• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a term for the opposite of port begging?
Console warriors being shitty?
Also, I demand to know who edited the title of this thread.

I support the edit because it makes people feel inexplicably uncomfortable. I just need to know.
You're a monster!
The darkest timeline.
community-darkest-timeline.jpeg
I hope evil Abed returns this season.
Shots fired.
More like the obvious stated.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope evil Abed returns this season.

The felt beard could be seen in his locker during one scene.
That show is full of great stuff like that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.4. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added a "View post history" button to user's profiles in the "More" dropdown box
  • Added price tier information to "Bundles that include this game" section
  • Added support for more currencies on badge pages
  • Added basic compatibility for extensions such as HTTPS Everywhere
  • Significantly reduced the number of data queries while viewing badge pages
  • Price history information for multiple items are now done through a single data request
  • Rewrote how translation files are loaded which will reduce the amount of info in memory
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the user's invite page not to process correctly
  • Fixed a bug where cards with quotation marks in their name wouldn't show lowest price info
  • Fixed a bug that could cause trade offer decline buttons not to show up under certain circumstances
  • Fixed a bug that would incorrectly calculate number of games with drops remaining in some languages
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused homepage carousel descriptions not to load correctly
  • Fixed header positioning when hiding the sidebar on the home page
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. For information regarding Firefox, please read this announcement.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
At the risk of over explaining the joke, but to give you insight into how my brain works:

When choosing exactly how to mess with the title of the thread, I ruminated on a few possible paths.

Initially, because it was a thread going up on April Fools day, I thought, "Oh, just make a uPlay or GFWL thread and pretend we're in the worst possible timeline." The problem with this approach was that, despite any jokes I was going to put into it, I wanted this to be the Steam thread you are all stuck with for the month. I didn't want to give any grounds for anyone else to make the "real" Steam thread after the day was up. This principle is also why the OP is still a functional OP and not a bunch of over the tops jokes.

So, I thought for a while about how to alter the title. I thought about the throw-back "stearn" joke, but discarded it as it's an obvious joke that would not be given a second thought by anyone posting in the thread. I arrived at "Steam" because I felt it would make the most amount of people uncomfortable as it didn't stick to either convention while still being a perfectly normal and legitimate way to present it.

"steam" in all lowercase achieves the same goal, I think, if being a little more obvious.

So long story short:

you monster!!!

Is totally on fleek.

jshackles

you need to be less obvious with these alts jshackles they're just setting you up too well

I can't help it that I solve the world's problem

EDIT: Spares!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cognition An Erica Reed Thriller (GOTY Edition) -- MB-FAC3F04FCB10EC05 - Taken by BernardoOne
Deponia -- MB-AD7A5CCB0C972D54 - Taken by Kanokare
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-38150CEFB38AA9A5 - Taken by inm8num2
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-31B7D145A8890282 - Taken by Dsyndrome
1954 Alcatraz -- MB-4EF82132A4D7B1C4 - Taken by Benedict
Torchlight II -- MB-A35B1E93F89CDEE9 - Taken by someguyinahat

demented

Spares from me too
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-0AC6C2758C62F816
Torchlight II -- MB-166CB6C10AC3086C - Taken by TheLight. 6 entrants total.

t1428811798z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
This is weird. I won Cognition GOTY from jshackles but it won't let me activate it, says I already own it. (i do own the first two episodes). Seems I will have to contact support to remove what I have first before I can redeem it.

Shadownet

Banned
This is weird. I won Cognition GOTY from jshackles but it won't let me activate it, says I already own it. (i do own the first two episodes). Seems I will have to contact support to remove what I have first before I can redeem it.
That's weird. Give me the code, I'll try to activate it for you. ;D

Speevy

Banned
Capitalize steam or else.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Grand Theft Auto V -- MB-1E7B6BA68313FD23 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 69 entrants total.

t1428738178z1.png

Turfster

Capitalize steam or else.

Please, capitalize Steam, morningbus.
Otherwise there will be more geetav giveaways, and we can't unleash that pain on the world... Especially since it takes away the chance of it being a giveaway I'm actually interested in =p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Please, capitalize Steam, morningbus.
Otherwise there will be more geetav giveaways, and we can't unleash that pain on the world... Especially since it takes away the chance of it being a giveaway I'm actually interested in =p

You're welcome.

Coldsun

Banned
Ugh, debating between GTA5 and Mortal Kombat (with or without the season pass). Only have enough for one this month (comfortably) and I'm really struggling to decide. I'm a huge huge MK fan (have the first 3 arcades at my parents' place) but GTA5 would be a new experience for me.

Sigh. Suggestions? Points that I may not have considered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom