• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to remotely install Mortal Kombat X, but it's not showing up in my list of "All Games" in my Steam profile. Does anybody know how to fix this?

rtcn63

That sucks. WD placed a lot of cool trinkets in those cases. I had Eternal Blue Complete, but I sold it to get a launch PS2.

Yeah, I think I had the package Naked Snake showed. Those boxes had much of my youth in them... I remember originally purchasing Star Ocean 2 over Lunar because it was cheaper at release (I believe), eventually getting both. Ocean had the better combat, but Lunar had that Star Wars-like sense of soap and heroism.

didamangi

So, Sim City/Sim City 4 might be the BTA bonus then.

bbfc2637fa2192d96a6e73f32291af06d82ef3b1.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
With a >300 000 peak, it definitely sold much more than a million. It will be fun to watch the numbers rise as steamspy gets more accurate numbers.

demented

ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-938AA3A6A97C38EE - Taken by TheLight. 5 entrants total.

t1429126213z1.png

Reason why I make them 24 and not fast ones is because I wanna give a chance to win for people from other time zones, I always hate seeing short ones while I was sleeping :(
Not a big game or anything but still lol, enjoy.

Nillansan

It seems like no one is stepping up to do an OT for Westerado: Double Barrelled. If that really is the case, I would like to volunteer (I have already posted about it in the OT-OT thread). The thread will go up on Friday (a bit late, apologies), if no one has claimed it already.

I would also like to do a small give-away in the form of a competition. Come up with a title for the OT, if I pick your title, you've won a copy of the game. Do any of the thread regulars have any suggestions as to how to go about this? Should the entrants just PM me their suggestions in order to avoid shitting up the Steam thread or should people be able to discuss the submitted titles?

Hello good people! Hope you are doing all fine and have fun gaming and/or collecting.
What could EA put in Bundle that they haven't in last Origin Bundle?
I wish Mercenaries 2 and Saboteur would be in the bundle. They look so fun. Not gonna pay BTA on the off-chance though. No way.
Humble Origin bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Peggle
  • Dead Space 2
  • Medal of Honor Allied Assault War chest
  • Command & Conquer Generals
TIER 2: BTA
  • PvZ Garden Warfare
  • Dragon Age II
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Mass Effect 2
First Origin Bundle I am witnessing live. Was pretty late to bundles.

Is Dragon Age Origins the one version containing all DLC? That sounds cool as I don't have it and it is a Steam Key on top.

Would like to have all Mass Effect games on Steam one day. I am hoping. Does Mass Effect 2 in that bundle contain all DLC?
PSA: It's one key for all games on Origin!

Steam Keys are separate
Aw. That is bad for snatching only the games one would want in giveaways. Hm.
I bought GTAV at full price. Hopefully R* doesn't take 2 years to bring GTA6 to PC next time.

I took one for you guys.
No, you should have waited!

Anyway, what is done is done. Have fun!

Would like to hear how your PC & gaming laptop are handling it. Especially your 290 and Xeon.
If price is not an object, you want RealMYST Masterpiece Edition.

A brief summary of the major versions of Myst:

Myst:
- Originally released on Mac OS
- Game is a series of 2D pictures and animation strung together by clicking through.
- Not on Steam

Myst Masterpiece Edition:
- Released several years later. Exact same game, slightly higher fidelity graphics and sound.

RealMYST:
- Myst remade as a full 3d world you can walk through
- When first released did not have great performance, but that's long since stopped being a concern
- Was buggy then and is still buggy now
- Has issues launching on modern machines
- Add an extra "world" to the game, Rime Age, which is short but fits well and is worth it

RealMYST Masterpiece Edition:
- Remakes RealMYST in Unity with modern graphics
- Adds dynamic weather and day/night
- Has a 2D point-and-click mode if you don't want to play in full 3d
- Works on modern machines
- This is 100% the version you want to buy if cost is not a consideration.
That is a very nice summary. Thanks!

I read a lot about Myst in gaming magazines way back 15-20 years ago but never played it. The Masterpiece Edition it is then.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CarbonatedFalcon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-DB2A6944FF111D70 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 7 entrants total.

t1429051095z1.png

I hope they add Mass Effect 1 and/or 3. Anyway, I already had this, so yeah.

Uzzy

It seems like no one is stepping up to do an OT for Westerado: Double Barrelled. If that really is the case, I would like to volunteer (I have already posted about it in the OT-OT thread). The thread will go up on Friday (a bit late, apologies), if no one has claimed it already.

I would also like to do a small give-away in the form of a competition. Come up with a title for the OT, if I pick your title, you've won a copy of the game. Do any of the thread regulars have any suggestions as to how to go about this? Should the entrants just PM me their suggestions in order to avoid shitting up the Steam thread or should people be able to discuss the submitted titles?

That's generous of you. Personally, I'd suggest having entrants PM you the suggestions, just so you don't lose any of them in the Steam thread.

R* servers are now crushing every 10 minutes. Social Club Downloader just loses connection.

Sounds pretty standard for the launch of a large video game.

In other news, giveaway:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bejeweled 3 (Steam) -- MB-CFB5AAF09A66D20F - Taken by Bayonetta. 10 entrants total.

t1429127473z1.png

Uzzy

If I had a dollar for every time some desperate devil's advocate shared their "YOU'RE AWARE THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS NOT BUY THE DLC???" wisdom over on gaming side I'd have a huge wallet to not spend on this piece of shit

This one's hilariously blatant but such practices always influence a game's design to an extent

Have the ingame currency drop at a respectable rate when the journalists are reviewing it, so no one mentions how grindy unlocking everything will be, then cripple the rate when the game goes live, to encourage customers to buy your microtransactions. It's really quite amazing.

Deitus

Is Dragon Age Origins the one version containing all DLC? That sounds cool as I don't have it and it is a Steam Key on top.

Would like to have all Mass Effect games on Steam one day. I am hoping. Does Mass Effect 2 in that bundle contain all DLC?

None of the games in this bundle come with DLC (edit: except the C&C Generals game, since that actually lists "+DLC"). And I'm pretty sure the DLC for Dragon Age and Mass Effect has to be purchased from the Bioware store using Bioware points, even if you buy the game on Steam.

Mass Effect 3 is probably not going to come to Steam until Origin dies.

KainXVIII

If price is not an object, you want RealMYST Masterpiece Edition.

A brief summary of the major versions of Myst:

Myst:
- Originally released on Mac OS
- Game is a series of 2D pictures and animation strung together by clicking through.
- Not on Steam

Myst Masterpiece Edition:
- Released several years later. Exact same game, slightly higher fidelity graphics and sound.

RealMYST:
- Myst remade as a full 3d world you can walk through
- When first released did not have great performance, but that's long since stopped being a concern
- Was buggy then and is still buggy now
- Has issues launching on modern machines
- Add an extra "world" to the game, Rime Age, which is short but fits well and is worth it

RealMYST Masterpiece Edition:
- Remakes RealMYST in Unity with modern graphics
- Adds dynamic weather and day/night
- Has a 2D point-and-click mode if you don't want to play in full 3d
- Works on modern machines
- This is 100% the version you want to buy if cost is not a consideration.

RealMYST Masterpiece Edition still has shitty optimization though (unity engine *barf*) and (arguably) bad controls, so for purists and not very modern rigs i recommend plain Myst Masterpiece Edition

didamangi

Have the ingame currency drop at a respectable rate when the journalists are reviewing it, so no one mentions how grindy unlocking everything will be, then cripple the rate when the game goes live, to encourage customers to buy your microtransactions. It's really quite amazing.

smh.

It's from SimCity 2000 cover.

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/1/9/7/7197_front.jpg

It's better than new SimCity, no loss there.
Get Cities: Skylines instead.

Actually posted 2000 before I edit it :D

Ah well, would've liked 4 more since it's on steam and a great game to boot.

Kind of want that EA bundle for the Medal of Honor AA War Chest and maybe Plants vs. Zombies. Anyone know how the Medal of Honor games hold up gameplay wise and how they run on modern systems?

Parsnip

Hm, I have to move my fingers really high up to get to the part that isn't 'pressable', almost on top of the ridge, and usually don't even use my fingertips for the bumpers. It apparently depends on how you hold controllers but I had no problems so far. I also like the clicky dpad, maybe the one on the DS4 feels a little better and has an advantage in fighting games but overall I prefer the X1 pad because of its layout, the analog sticks and the triggers.
Thanks for the impressions.

My guess is if they do re-master of Red Dead Redemption for the PS4 and Xbone, which I can see happening given the four to five year gap between Rockstar titles and RDR's popularity, there would be a PC port. I could see that selling a few million more copies, easy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Rockstar: Oh boy! Maybe we SHOULD port RDR to PC after all.

Dan Houser: "Those PC people still want Red Dead Redemption? Surely they realize that we really don't care at this point, and that we have never cared about giving it to them at all."

Sam Houser: "Let's just remaster it for the xbone and ps4 :lol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom