• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Has as much chance as the MCC.

I'm still waiting on the MCC to PC that'll never come.

I'm not holding my breath unless they use it to push the Windows 10 game store stuff.

As always, I just want the current PC versions of Gears of War, Halo 2, and Halo 1 fixed up and rereleased.

Let console players have their exclusives, just give us the games that already exist but are fundamentally broken.

chronomac

STEAM | May 2015 - All our mods are free...to ban you

Has anyone heard anything else about the wireless Xbox One controller adapter? It was mentioned weeks ago and then nothing.

Turfster

Apparently, Evil Within is terribly optimized.

Evil Within is terrible across the board, period.

Also:

Daily Infested Planet 67% off

Jump/Boxer keys now available at IGS
Hypt keys now available for Groupees BAGB21
Blue Rose keys now available for Groupees BAGB16
Siralim keys now available for Groupees BAGB7

GetGamesGo has a Warner sale, which has Moredoor 60% off

Humble weekend Racing

Backlogger

As always, I just want the current PC versions of Gears of War, Halo 2, and Halo 1 fixed up and rereleased.

Let console players have their exclusives, just give us the games that already exist but are fundamentally broken.

Yeah, it seems to me they could make a lot of money releasing the classic or original versions of their old exclusives on Steam without too much work. But hey, what do I know?

Evil Within is terrible across the board, period.

You're terrible across the board, period.

Knowing you, you're trying to play it with a kb/m... >_>

If not for the GFWL removal from Dark Souls and my ensuing Dark Souls PC playthrough late last year, TEW was my 2014 GOTY (followed by MGR:R and Yaiba).

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Drew and the Floating Labyrinth -- MB-EE47455C3E785CCB - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-2BE9A5A79A2E254C - Taken by texhnolyze
Stranded -- MB-AC6C59B9C8E31B79 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 6 entrants total.
DEADLY PREMONITION: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT -- MB-DA92F00B4462501A - Taken by someguyinahat. 8 entrants total.
David -- MB-7CC49ED831883B5F - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Train Town -- MB-64232BBFF951FF98 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Seven Kingdoms 2 HD -- MB-3FC19948A42B6A9A - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-F92A1A61C885F7FC - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Trainz Trouble -- MB-6968DBECE7C9BC0E - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Slinki (used?) -- MB-9DDFD8D4D5EF2A52 - Taken by Tizoc
One Night -- MB-49D8B3530A436F63 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1429920756z1.png

Grief.exe

Yeah, it seems to me they could make a lot of money releasing the classic or original versions of their old exclusives on Steam without too much work. But hey, what do I know?

As always, these type of rereleases would be profitable, but would be a drop in the bucket at a large corporation like Microsoft. Difficult to get someone championing a release internally if it is just a small earner.

Kb/m bad for a TPS?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As always, these type of rereleases would be profitable, but would be a drop in the bucket at a large corporation like Microsoft. Difficult to get someone championing a release internally if it is just a small earner.

That Disney came around still feels like a bit of a dream. If only it'd stop sitting on Stubbs.

I pretty much bought every bundle for an entire year one year and grew my game list by around 1000 games if not more. I still buy bundles occasionally but only if it has at least 1 game I really want or has 2-3 games that I kind of want and doesn't have a lot of duplicates. I feel like I have saved more money this way. If I had more spending money I would probably still do it. I liked doing a lot of giveaways on GAF for the dupes, but having kids makes you have less money it seems so here we are. ;)

Yeah, my bundle buying has kind of tapered off as well. I still see a fair few duplicates, and there haven't been many games that have caught my attention in a few weeks. I still buy them, but like you, I'm a bit more judicious about my selections.

Turfster

If not for the GFWL removal from Dark Souls and my ensuing Dark Souls PC playthrough late last year, TEW was my 2014 GOTY (followed by MGR:R and Yaiba).

Why you gotta be so mean, frostbro?
But seriously, it's baaaaad.
Shitty camera. Shitty 'stealth'. Shitty AI. Worst idTech pop-in ever with tiny tiny zones. Least scary or atmospheric "horror" game ever.

Wish I hadn't wasted my money on it as quite possibly my last game buy of the year, even at like 75% off =p

ExoSoul

Banned
STEAM | May 2015 - We are the 25%

Caffeine pills are not a proper substitute for aspirin with regards to headaches.

Depending on the reason behind your headache cafeine may be worse sice it'll cause more blood to flow to your head. Do you have them often?

rtcn63

Depending on the reason behind your headache cafeine may be worse sice it'll cause more blood to flow to your head. Do you have them often?

Nyet. I think it's because of dehydration, I normally drink quite a bit of water, but I was busy running errands this morning.

Dr Dogg

'Go play The Elder Scrolls Online' he says. 'Best MMO I've played in ages' was touted as a selling point. Well after the mammoth 55 gig download the bloody launcher only wants to download another flipping 48.1gb. This better be greatly improved over the beta shackles.

Yeah, It's quite flexible with all the shortcuts the right-click provides.

Yes.

And using win+s is faster than navigating a start menu anyway.

I hated the new Windows at first, like everyone else, so I used Start8 by Stardock for awhile. But after I embraced the change, I'm absolutely fine with the new stuff.

It's still got some issues for me but 8.1 is waaay better than 7 as a media/gaming focused PC OS. From my time with 10 everything I have gripes with are fixed and there's some really useful features for both productivity and media consumption.

I just had a look at what Sir Clive Sinclair was doing and discovered, to my amazement, that a new Sinclair ZX Spectrum, the Vega, has actually been developed with IndieGogo money, and is available to buy as of today.

I so want one.

I remember seeing something about that in January. Controller looked sweet. My 48K hopefully is still round my mum's house but I get the feeling that by now all the tapes will have degraded.

Backlogger

'Go play The Elder Scrolls Online' he says. 'Best MMO I've played in ages' was touted as a selling point. Well after the mammoth 55 gig download the bloody launcher only wants to download another flipping 48.1gb. This better be greatly improved over the beta shackles.

That reminds me. Isn't this the free weekend for previous beta participants? I better get that download started...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

That download seems... excessive. I mean, my whole ESO folder is sitting at like 43GB.

Either way, it's a great game hope you like it.

Khronico

Why you gotta be so mean, frostbro?
But seriously, it's baaaaad.
Shitty camera. Shitty 'stealth'. Shitty AI. Worst idTech pop-in ever with tiny tiny zones. Least scary or atmospheric "horror" game ever.

Wish I hadn't wasted my money on it as quite possibly my last game buy of the year, even at like 75% off =p

After having watched a full LP of Evil Within a year ago and tons of other footage, I have to agree Turf, Evil Within looks mediocre at best.

That download seems... excessive. I mean, my whole ESO folder is sitting at like 43GB.

All this talk of ESO made me add it to my wishlist...

Dr Dogg

That reminds me. Isn't this the free weekend for previous beta participants? I better get that download started...

I've had a few emails about it this past week so maybe. I know there's a discount voucher in one of them for previous beta participants.

I think the issue is that I started to download it prior to going buy2play (meant to redeem my key a month beforehand and get some playtime in but life got in the way). So I think I'm essentially downloading the whole thing again.

JaseC

damn... Dungeons II is only $17 on Nuuvem. They have to tempt me so?

edited: btw Sniper GW trilogy is $2 on Nuuvem now and Lords of the Fallen - $15, cheapest it have been?

edit2: linkie
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fds-cigames

FYI, Nuuvem now looks to your PayPal billing info to determine purchase eligibility on "region-locked" games (i.e. PayPal is no longer an option for enterprising international users). There's a small chance a credit/debit card will still work, though.

Arthea

FYI, Nuuvem now looks to your PayPal billing info to determine purchase eligibility on "region-locked" games (i.e. PayPal is no longer an option for enterprising international users). There's a small chance a credit/debit card will still work, though.

Are you saying Dungeons II is region locked? I haven't noticed nothing about it on Nuuvem.
I usually don't buy region locked games on Nuuvem anyway, as I don't want to use VPN.

DK master race? Donkey Kong for PC confirmed!

DK is dungeon keeper and nothing else, nothing! never!

JaseC

Are you saying Dungeons II is region locked? I haven't noticed nothing about it on Nuuvem.
I usually don't buy region locked games on Nuuvem anyway, as I don't want to use VPN.

I'm saying that Nuuvem's selection is now a lot thinner for those outside of Brazil and "x is cheaper on Nuuvem" is about to become an archaic phrase, but since you don't buy purchase-restricted games the point is moot (Dungeons 2 is available worldwide, by the way).

The Evil Within is a challenging game that actually forces you to pay attention to the environment and the enemies within it so it's not surprising that some people don't like it. Still not sure what's awful about the stealth, the fact that enemies actually hear if you kill someone while they're 2 feet away? Or that if you run across the map enemies eventually forget you like every other stealth game ever made because permanent alarm states would be maddening.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think the issue is that I started to download it prior to going buy2play (meant to redeem my key a month beforehand and get some playtime in but life got in the way). So I think I'm essentially downloading the whole thing again.

In the mean time, you could be writing your recommendation for Wolfenstein for next month's thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom