• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
does anyone else that has the main game+dlc see another discount?

this is all i'm seeing

iE2vOSAqFAizl.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh its 14.99€, not 19.99€. they did NOT use the usual lol$=€fuckeurope bullshit

and I just finished BB too...welp

seems to be 39.99€, 24.99€ if you own DS2, 14.99€ if you own DS2 and the DLC

Parsnip

The upgrade glitch was just fixed.

Yup, upgraded and downloading.

oh its 14.99€, not 19.99. they did NOT use the usual lol$=€fuckeurope bullshit

and I just finished BB too...welp

seems to be 39.99€, 24.99€ if you own DS2, 14.99€ if you own DS2 and the DLC

Would have grabbed it at €19.99, but €14.99 is even tastier.
And I had just enough card money to afford it at that price as well.

It was meant to be.

fantomena

It's a very shitty thing for me. Dark Souls 2 still don't work and Im not sure if Scholar will work. :(

If I can't repair it i just have to buy Scholar on PS4.

rtcn63

I was using Foxit for awhile, and I'd get crashes with larger PDFs. Too paranoid to try a third program this soon. Maybe large PDF files and I weren't meant to be.

MadGear

Just finished Lords of Shadow again (played it on PS3 years ago). It still holds up quite nice, the story starts slow but gets interesting after the first two chapters and combat is still a lot of fun despite some rare camera issues. My most annoying issue with the game is that at times despite being very linear in design offers you to explore "left or right". One direction always allows you to progress while the other exist for you to find a collectible that boosts your health/magic/... . Sadly you don't always know which path leads to these items beforehand so you might take the path that results in a level progress (sometimes with a cutscene) with no turning back, missing an upgrade because you chose poorly. Its not that bad though because at Knight difficulty the game isn't very hard but its still annoying.

Overall I really liked the main game a lot, sadly the former DLC chapters however are pure garbage (first time I played them): only drawn cutscenes, very few new environments, heavy focus on rather lame puzzles that purely exist to extend the playtime and the worst and easily most annoying platforming sequences ever. I also really did not like the bossfight at all because he requires you to attack him in air which is a rather odd choice given that this games moveset gives you so little air control. To me these DLC-Chapters basically are a worst-of collection of elements found in the main game (only missing the Chupacabras).

I guess I will get LoS2 some day despite knowing that it was poorly received, however unless that game is a lot like the Chapters 13/14 for LoS1 it can't possibly be that bad.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Yeah, Sumatra is the go-to these days for me. Foxit started adding a lot of bloat a year or two back so I jumped ship.

Seems to happen way too often with software that touts itself as "lean". Starts off that way, then becomes bloated and filled with questionable toolbars and pieces of software added to the installer that they try to trick you into accepting and installing.

So I went ahead and added the upgrade to my cart to see what would happen. Purchase as a gift is grayed out for me, I'm gonna guess that's true for people with discounts as well?

Also, I'm not sure how this upgrade would work... Looking at it on SteamDB, it should have the normal SotFS sub included (but I'm not 100% sure of how subs/apps/etc work), so I wonder if just purchasing the upgrade without owning the previous version would work.

But I'm just gonna guess it won't work any which way, so I'll probably just have to buy it normally. If anybody knows more about this stuff that can say anything to it, that'd be appreciated.

rtcn63

That's pretty much Adobe's trademark. All of their software does it.

I visited The Verge's website to watch a Surface 3 hands-on, and I had to force FF to shut down because flash went apeshit on fullscreen. Never had that happen before. Scary.

EDIT: FF also hangs every now and then, although I usually have another window with Youtube paused. Been happening for months, so I assume its normal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I went ahead and added the upgrade to my cart to see what would happen. Purchase as a gift is grayed out for me, I'm gonna guess that's true for people with discounts as well?

Also, I'm not sure how this upgrade would work... Looking at it on SteamDB, it should have the normal SotFS sub included (but I'm not 100% sure of how subs/apps/etc work), so I wonder if just purchasing the upgrade without owning the previous version would work.

But I'm just gonna guess it won't work any which way, so I'll probably just have to buy it normally. If anybody knows more about this stuff that can say anything to it, that'd be appreciated.

gift grayed out to prevent gifting it to people that dont own ds2 and/or the dlc, since its the same sub (its a whole new game, none of your DS2 stuff will work, saves and shit)

Sajjaja

Am I reading the SteamDB correctly? Can you activate DS2 SOTFS keys from other regions no problem except Japan?

Aaron D.

now that's what you call "throwing bad money after good".

Actually, I just fired up the free SS DLC and it's freakin' hillarious!

I thought it would just be the SS voice actor reading the original Elohim-character script in Sam's voice, but it's completely new material. It's Serious Sam heckling you through every puzzle, or at least in all the spots Elohim originally spoke to the player. The jokes don't land every time but they do enough to make it totally worth while. 100% Serious Sam style.

What an unexpected treat.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
200 cc in Mario Kart 8 and reminiscing about F-Zero has me longing for speed. What racing game on Steam has the greatest sense of incredible speed?

Even though I don't own Dark Souls 2(played it via family sharing) the 30 dollar upgrade option is showing up. Can I buy that or will I be fucked over?

zkylon

zkylewd
That's why you're getting the 33% discount.

Although my page has 40% off :/
Different currency though
ah i see

i got my hopes up there for a second ;_;

also it's so weird that they talk about the dx9 versions and dx11 version everywhere but in steam they're the 32 bit and 64 bit versions

it's so needlessly confusing

why couldn't they call the new one the definitive edition or whatever

Also, when zky get a tag?
like a week ago!

Nabs

The Dark Souls II upgrade still recognizes my arcade stick over my controller, so I'll have to disable it before launching the game. So annoying :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Fire_Emblem_if_Japanese_logo.png

2 new 3DS Fire Emblems bros

bubye steam in 2016

The hype was real.

Plus there's SMT Persona X FE too, I guess.
I'm hoping that it'll end up being darker than it seems to be at first. I was honestly hoping for more designs based on Kaneko's mainline SMT artwork rather than FE: Awakening/P4 animu art.

200 cc in Mario Kart 8 and reminiscing about F-Zero has me longing for speed. What racing game on Steam has the greatest sense of incredible speed?

I've heard some really good things about Distance.

It also has a Mute City custom map available for download on the game's workshop.

GRpCveK.png

Fuck it, I just bought it. I don't care about getting it cheaper, I already know I'll get my money's worth. Had some card money, and keys from trading off my copy of DoA, so it ended up only costing me $8.

3 hours to install though... I can't wait. I needed this game like 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom