• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I must admit, I bought it for Garden Warfare...

and then I remember I uninstalled Origin some time ago...

because they get no money from me ever, if I don't get Peggle 2
on PC

and what I am now to do?

how's the rest of them is garbage?
jeez guys, can you tone down on humblehyperbole already?

I'll call a spade a spade when necessary, but I find it very difficult to say anything bad about this. Complaining about not giving enough Steam keys is a moot point. The last Origin bundle had insane value.

SSPssp

PC release date was six weeks later. Also quite a few had already abandoned old gen by this point.

Anyway, here's some actually interesting non-PC news: More Sega 3D Classics for the 3DS! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029022

Oh, thanks, I thought it was at the same time.

We still don't have a decent Xbox (I want to call it 1, but now it's confusing so I'll say the Xbox the First) emulator, so it's not as if emulation being available within a few years is a guarantee.

PS3 Cell architecture was notoriously difficult to develop for, so I can only imagine it would be incredibly hard to emulate as well. To my knowledge PS3 and 360 emulators are currently only able to run small downloadable titles, and not even well at that. It will be a while before the bulk of each console's retail library actually runs decently.

So it will probably quite a wait before a decent PS4 emulator can actually run most games well. Even considering the PS4 uses a more familiar architecture that should be easier to emulate (remember, Xbox the First had x86 architecture as well), it will still take some time to get working right for a decent amount of the library. There is also the factor that you need a PC several times more powerful than whatever console you are trying to emulate (from what I've read, the rule of thumb is 40 times more powerful).

Oh man, that's too bad, I haven't noticed because most of my consoles haven't died on me, and the ones that did I got a replacement. I guess I know nothing about the emu scene.

Also, I'm actually pretty excited about this Origin bundle, just F5ing to watch the avg come down!

Terra_Ex

Worth the asking price for DA:O on its own really, their last great game before becoming console-centric. It's rather crazy just how low the prices have gone on PC for quality stuff like Origins and Witcher 2, we're talking pocket change for hours of great content. Years after most people will have played it, granted, but still.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I have Peggle now three times on Origin, lol

origin.png

Sendou

Worth the asking price for DA:O on its own really, their last great game before becoming console-centric. It's rather crazy just how low the prices have gone on PC for quality stuff like Origins and Witcher 2, we're talking pocket change for hours of great content. Years after most people will have played it, granted, but still.

DA:O might be great but it'd be weird buying just the regular version at this point.

Backlogger

Ubisoft needs to do a uPlay bundle

As for this Origin bundle I already own pretty much all of these except PvZ which I own on PS4 and rarely play.

Turfster

I like how I have a Bejeweled 3 from the On The House promo that works on a mac, but the new bundle Bejeweled 3 "only works on windows".

Lomax

Wonder if the BTA will slide below $4. Solid bundle but certainly not as awe inspiring as the first one. But with the "give it all to charity" gimmick we'll probably see some big donors push the average up at some point.

Pakkidis

I LOVE GAMES! Enjoy! :)

Edit: For some reason Dragon Age Origin is showing up as an Origin title when I inputted a Steam Key. So its a Steam Key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-06BA913B3880873F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-2DAC9BFE84D2C79C - Taken by eyeless. 27 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dragon Age Origin -- MB-A5B0774B146D1616 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.

t1429122072z1.png

Sendou

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-80E2196702A38EF8 - Taken by Accoun
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-23BA41FC907D15BD - Taken by TheLight

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-CB5EB15277A2613E
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-1BDFC15410BAD443 - Taken by Kuroyume
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-EED0EB7B5A859602 - Taken by PunishedSnake

Here's some cool video games!

Knurek

Well, $5 for Mass Effect 2 (Steam), Dead Space 2 (Steam) and C&C Generals/PvZ Warfare (Orgins) ain't so bad.
Will be nice for a of replay Mass Effect 2 down the line, since I have all the DLCs on Origin. :)

Arthea

Wonder if the BTA will slide below $4. Solid bundle but certainly not as awe inspiring as the first one. But with the "give it all to charity" gimmick we'll probably see some big donors push the average up at some point.

Don't see that happening, it rarely happens with any HB bundle (weekly excluding), and this is a good one, so definitely not.

Well, I remembered that there was supposed to be a new Humble Bundle today so I went to check.

Origin: stopping people from buying games since 2011.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-CF4FA376AD5AC1F7 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Dr Dogg

Garden Warfare for under $5 and some other stuff I own or have a passing interest? Sure I'll bite. I know EA are doing this again to boost Origin's install base but fair play for not taking any money.

Lomax

Don't see that happening, it rarely happens with any HB bundle (weekly excluding), and this is a good one, so definitely not.

Dropping price though is more about the tier balance than overall quality. It seems like we'll see a lot of $1 purchases that may not jump to the BTA, which is why it continues to drift down. I'm sure it will bottom out at some point, but I could see it continuing to drop until some big donor drops a bunch of money on it "for charity." I agree that it seems unlikely it will make it all the way down to $4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom