• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

RealMYST Masterpiece Edition still has shitty optimization though (unity engine *barf*) and (arguably) bad controls, so for purists and not very modern rigs i recommend plain Myst Masterpiece Edition

Does Myst Masterpiece even work on modern systems? I remember having problems with my physical copy some time ago.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
With VT4 being removed, which GFWL games are still left on Steam?

asking because I'll probably need a GAFer to help me get it, stupid region locks D:

None of the games in this bundle come with DLC (edit: except the C&C Generals game, since that actually lists "+DLC"). And I'm pretty sure the DLC for Dragon Age and Mass Effect has to be purchased from the Bioware store using Bioware points, even if you buy the game on Steam.]
Yeah, that is not so good. Guess they are banking on bundle buyers to at pay more in form of DLC? Makes sense for them as a business but it's not so good for us customers, hah. You can't have it all I guess.
Mass Effect 3 is probably not going to come to Steam until Origin dies.
I try to stay positive. Hope dies last.

Who knows? All it takes are a very few flops for a management change and they could go Ubi-style.

Slim chance I know but what is left?

Turfster

Playing the NEON STRUCT beta and while I'm still in the introductory level, it's already shaping up to be a great stealth game.
Me likey a lot.

(No lashman, it's not a mobile port =p)

derExperte

Sorry I meant MSAA. Seems mSAA Takes a hit on the FPS, but which one would you guys recommend?

FXAA makes the image noticeably softer but how bad it is depends on the game. And some don't notice. So start there since it costs little performance.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Playing the NEON STRUCT beta and while I'm still in the introductory level, it's already shaping up to be a great stealth game.
Me likey a lot.

(No lashman, it's not a mobile port =p)

I wanna see the receipts!!!! ;)

Nillansan

That's generous of you. Personally, I'd suggest having entrants PM you the suggestions, just so you don't lose any of them in the Steam thread.

Thanks for the answer. I got your submission. I will do a proper post regarding the give-away tomorrow, your submission will of course be taken into consideration.

Dsyndrome

Basically the game turned graphic setting in the middle, I turned to the max again but now the game is kinda fuzzy, I can't solve this.
Also dark zones...are too dark. Almost pitch black :l

GeForce Experience do this or the drivers? Hopefully they fix it quick if it's the drivers.

Asgaro

TECgUB5.jpg

meh

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault?!

Didn't even know they sell this at Origin.

I just checked but they don't sell Pacific Assault... Why? :(
I'm pretty sure people would want that. So many good memories.

post-29513-there-are-dozens-like-us-gif-I-NYgW.gif

Deitus

I try to stay positive. Hope dies last.

Who knows? All it takes are a very few flops for a management change and they could go Ubi-style.

Slim chance I know but what is left?

For me, staying positive is holding out hope that Origin will die, and EA will be forced to start selling games on Steam again. :p

kudoboi

well.. i just played gta v for 12 hours straight... hell i even ate my dinner while michael was in a cab. my arms hurt like crazy

Turfster

My first runthrough of the first level of NEON STRUCT was going well, ghosted it nicely... until I got to the objective and was supposed to make my way back out. People came back into the room I was bugging too quickly, so I had to knock them out (put them to bed, because I'm nice like that), but then a guard discovered them, and I had to take her out too... and things went from bad to worse after that.
Final grade for the intro mission: D

I will go commit sudoku now.

Arthea

My first runthrough of the first level of NEON STRUCT was going well, ghosted it nicely... until I got to the objective and was supposed to make my way back out. People came back into the room I was bugging too quickly, so I had to knock them out (put them to bed, because I'm nice like that), but then a guard discovered them, and I had to take her out too... and things went from bad to worse after that.
Final grade for the intro mission: D

I will go commit sudoku now.

don't forget to film it and make at least 100MB gif for this thread.

Personally I think this will make them double down on DX12 or Vulkan. Most likely Vulkan.

Why do you think that? The former makes more sense given DX is still the prevalent API on Windows and MS would likely want to incite devs more to adapt it than Khronos or Valve. Also would probably be easier to port between XB1 and PC this way.

I haven't done a giveaway raffle in a long time, so here's a BUNCH to raffle for. Good luck to all.

Also, if you have a problem with a key, or I pasted the wrong one to the wrong title, or if the origin bundle doesn't work etc., please send me a pm so you can get the game you win cause I'm a stupid with the copy pasting so many keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WhiskeyDiver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Potatoman Seeks the Roof -- MB-A186E545064AE215 - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.
Bret Airborne -- MB-4C03542002A4BEC3 - Taken by Lomax. 2 entrants total.
Crayon Chronicles -- MB-A6C7FC9EA9F80BEE - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Sinister City -- MB-357B2C398946C3E9
The Bluecoats: North vs South -- MB-0958E12BBE4877A5 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
The Detail Episode 1: Where the Dead Lie -- MB-A95006025EE9F827
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-ED2CD9DE1C80E5D9 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Call of the Ninja -- MB-BCE2BD967A637210 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Bet on Soldier -- MB-952781FF53CF6F16 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Real Boxing -- MB-3E9FD1475BE1AFB2 - Taken by Blak_Status. 3 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-229CC99D6BA29C13
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation City of Death -- MB-3E3752D710C407AA
Cargo Commander -- MB-C4FBC081C20DF584 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Legendary -- MB-303DE0A6B35DCA52 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Rocketbirds: Hardbroiled Chicken -- MB-C2E234DEA0A18AD3
Nihilumbra -- MB-A71735A8455434D8 - Taken by DriftedPlanet. 3 entrants total.
Guncraft -- MB-A35FDAA57AE04D79 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
AERENA Masters Edition -- MB-2B262CFDF60D7051 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-BFC92B1D553556AB - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-A142F136F6C9FD1F - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold 3 Gold -- MB-5A05A655EBAF66DF - Taken by Se7enSword. 5 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-20DD329F96CAA90C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
ORIGIN SUPER BUNDLE: Redeems: Dragon Age: Origins, Peggle, Dead Space 2, Command & Conquer Generals Plus Zero Hour, Medal of Honor Allied Assault War Chest, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Dragon Age II, Bejeweled 3, and Mass Effect 2 -- MB-1333506FD91FB4CC - Taken by Darth Kupi. 18 entrants total.
Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends -- MB-D90AC1A0DC404443 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-477AA0FA945F4310 - Taken by Kirosia. 14 entrants total.
ibb & obb -- MB-C0A15871909A80D1 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition -- MB-36BC1319E3465195 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Fall of the New Age Premium Edition -- MB-810B0F3ED9019508 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Bard to the Future -- MB-2FA5905165CBF80E - Taken by r3n4ud. 2 entrants total.
Home -- MB-ED9804E2F5A071E5 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Cubicity -- MB-9ECCD93894F65C02
Velvet Assassin -- MB-FF4CCEE8B1ABCE41

t1429131313z1.png

HoosTrax

I tried out Firefall last night, and damn if it isn't one of the stunningly beautiful-looking open-world games I've ever seen. Everything in the environment is super colorful and lush-looking and the major towns have a lot of verticality to them as well. It's like a mix of Sanctum (overall setting), Borderlands (art style), Unreal Tournament (vehicles and weapons), and Aion (gliding mechanic).

Once a major zone is loaded, you can fly around the entire zone with no lag for loading. The game itself runs really well on my machine for how great it looks.

Too bad the game itself feels sparsely populated, the jobs board was broken/bugged for almost the entire evening, and the game seems a bit pay-to-win, as far as the VIP subscription offering gameplay advantages (increased exp gain, fast research, better glide boosts, etc). Game seems to have potential...hope they fix it up before it dies or something.

Dsyndrome

Heh, one of these stands out as a bit odd.
'merica don't take kindly to your snide insinuations.

Seriously though, that shit is odd. I don't know if I've seen a language option like that.
Edit: Just noticed Mexican as well. Is it accounting for difference between Spain and Central America?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dead or Alive 5 had all game modes, characters, etc running perfectly day one and the performance was perfect. Mortal Kombat on the other hand has missing modes, online and characters.

So much for being a better port than DOA5
in1hNtnJaGbtF.gif

'merica don't take kindly to your snide insinuations.

Seriously though, that shit is odd. I don't know if I've seen a language option like that.
Edit: Just noticed Mexican as well. Is it accounting for difference between Spain and Central America?

Yeah, the Spanish and Mexican files are pretty different from each other.

None of the games in this bundle come with DLC (edit: except the C&C Generals game, since that actually lists "+DLC"). And I'm pretty sure the DLC for Dragon Age and Mass Effect has to be purchased from the Bioware store using Bioware points, even if you buy the game on Steam.

That is correct. Nobody's quite sure why Bioware hasn't just integrated it into the games proper - some claim they're holding out for the remasters, some claim that the system is far too complex to transfer said DLC and others claim that it's still selling so well that Bioware doesn't want to give up the revenue stream (which is probably bullshit considering ME3's Omega DLC dropped off the Xbox/PSN online charts after the first day).

They're aware of it too. You can't have a discussion about BW points without someone mentioning how they never go on sale, and the last "deal" there were on them was a package deal with ME2 where you saved a few dollars.

The ideal scenario would just be to sell a package deal with all the points needed to unlock the DLC at a bulk discount. There is no market for it anymore, considering that ME/DA were the only franchises that utilized it, and the latter has been rendered irrelevant with the release of Inquisition's save game editor.

Maniac

Banned
Fuck GTAV, who cares? It's trash. I'd rather play this 'ere masterpiece, literally better than bloodborne

LO92y3f.png
let the GTA V modding begin ... first up - Oculus Rift support ;)

Fucking called it a while ago.

Said that it'd surely be turned into a pretty good VR sandbox eventually. Hopefully we see some first-person graphics improvements, too. (Those hands, eurgh.)

Phawx

Why do you think that? The former makes more sense given DX is still the prevalent API on Windows and MS would likely want to incite devs more to adapt it than Khronos or Valve. Also would probably be easier to port between XB1 and PC this way.

I agree that DX12 is a very simple path for Xbox One and PC and many pubs will adopt this path 100%. But looking at this current generation so far, it's been mostly remakes and very very few new games unless they were moneyhatted.

If Microsoft didn't colossally eff up the Xbox One and managed to repeat the 360 dominance then I could see DX12 being extremely attractive. It's still very attractive, but now that PS4 is leading console sales and multiplatform deployment is necessary to greenlight new games, I think many pubs are going to demand that Xbox One and PS4 (with AMD hardware) support Vulkan to streamline development.

No pub wants to greenlight anything unless it's going to be a cashcow and even then it's a risk because F2P is killing multiplayer communities.

That's just my thoughts on it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of CarbonatedFalcon, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CarbonatedFalcon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-DB2A6944FF111D70 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 7 entrants total.

t1429051095z1.png

Maniac

Banned

Sexy.
Jeez.

I'd have bought it but no cheap-ish Steam availabilities means no sale.

Rockstar Warehouse can eat shit. :p

Hopefully this makes R* realise that we're worth the investment, and we'll be treated like... Well, atleast, 3rd class customers instead of "literally in the sewer" class customers.
I guess people are happy that the game is no longer trapped on garbage consoles.

Sounds about right.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Saw an email saying Humbie Origin Bundle 2 and got excited. Saw the bundle and somehow ended up less excited than before I saw anything.

Maniac

Banned
Quick question, does anyone have a spare of DA:O? Really considering jumping on that bundle just to finally get it on Steam. Never re-bought it after switching accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom