• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
two leftovers from an old giveaway

nightsky -- MB-C37C3B911268631C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 4 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-6CA2546EDD9F6C0F

ExoSoul

Banned
The new GamesPlanet Spring Sale titles:

• [*] Borderlands GOTY 80% off
    [*] Borderlands 2 GOTY 80% off
  • Shadow of Moredoors 50% off
  • Lords of the Fallen 60% off
  • Metro 2033 Redux 55% off
  • Metro Last Light Redux 55% off
  • Hitman Collection 78% off
  • Risen Franchise Pack 75% off
  • Call of Duty Advanced Woofwear 25% off
  • Street Fighter IV Ultra 53% off
  • Deponia 85% off
  • Football Manager 2015 40% off
  • Batman Apples GOTY 75% off
  • GRID AUTOSPORT 78% off
  • Saints Row IV GOTC 77% off

This pains me
T_T

Also and completely unrelated: MKX's models look bad/lacklustre

Grief.exe

Dragon Age II with no Steam version is so tongue in cheek by EA.

AcVRXLD.png

Cities was a silent hit while Bloodborne was the expected and much anticipated hit, I think the ratio is fair.

Well, yeah.
No one expected Cities to be that popular in the first place.

Dragon Age II with no Steam version is so tongue in cheek by EA.

AcVRXLD.png

Regarding this bundle.
I just won Origin tier 1 bundle from Bernardo (thanks!), and redeemed it. However, it looks like I've already own a couple of the games in the bundle. Is it possible to get the keys of those games out of the bundle?

baterism

I asked for a port of Grandia 3. I know I'd buy that on PC since it never came out in Europe afaik and I forgot to import a copy back in the day.

I put Grandia 1, honestly I don't know jack about all the games. Dokuro? More like dokuwho.

Bring on all dat old JRPGs. It will be amazing when handheld PC with buttons finally happening.
Please stop screwing around with android, Nvidia.

Turfster

I just won Origin tier 1 bundle from Bernardo (thanks!), and redeemed it. However, it looks like I've already own a couple of the games in the bundle. Is it possible to get the keys of those games out of the bundle?

Nope, you get multiples in your library.
Yup.

MUnited83

For you.
It's Origin.
I'm not excluding any possibility =p

I already owned two copies of DA:O on Origin(and one copy of DA:O Ultimate). One came from the initial Humble Origin Bundle, the other was the key provided with the Steam version. I didn't get a new entry for DA with this bundle :p

Quoting myself from the GTAV thread. A friend of mine asked me this question.
Can anyone here help?

Is it possible to inject R* version of GTA V to Steam version?
Can I just copy the files to the steam game folder?

That's not what I mean.
For example, my friend has a R* version of the game, and I have a Steam version. My friend have downloaded the game and play that version, while I've just bought the game. Can I copy R* version files to Steam so I don't have to download the 60gb files?

Jawmuncher

Quoting myself from the GTAV thread. A friend of mine asked me this question.
Can anyone here help?

You'll probably be the first person to so it so you might as well try it. You would need to ask someone to show the directory so you can compare with the R* version to see if they are indeed the same file wise. This sort of thing has worked in the past but it's a case by case thing.

It should technically work, possibly with a quick verify and a redownload of redist/steam exes.

You'll probably be the first person to so it so you might as well try it. You would need to ask someone to show the directory so you can compare with the R* version to see if they are indeed the same file wise. This sort of thing has worked in the past but it's a case by case thing.

Probably. Steam will check the files and redownload the ones that are different.

Hmm, I guessed as much. He'll need to download at least a few mbs or even gbs to verify and match the files. It seems that no one has done it before.
I think it wouldn't hurt to try anyway. Thanks.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Barter Empire -- MB-4115E21F863D9332 - Taken by dot

Salsa

MKX shitty launch am cry, new character coming to Skullgirls free for 3 months again

and his alts are fucking batman and striker

LRVfJzY.jpg

yesss

Backlogger

EXTRAS

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Eufloria HD -- MB-89781697345A5E11 - Taken by Maniac
Torchlight II -- MB-4620C4BDE2B3B2A4 - Taken by Servizio
Solar Flux -- MB-33052AE90ADC37E0 - Taken by Naked Snake
La-Mulana -- MB-61AC18AD27CC123D - Taken by didamangi

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
PC modding not possible for GTA 5?

Everyone knows how big modding was for GTA4.

However for GTA5 it looks like Rockstar really locked it down.

I asked Boris who makes those ENB graphics mods for Skyrim, GTA4 and heaps of other games and he just said this:

I was wrong. Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA5, so at this moment impossible to do anything via editing game files. All my buddies modders share the same opinion, that GTA is short living like any other game whithout mods, so i do not care about modding it unless:
1) modding will be possible by changes in future patches or when drm and encryption will be hacked.
2) when game will have stable patch which works for every player.
3) i don't see much potency to modify the game, just a few minor changes without "wow" effects, just make it possible to tweak everything is definetly not for first day players, so better give it some time and see, perhaps game will be dead very soon (see p1).
4) at this moment i have so many problems, that first question is for me how not finish in suicide.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since I've been out of the loop I have to ask, we recommending G2A now?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm surprised he's down on the prospects of modding GTA5.

I was surprised by how many mods/hacks I saw for the console version, and the file formats for GTA4/MaxPayne 3 are pretty well understood by now I thought.

Well, if there's one game that'll get a laser like focus on being broken open, it'll be GTA5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom