• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Evil Within is a challenging game that actually forces you to pay attention to the environment and the enemies within it so it's not surprising that some people don't like it. Still not sure what's awful about the stealth, the fact that enemies actually hear if you kill someone while they're 2 feet away?

The messed up FoV screws with any vision that the Evil Within may have had.

Also idTech 5 sucks.

Turfster

The Evil Within is a challenging game that actually forces you to pay attention to the environment and the enemies within it so it's not surprising that some people don't like it. Still not sure what's awful about the stealth, the fact that enemies actually hear if you kill someone while they're 2 feet away? Or that if you run across the map enemies eventually forget you like every other stealth game ever made because permanent alarm states would be maddening.

Uh... no? The fact that you can get spotted and run 5 feet, then crouch and suddenly you're boom invisible again, so invisible that the AI will actually run into you for a while before giving up the search.

I would like a Steam redesign of the entire library. There has to be a way they can make some sort of drop-n-drag system.

I don't know how to organize my games.

I am thinking of having the following groups:

completed

currently playing (for completed games I still play, for multiplayer games I play actively)

trash and abandoned (for games I dislike, for tests, for weird things appearing in library)

some sort of group for episodic games (telltale, broken age, adventure games and so on)

indie folder (for all the games that is indie and still interested in)

free 2 play folder (for the free 2 play time wasters - ghost recon, tera, nosgoth and so on)

paused (the games I am taking a break for)

Is this too many groups you think for organizing?

The messed up FoV screws with any vision that the Evil Within may have had.

Also idTech 5 sucks.
The FOV is a complete non-issue and something people use as an excuse to complain about not wanting to actually pay attention to what they're playing. If anything it makes it easier because there's more space on the sides so you can see enemies approaching. If it really is an issue for some people you can adjust it on the PC, not the first time consoles hurt the experience of a game. The console version's performance issues seem to be the much more prevalent issue. If you're one of the very rare people who actually get nausea because of differing FoVs you aren't playing on consoles anyway.

Uh... no? The fact that you can get spotted and run 5 feet, then crouch and suddenly you're boom invisible again, so invisible that the AI will actually run into you for a while before giving up the search.
The early enemies are slow in general, later enemies are much more aggressive and will actually pursue you for longer periods. What you're describing sounds like a bug(enemy running into you without reacting), certainly something I never experienced. It's also difficulty dependent

Kiru

1429911614975.png

love it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's no objectively correct answer; people have their preferences. Personally, I don't bother with categories at all unless I've added a non-Steam shortcut, in which case it's categorised as such ("Non-Steam") so it doesn't sit amongst my actual Steam games.

Trying to beat Civ Beyond Earth on Apollo feels like I'm punching myself in the groin, repeatedly. I hate hate hate the standard Civ V A.I. difficulty bonuses in Beyond Earth. The A.I. starts with a number of free technologies, a free point in each affinity, a bunch of free military units, a free settler, free scouts, no health penalties, they can settle cities wherever, not worry about developing any tiles, they have crazy reduced research and production time, a high cap on their military units, if they have one at all. Now this may sound exactly Civ V Deity, but there's one minor difference. The research bonuses means the A.I. can get Affinity points faster, which means they get Affinity upgrades incredibly fast. When you get to a new Affinity tier, the upgrade is global. The units do not have to be in your territory, you do not have to pay a fee to upgrade them, they're just upgraded globally. For example, you can be in the middle of a war, fighting tier 2 units that magically become tier 3 units on the next turn and wipe you out.

I just have to beat it once and then I don't have to play Apollo again.

Shepard

Don't know if it was already posted, but Arkham Knight is currently 20% off on Nuuvem, steam key and doesnt seem to be region locked too. R$79,99.

I tried setting categories with steam once and they would randomly open and close and it just seemed like a terrible time. Need to try some of the external set up programs at some point, have enough games now that scrolling through them takes forever.

Does anyone know how steam determines what game to show when you first load it? Often times it's not the last game I played but the one or even several before I shut my computer down.

Jawmuncher

Don't know if it was already posted, but Arkham Knight is currently 20% off on Nuuvem, steam key and doesnt seem to be region locked too. R$79,99.

27ish bucks for Arkham knight i'm about to jump on. But my Graphics card being minimum requirement standard (While the rest exceeds it) kills me.

Kagemusha

I would like a Steam redesign of the entire library. There has to be a way they can make some sort of drop-n-drag system.

I don't know how to organize my games.

I am thinking of having the following groups:

completed

currently playing (for completed games I still play, for multiplayer games I play actively)

trash and abandoned (for games I dislike, for tests, for weird things appearing in library)

some sort of group for episodic games (telltale, broken age, adventure games and so on)

indie folder (for all the games that is indie and still interested in)

free 2 play folder (for the free 2 play time wasters - ghost recon, tera, nosgoth and so on)

paused (the games I am taking a break for)

You can hide games as well by ticking a box in categories.

KB Mouse ONLY
Feature: Workshop
Category: Online
Category: Single Player
Genre: Real Time Dungeons
Barf (games that need FOV fix)
GeDoSaTO (games that are supported by Flawless Widescreen, Widescreen Fixer or other Utilities)

Knurek

header.jpg

Wrapped up Skyborn.
Had way more fun with it than my recent FF6Advance playthrough. Took about 10 hours to full clear, which is a solid plus for me - who has the time for 20+ hour monstrosities?
Highly recommended to people looking for a good jRPG.

Jawmuncher

Does anyone have any recommendations for good MMOs?

The last one I enjoyed was really Mists of Pandaria. Not a fan of the lack of content in Warlords of Draenor.

I guess you missed the last handful of pages talking about Elder Scrolls Online.
If not that then probably FF14.

The last one I enjoyed was really Mists of Pandaria. Not a fan of the lack of content in Warlords of Draenor.

The Old Republic is fun if you want to spend 100 hours playing through a 15 hour RPG. And there's over a half dozen campaigns!

I really want to go back to the Old Republic at some point because there was some great content to be had but as Lurker mentions there's so much mmo bullshit you have to wade through to get to it. Plus I heard they butchered Reven in one of the later updates.

Jawmuncher

I really want to go back to the Old Republic at some point because there was some great content to be had but as Lurker mentions there's so much mmo bullshit you have to wade through to get to it. Plus I heard they butchered Reven in one of the later updates.

Considering he has a canonical face now, that's more than enough of a butcher.

Grief.exe

FFXIV seems to get tons of good word of mouth, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

The Old Republic is fun if you want to spend 100 hours playing through a 15 hour RPG. And there's over a half dozen campaigns!

That sounds terrible.

I played it during the final beta before release, it was terrible.

rtcn63

Didn't/doesn't Anderson suffer from physical problems (back issues or something), which is why he stopped being a regular on Stargate?

I don't have the money, SDD space, or bandwidth. :(

Also need dat gamepad support.

I think Bethesda has mentioned considering gamepad support for the PC version but only after the console versions launch...at least that's what I saw on their forums about it the last time I checked

FFXIV seems to get tons of good word of mouth, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I gave FF14 a good go.

It is really well done and if you want a MMO then I think it is a very solid choice. However it is still a MMO to its core in all the worst ways.

You'll be killing 6 of something, then killing 7 of something, then killing something until it drops 8 of something that you can hand in with 9 of something else.

Rinse and repeat until you are completely dead inside.

How people pay for these things I'll never know. There are just so many great gaming experiences out there... and you can always go see your friends at a pub after. To its credit, the ESO online seems to avoid this problem by offering actual quests. On the other hand it is a modern ES game... so sorry Jshackles but I don't believe that could result in anything remotely good.

Just bought it, you don't get the key until release. Wish I had known that before I ordered, that's plenty of time for region lock shenanigans to happen...

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom