• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://gamearts.pgtb.me/G11qsW

DO THIS SURVEY FOR THE LOVE OF GABEN!
GRIEF.EXE, WAKE UP, DO SURVEY!
DO IT FOR THE PLUS ONE
DO IT FOR GRANDIA AND LUNAR ON STEAM
DO IT FOR SEAHORSIE
saoirse-ronan-and-erdem-spring-2011-rtw-white-lace-dress-gallery.jpg

I've never played any of those games.

Arthea

Dropping price though is more about the tier balance than overall quality. It seems like we'll see a lot of $1 purchases that may not jump to the BTA, which is why it continues to drift down. I'm sure it will bottom out at some point, but I could see it continuing to drop until some big donor drops a bunch of money on it "for charity." I agree that it seems unlikely it will make it all the way down to $4 though.

you actually are right, seeing that $1 tier might seem more attractive than usual, there is slight chance of that happening for a short time at least.

rtcn63

Grandia 2 was legit fun, but IIRC a fuckin' technical mess on the PS2. I actually couldn't progress after a certain point due to a bug.

Madn

I finished Cook, Serve, Delicious! I liked it a lot when I first tried it so I started binge playing it and I finished over the weekend. I now can't bear to play it a single more minute. It's a fast reaction game where you have to quickly cook the various foods you have on the menu. As you go on you unlock more recipes and upgrade your restaurant. While I had fun with this game I don't think it has a lot of replayability as you keep doing the same stuff all over again

Shantom

Speaking of GameArts/GungHo, it seems Dokuro now has controller support on Steam. It was silly for a platformer to launch without it, but at least they've fixed it now.

Arthea

Anyone who answers that question with "Cinematic trailers" deserves to be taken out back and shot.

Fuck cinematic trailers. Fuck them in the ass.

have you seen DX HR trailer and a new DX one? just checking
FF8 one back in a day probably not either? or FFXV AR?

Dr Dogg

So predictions on the BTA extra games? I doubt any EA Partners titles will get a look in but I'd say the other C&C's, Dead Space 1, Mirrors Edge and maybe one of the more recent Need for Speeds that are Origin only with DLC are possible candidates.

HoosTrax

it wasn't 2 pages back ... was it? :p
More like, there's an entire thread dedicated to it.

So predictions on the BTA extra games? I doubt any EA Partners titles will get a look in but I'd say the other C&C's, Dead Space 1, Mirrors Edge and maybe one of the more recent Need for Speeds that are Origin only with DLC are possible candidates.
SimCity 2013 maybe? Considering it's now even more worthless than it was before Skylines came out.

Arthea

some N4S surely will be there, not sure ones we want, though, I really couldn't think of anything else.

didamangi

GTA V runs amazingly smoothly.

Yup, 3570k and GTX 760 2GB. Even forced the textures to high that puts it just over 2GB limit and the game still hovers around 60 fps and thereabouts. Also love that I can put it on borderless window mode and vsync off and have no tearing.

Accoun

EA, is it THAT hard to make some kind of public profile for Origin? Or at least a page that lists owned games without having to use the client. Luckily, I didn't have Bejeweled 3 yet, but I have for example "Polish" and "French" Peggle (no difference probably) because I thought I didn't have it already since order history only shows things from the last 3 months by default.

Oh, and BTW: do I need to have Origin running to play games from it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GTA V runs amazingly smoothly. This is a wonder of optimization.

I wish it supported SMAA natively. I tried Reshade yesterday but in my case it just causes the game to insta-crash.

Oh, and BTW: do I need to have Origin running to play games from it?

It varies. I know Syndicate refuses to run if it's not launched through Origin directly. You could just install the games and apply cracks, though.

Just want those Working Design Lunar games. I know that they're kinda corny and that they messed with the gameplay systems when bringing those games over but there's no denying that they were localized with much love.

didamangi

I wish it supported SMAA natively. I tried Reshade yesterday but in my case it just causes the game to insta-crash.

Yeah, tested TXAA and it's too blurry of a solution for me, nevermind the performance cost. SMAA still the best for me. Hopefully someone will fix it for GTA V.

Accoun

I like that the survey has Mass Effect as a "Roleplaying Shooter", not RPG. :p
On the other hand, DRM in the "important port features" list...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
reddit said:
Hey, i have MKX early and yesterday i was playing it all day and streaming too. the game is really awesome :D now that's out of the way. yesterday they released a update 1.8GB and its supposed to fix the game and stuff but me and 2 friends of mine noticed 2 bad changes after we all downloaded the update. The game became harder especially the tower boss and you get way less money for story mode and normal fights. my friend used to get 2.500 coins on a boss fight now he gets 200 on the same boss fight after the update. the krypt is huge so with the new update it will take ages to open everything. so now im thinking of removing the update and play. please if anyone has the game please confirm if its the same with you :)

gotta love those dirty f2p tactics ....

well, I guess that's one way to get reviewers to not complain about bullshit DLC ...

Arthea

Just want those Working Design Lunar games. I know that they're kinda corny and that they messed with the gameplay systems when bringing those games over but there's no denying that they were localized with much love.

I would take Lunar games on steam, of course, but I think that Grandia games have a way better chance of actually selling.

I like that the survey has Mass Effect as a "Roleplaying Shooter", not RPG. :p
On the other hand, DRM in the "important port features" list...

it's simply true, ME isn't RPG
we aren't going to go through this hell again, or are we? (><)

rtcn63

I owned Lunar Silver Star Story Complete on the PSX. Sold it in high school. Still had the booklet thing that came with it, until last year, when my father threw away boxes of my belongings...

iosefe

about the DRM option in important things on the survey:

Yes. It means that you feel strongly about it one way or another; and since I am the one that put together the survey, I know that drm-free is typically what the community would want if they were to feel strongly about it.

Miguel81

I owned Lunar Silver Star Story Complete on the PSX. Sold it in high school. Still had the booklet thing that came with it, until last year, when my father threw away boxes of my belongings...

That sucks. WD placed a lot of cool trinkets in those cases. I had Eternal Blue Complete, but I sold it to get a PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom