• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Just bought it, you don't get the key until release. Wish I had known that before I ordered, that's plenty of time for region lock shenanigans to happen...

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Well, the purchase doesn't require a VPN, does it? Because if it doesn't Nuuvem will have no issues refunding you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To its credit, the ESO online seems to avoid this problem by offering actual quests. On the other hand it is a modern ES game... so sorry Jshackles but I don't believe that could result in anything remotely good.

No need to apologize, even in my own praise for the game I pointed out that this is very much an Elder Scrolls game. If you like Elder Scrolls games, you'll probably like ESO. If not, then it's probably not for you.

You're right though that comparing the quests of the two games really is night and day. In addition to Final Fantasy XIV not having voice acting for the majority of it's quests, they also get pretty generic and repetitive in a hurry. In contrast, last night I played some ESO where I happened upon a town where all of the NPCs were complaining that people were being kidnapped. Some were next to packed wagons, getting ready to move to a different city. I had to investigate on my own and find out what was going on before finally finding the bandit cave where they were being held. The whole ordeal probably involved about 30 minutes of quality voice acting from about 14 unique NPCs. And of course this is just one of many little side-adventures I've encountered in the game. It's all much more fluid and engaging than "bring me 14 rat hides".

You're right though that comparing the quests of the two games really is night and day. In addition to Final Fantasy XIV not having voice acting for the majority of it's quests, they also get pretty generic and repetitive in a hurry. In contrast, last night I played some ESO where I happened upon a town where all of the NPCs were complaining that people were being kidnapped. Some were next to packed wagons, getting ready to move to a different city. I had to investigate on my own and find out what was going on before finally finding the bandit cave where they were being held. The whole ordeal probably involved about 30 minutes of quality voice acting from about 14 unique NPCs. And of course this is just one of many little side-adventures I've encountered in the game. It's all much more fluid and engaging than "bring me 14 rat hides".

That does sound a lot better. It'll be interesting to see where the genre goes. Having quests like this that effect the whole world (for everybody) would make for an engaging experience.

STEAM | May 2015 - steam

I guess that would be a nice gesture to bring the two warring camps (Morningbus and every single other person who has ever posted in the steam thread) back together.

Was there ever a Steam Thread title like this?

STEAM | May 2015 - Let off some Steam Bennett

Begs to be used. But with almost every month some drama coming up, it would be used indefinetely ;)

Parsnip

So next week I'll be posting up the May OT I've been working on. Here are the people who have put down for game recommendations:
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Dr Dogg
  • Neon Struct - turfster
  • Magicka 2 - MRORANGE
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - zkylon
  • Axiom Verge - toddhunter
  • Not A Hero - r3n4ud
If you haven't already, please send me your recommendations by the middle of next week.

If you'd like to write a recommendation for a game that's not listed here and is releasing on Steam in May, feel free to send me a PM.

I was just looking at May releases, and there really isn't a whole lot that's on my radar, outside of those ones. I'm surprised you aren't writing one for FF4 After Years yourself, or is it so bad that you wouldn't recommend it? :p

Someone needs to write something about those Chip's Challenge games.

Ozium

Well seeing as Valve and by proxy Steam is finished now, you folks should all buy a WiiU if you don't own one already. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks ridonculious!!!

10797838.gif

Just bought it, you don't get the key until release. Wish I had known that before I ordered, that's plenty of time for region lock shenanigans to happen...

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Warner isn't in the habit of region locking their Steam CD keys. Unless that policy changes in the next few weeks, you should be fine.

Wish I had money for Killing Floor 2 right now. Those guns....

GMG just sent out coupons which you can use to get 25% off on KF2... three days after release...

derExperte

Tripwire updated the KF2 EULA.

http://store.steampowered.com//eula/232090_eula_0

Your Mods must be distributed for free, period. Neither you, nor any other person or party, may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for receiving or using them without prior written consent from Tripwire Interactive. You may exchange them at no charge among other end users and distribute them to others over the Internet, on magazine cover disks, or otherwise for free.

Kifimbo

It's Friday night.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tiestru -- MB-04E66B46667C291A - Taken by bluechox2
Year Walk -- MB-71931F0E89FC05E8 - Taken by Blu(e)

Lain

That does sound a lot better. It'll be interesting to see where the genre goes. Having quests like this that effect the whole world (for everybody) would make for an engaging experience.

You'd need real AI that lives their lives in these worlds, with their own problems and needs, so we wouldn't have to go through scripted events. Then they could remove the re-spawning (for both NPCs/MOBs and players) and finally have a non-static world that's affected as much by the player as well as the digital life inhabiting it. I think I'd like to try playing a MMO like that.

You'd need real AI that lives their lives in these worlds, with their own problems and needs, so we wouldn't have to go through scripted events. Then they could remove the re-spawning (for both NPCs/MOBs and players) and finally have a non-static world that's affected as much by the player as well as the digital life inhabiting it. I think I'd like to try playing a MMO like that.

I remember how Oblivion did exactly that! Then we learned it was all bullshit.

Something like Ultima 8 or 9 could have been this... but then EA happened and modern gaming.

Maybe in 100 more years. Sigh.

Apparently at least one mod has gone with terrible F2P tactics already, with the free version having pop ups every X spell casts telling you to buy the paid version.

RIP Mods, 19XX-2015.

Just a thread about a list of 50 best strategy games by RPS. As always some people complained about it no having a console exclusive game without paying attention to tge fact that RPS only cover PC games.

That doesn't explain how RPS forgot to include the actual good PC strategy games.

That doesn't explain how RPS forgot to include the actual good PC strategy games.

I think the biggest problem of the article is how it's worded, by naming it "The 50 Best Strategy Games Ever Made" implies that this is the one list to rule them own, but as any piece that classifies and put games in a certain it's totally subjective and varies according the authors tastes.

I don't know why they didn't include high acclaimed games like C&C or AoE II, maybe the author didn't played them or didn't liked them at all.

Teeth

I thought Asylum and City were fine. Origins was just kinda broke all around.
Considering the delays I would hope not.

City had some mad stuttering and DX11 was completely fucked. I don't remember Asylum's launch. Also, sky high system requirements; that's usually a sign of pushing it on the technical side.

I just have a feeling.

Mordor was fine, so maybe WB can make their parties play nice together (though I have a feeling they keep them pretty separated, even if they all like their rhythm brawler combat.

Salsa

One thing I can guarantee about Arkham Knight:

It will be completely BROKEN on PC at launch.

only one that was really kinda broken at launch was Origins and that was a different developer

City had some specific issues with DX11 but that was hardly "BROKEN" at all

Parsnip

Just watched the latest Broken Age docu episode.
Having one project canceled on top of the growing Majesco money issues, no wonder they had to let some people go late last year.
Also crunch is brutal and unhealthy.

But all I can now think about is the unannounced game they also have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom