• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't rockstar praise modding recently?

Not that I'm aware of, but it has posted news articles of notable mods on the very odd occasion over the years. That some took this to mean mod support for GTAV was a given was quite the leap of logic, though, as R* has never done anything to facilitate mod development.

Tizoc

Ummm
Owners: 1,148,134 ± 58,589
Players in the last 2 weeks: 552,138 ± 40,682 (48.09%)
http://steamspy.com/app/271590

GTA5 has been on pre-order for MONTHS much more than Cities Skylines, I find it hard to believe that it sold 1 mil copies in 1 day, yet in the past months it only had 100K purchases :p

Lol @ the outrage about MKX that turned out to be bullshit.
Not surprised tbh, people love jumping into conclusions.

What was it this time? The Koins thing or the online thing?

Khronico

I don't know how much more Dragon Age 2 I can handle. I'm 3 hrs in and I can't stand any of the party members except Varric. Merrill is the fan pandering Awkward Cute Female™ character, Fenris is fanfiction level edgy grimdark tripe, Carver is a nothing character, and Aveline is passably OK. The only redeeming thing about the entire game so far is Varric.

Seriously though, Fenris and Merrill are actively making me hate this game. They are the WORST. I HATE these types of characters. I don't even have them in my party, but even knowing they EXIST in this game makes me angry. UGH

Not only that, the choice stuff so far has been pretty bad. I've made choices where immediately after making them another character will just wave away my decision by almost literally saying 'no but do it tho'.

giphy.gif

THEN WHY GIVE ME A CHOICE IF YOU IMMEDIATELY DISMISS IT IN THE VERY NEXT PIECE OF DIALOGUE??????
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A ROLE PLAYING GAME???
WAS I MISTAKEN???

I could be playing a dozen different better games right now.

dex3108

10 hours later Social Club still haven't finished downloading last 4GB for GTA V. I can't believe that they didn't do anything on server side since last night. At least i am close i have 80MB left. Download that should last 12 hours now is entering 31st hour.

I don't know how much more Dragon Age 2 I can handle. I'm 3 hrs in and I can't stand any of the party members except Varric. Merrill is the fan pandering Awkward Cute Female™ character, Fenris is fanfiction level edgy grimdark tripe, Carver is a nothing character, and Aveline is passably OK. The only redeeming thing about the entire game so far is Varric.

Seriously though, Fenris and Merrill are actively making me hate this game. They are the WORST. I HATE these types of characters. I don't even have them in my party, but even knowing they EXIST in this game makes me angry. UGH

Not only that, the choice stuff so far has been pretty bad. I've made choices where immediately after making them another character will just wave away my decision by almost literally saying 'no but do it tho'.

giphy.gif

THEN WHY GIVE ME A CHOICE IF YOU IMMEDIATELY DISMISS IT IN THE VERY NEXT PIECE OF DIALOGUE??????
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A ROLE PLAYING GAME???
WAS I MISTAKEN???

I could be playing a dozen different better games right now.
Welcome to Shit Mountain. Enjoy your stay.

But, seriously... it's a shitty game. Varric is terrible, the new art direction is terrible, the gameplay is terrible, the story is terrible; there's nothing good about it. Don't waste your time, go play something else. Even Dragon Age: Inquisition would be a better choice, and that's no ball of sunshine either.

If your life were Dragon Age 2, you would have three different options right now and all of them would end with you playing something other than Dragon Age 2.

Hyperbole on my part, it doesn't really anger me so much as annoys me.

As to why they annoy me: I really don't like the characters.

Merrill gets better later in the game. Her story quest is actually decent with meaningful choice.
Fenris, in the other hand, yeah he's hopeless. I don't even use him at all except for his story quest.
Varric is one of my favorite character in Bioware games, I'm glad he made a return in Inquisition.

Khronico

Welcome to Shit Mountain. Enjoy your stay.

But, seriously... it's a shitty game. Varric is terrible, the new art direction is terrible, the gameplay is terrible, the story is terrible; there's nothing good about it. Don't waste your time, play something else. Even Dragon Age: Inquisition would be a better choice, and that's no ball of sunshine either.

If your life were Dragon Age 2, you would have three different options right now and all of them would end with you playing something other than Dragon Age 2.

I don't even know if I want to play Inquisition, it looks like it has serious problems of it's own.

At least I now know the true horror that is DA2.

Merrill gets better later in the game. Her story quest is actually decent with meaningful choice.
Fenris, in the other hand, yeah he's hopeless. I don't even use him at all except for his story quest.
Varric is one of my favorite character in Bioware games, I'm glad he made a return in Inquisition.

I'm a sucker for the loveable rogue archetype in fiction so Varric was a fun party member for me.
As for Merrill... I'll just have to take your word for it. I did not like Tali either and Merrill is basically just the Dragon Age version of her.
Fenris is a character I would've made up as a teenager and thought was 'cool and edgy'.

baterism

Is it possible, that the coming soon game in origin bundle be Titanfall?

Well, now I just need to download and install origin again. Last time it wiped when I accidentally format my HDD ( I wanted to format my flashdisk, but somehow my D that got formatted). It was not missed, though.

Oh, GAFs love affair with hating the DA franchise.

I love DA franchise. <3

Well, now I just need to download and install origin again. Last time it wiped when I accidentally format my HDD ( I wanted to format my flashdisk, but somehow my D that got formatted). It was not missed, though.

Did you grab the free season pass the other day?
I hope so, I'd play it if it's in a bundle.

JaseC

Bundling it would be a good way to boost player numbers for three days.

Oh, GAFs love affair with hating the DA franchise.

Dragon Age: Origins is great, if a little muddy and repetitive. However, sitting next to DA2 or DAI it suddenly becomes a masterpiece. How Bioware managed to screw up the formula so much is something we may never know.

Oh, Bioware.

wazoo

Thanks Bernardo!

So, Bloodborne sold for 1 million thread got 800 replies while Cities Skyline only got 71 replies.
I guess it's the fair percentage of each system popularity/owner on Gaf.

1/ GAF is mainly a console gaming forum (as you can see we have ONE only thread for steam, whereas there are countless threads talking about the new hair color of Peach everyday)

2/ fanboys. BloodBorn is basically a ps4 fanboy weapon due to its exclusivity status. The thread may have 800 replies, please remove all "OMG, GOTY" and "Please, take my money" type of interventions. City Skyline does not benefit from such exposition and support.

3/ BloodBorn is the sequel of a good and expected series. City Skyline is an unexpected success.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-06BA913B3880873F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-2DAC9BFE84D2C79C - Taken by eyeless. 27 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dragon Age Origin -- MB-A5B0774B146D1616 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.

t1429122072z1.png

Dsyndrome

Inquisition wan't too bad, more MMO than I would've liked, but not bad. Since I didn't play on PC, I did not have to worry about hair product issues. Wish it would've been on STEAM and not Origin, only game I have on there is the free Syndicate.

Knurek

header.jpg

Game 50 of the year finished, ya all.
Primordia is great, hits the spot on all accounts. Pretty much my favorite WadjetEye game on Steam.
(Although I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the same voice actors over and over again. I wish they'd look into some other folks other than Joey/Rosangela/Bastion narrator).

JaseC

header.jpg

Primordia is great, hits the spot on all accounts. Pretty much my favorite WadjetEye game on Steam.
(Although I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the same voice actors over and over again. I wish they'd look into some other folks other than Joey/Rosangela/Bastion narrator).

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get around to playing this.

header.jpg

I should add this to my wishlist.

EA Korea posted the full Humble Origin Bundle games list. Found it from steamgifts

DRuPE5Q.jpg

RG0BS1U.gif

I don't doubt that it sold a million so far, my friends are buying it even though it is stupidly expensive here in Turkey, but steamspy relies on statistical data, it may not give accurate numbers just after release.

The 300000 concurrent most definitely points to it being a million seller. And considering that it's only sold on Steam on the Steam store itself, I can't even imagine how much it sold on day 1 + preorders.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delusibeta, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bejeweled 3 (Steam) -- MB-CFB5AAF09A66D20F - Taken by Bayonetta. 10 entrants total.

t1429127473z1.png

Arthea

wait... not a single N4S game? booooo

well, I bought it for Garden Warfare anyway, paying $6 instead of 20€, so it's all well.
If only it had some singleplay, needing 20+ people to play a game isn't that good idea as far as my experiences go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom