We still have no idea what it is.

coughcoughlookatthechatcoughcough.

Copons

Bleh. I would've preferred Super Meat Boy, honestly. Fez has really nice presentation (especially that soundtrack), but the actual game never clicked with me for some reason.

It's normal. Fez is objectively one of the most purposely convoluted and annoying game ever.

I always thought most of the people who loved it, did it for the wrong reasons (hipsterism?), but I rarely say so because it's a matter of a second to be blamed of being hipster myself. :D

Also the 4 "Phil Fish swimming" cards in a row that dropped from Indie Game The Movie still haunt my sleep every night. :'(

Mystery5.png

Totally Banner Saga.

-MD-

It's normal. Fez is objectively one of the most purposely convoluted and annoying game ever.

I always thought most of the people who loved it, did it for the wrong reasons (hipsterism?), but I rarely say so because it's a matter of a second to be blamed of being hipster myself. :D

Also the 4 "Phil Fish swimming" cards in a row that dropped from Indie Game The Movie still haunt my sleep every night. :'(

Mystery5.png

Totally Banner Saga.

Banner saga was actually the first game that came to mind when I saw it, is that even a possibility?

I'd buy this shit so fast if it is Banner Saga.

Copons

If you have an nVidia GPU that's capable of using Shadowplay, then the lesson here is to always have Shadowplay on because it records the last 20m of footage you could just save the video file and then screenshot the combo when it was at it's peak(or make a video out of it to show of your skillz)
Seriously, ShadowPlay is amazing, if it put microphone audio on a different audio track instead of merging the audio streams I would literally never use another recording program, because everything else is so fantastic.

I was thinking of using ShadowPlay myself but I kind of don't get how it works: I set it at, say, 10 minutes, and everytime I launch a game it starts recording?
And I guess when it gets to 10 minutes it stops and starts another video. But what happens to the previous one? It saves some "backups" of the previous 10 minutes? How many of them?

It's just that I'm kinda scared of what could happen if I forget it on, grabbing videos after videos at 1920x1200 (that is 3,8GB every 10 minutes at high quality), filling my hard disk in a couple of days. :D

Outside of the newly added bit of red I'm not seeing it. I want to believe though!
Banner saga was actually the first game that came to mind when I saw it, is that even a possibility?

I'd buy this shit so fast if it is Banner Saga.

Ahaha, I don't know. For me it still is a fried chicken strip standing out in the sky with a squirt of tartar sauce on top. Just, now it's wrapped in the Banner Saga flag.

Mystery5.png

Totally Banner Saga.
I enjoyed Fez for its art style, ambiance, and perspective mechanic. I actually didn't know anything about Fish till a few months after playing the game

Salsa

aCyGh8D.jpg

im the best at fraggin noobz noscope

all about Origin

in all seriousness Titanfall on Steam would have been amazing. such is life

Parsnip

I enjoyed it a lot and PnCs with 3D models for the characters usually don't do it for me like the old pixel art styles of Blackwell, etc. I do wish the devs would do another polishing pass on the game to sort out the numerous visual glitches present across the game but those aside its a great game overall. The cutscene art is especially decent.
Yup. Can't count the times Erica has walked through walls, for example. That interrogation room door is especially tricky for her it seems.

How long are the first 2 episodes? I was considering playing them for the Playfire rewards but I'm currently powering through Arkham City so I'm not sure if I can manage in the next couple of days.
Depends how good you are in the games, and whether you use hints if you get stuck. :p I'd check my steam time but it has a ton of card idle time.

If I play with a controller, I take screens with the xbox guide button.

I was thinking of using ShadowPlay myself but I kind of don't get how it works: I set it at, say, 10 minutes, and everytime I launch a game it starts recording?
And I guess when it gets to 10 minutes it stops and starts another video. But what happens to the previous one? It saves some "backups" of the previous 10 minutes? How many of them?

It's just that I'm kinda scared of what could happen if I forget it on, grabbing videos after videos at 1920x1200 (that is 3,8GB every 10 minutes at high quality), filling my hard disk in a couple of days. :D
Just make sure you don't turn off the recording icons then, that way when you're recording it'll have a little icon in one of the corners of your screen and if it's a full green circle, that means you're recording.

And the "shadow" feature is just it records the last 10 minutes of footage and then as soon as it reaches 10 minutes it removes stuff at the start of the video so it can add on to stuff at the end of the video.

Here's a good video that explains some of the basics if you're still not sure about using it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ysCP8k9iI

Copons

I enjoyed Fez for its art style, ambiance, and perspective mechanic. I actually didn't know anything about Fish till a few months after playing the game

Yup: those were its good (great) things. And I remember the first time I rotated perspective, I was "wooooooooah" like, I dunno, the first time I played Super Mario Bros when I was 3 years old.

But then, if someone expects me (or, really, everybody else :D ) to translate made up alphabets from hex to tetrominos to QR codes to Hittite cuneiform writing system to latin, well... my only plausible answer is "fuck you", spelled in HTML entities at request.

Just make sure you don't turn off the recording icons then, that way when you're recording it'll have a little icon in one of the corners of your screen and if it's a full green circle, that means you're recording.

And the "shadow" feature is just it records the last 10 minutes of footage and then as soon as it reaches 10 minutes it removes stuff at the start of the video so it can add on to stuff at the end of the video.

Here's a good video that explains some of the basics if you're still not sure about using it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ysCP8k9iI

The thing about the icon: yup, I already made sure about that. :)

The thing about the removing from top and adding from bottom: IT'S FUCKING MAGIC. O_O
Seriously I didn't know that such things were possible (mostly because I thought video encoding created some kind of blob-files where it isn't possible to get a precise portion of the video). Oh well, the more I know! :)

Nabs

Mystery5.png

Totally Banner Saga.

I'm sorry for doubting tizoc.

Mostly "Amateur games that have to take a retro art style because the people making them can't really do much in the way of art", rather than Retro, but I'll buy in for a few of these games.
Damn, that's harsh

Video for Groupees Retro 3 Bundle which launches next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2IcTPGNMxI&feature=youtu.be
For $1, I highly recommend Another Perspective. It's a great puzzle platformer that gets tricky fast.

Noir Syndrome like just released, almost bought it yesterday. It's a randomly generated noir mystery game.

The LootCastle looks pretty cool. Instead of controlling your forces directly, you manage their skill trees to fight against enemies

Unfortunately i don't but that is definitely going to be a consideration for my next graphics card purchase, thanks!

Tizoc

I'll begin to play that Ace Combat game.

Is it any good? I haven't played an Ace Combat since Zero (which I love, but mostly for the music).

Dont go into Ace Combat AH expecting traditional AC. It's a nice fighter jet game and it does have a mode that allows you to play the gme similar to classic AC games.
Mystery5.png

Totally Banner Saga.

Hehe I called it first :p

banner-saga.jpg

Seems they must've mirrored the image's banner to throw people off.

Even if it isn't the Banner Saga, I got what I wanted from this bundle and helped share the wonder that is Half minute hero =)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

FTqexhj.gif

It has been awhile since I've played Arkham City, but there should be a stats page that should have a record of your highest combo; along with other stats that are more for amusement rather than for tracking a specific game mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom