• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anywho I must say the patented Stallion Free 'Beat and Delete' method is working wonders on my storage space. Started the year with 51 games installed and 10gb free on my games drive but I'm down to 39 now and about 320gb free. Might have cleaned it out mostly by the end of the year.

I think Nabs gets credit for that one, but yeah it's a lifechanger. I haven't looked back since Nabs opened my eyes.

Annubis

I can't delete DOS because of 2.0 incoming one day.
I can't delete Sunrider because of the last third of the story coming one day.
I can't delete TitS because I'm afraid it'll screw with my save transfer for TitS 2
I can't delete ...

I think I'm doing it wrong.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Del Toro needs a quality project to get an Oscar to complete the trinity.

He had one and executed it perfectly. It's called Pan's Labyrinth and it is better than anything the two men standing next to him have ever directed and is vastly superior to both of their Oscar winning projects artistically, visually, acting-wise, and narratively.

Yeah, but no Spacey, that's a step down.

I'll trade Spacey for this any day of the week:

brAqZiw.jpg

Jawmuncher

I dunno, doesn't look so super futuristic to me. Also some textures look weak for being a Current Gen-only game.

Everyday life. Come on if this didn't have the Blops 3 logo on it, everyone would have thought it was AW. I don't mind, but it's pretty futuristic.
It's especially funny because AW already had the artificial limbs in it as well.

Jawmuncher

It is funny how Treyarch went from a secondary to the main for COD developers. Have never seen someone taking another IP and making it their own, and succeeding.

Momentary

Banned
Those look like legit screenshots...

Anyway. My 360 controller finally bit the dust. Should I go with X1 or PS4? Is there PC specific X1 controller and do both use bluetooth?

Anteater

speaking of konami

I think it's been almost 2 decades since I last played twinbee, now i feel like playing it

and Prince of Persia 2008 runs super good, I mean I know it's old but still

Jawmuncher

Those look like legit screenshots...

Anyway. My 360 controller finally bit the dust. Should I go with X1 or PS4? Is there PC specific X1 controller and do both use bluetooth?

PS4 uses bluetooth. X1 is wired only and has a wireless receiver coming later this year for PC. Go to gamestop and mess with the controllers if you haven't played with them yet.

Momentary

Banned
PS4 uses bluetooth. X1 is wired only and has a wireless receiver coming later this year for PC. Go to gamestop and mess with the controllers if you haven't played with them yet.

Damn. Do I have to use programs to get the PS4 controller to work? I really want to stick with X1 since it seems like it would be familiar. I don't want to dive into uncharted waters until the Steam Controller hit.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Damn. Do I have to use programs to get the PS4 controller to work? I really want to stick with X1 since it seems like it would be familiar. I don't want to dive into uncharted waters until the Steam Controller hit.

By default it's recognized as a D-Input controller and you can use DS4Windows for anything that requires x-input. I've been doing this just fine for about a year now.

I would just like red dead.
I always knew I liked you for a reason fishy :)
no, I haven't ... :(
I like you bro. Learn about new games, dev tweets etc. all from you.
Don't visit reddit or twitter, so you are a godsend.
Wish you get a tag soon for all your effort :)
#screenshotsaturday

(Make sure you click to enlarge - they're two different sizes!)

This week saw more assets come in and we've secured our background artist, whom we'll announce once they have something ready for us to show off! The biggest progress this week however, and the subject of this week's Screenshot Saturday, was when someone suggested last week's change of using larger portraits. After some thought and some back-and-forth, I set up two builds of the game - one with the original 800x600 res, the other in 1024x768. The larger resolution offered many advantages with only the one disadvantage that I had to redraw some of the UI elements because I was stupid and didn't make them proper vector files.

But now, we have the
second
prettiest girl in the school standing proud with what is now the new resolution and screen composition! The larger portraits let Sayara's smaller details come out better, give the game screen a much more dynamic feel, and the portraits are no longer 40% covered up by the text box! Hope to have more soon! <3
Nice!
thing on Steam other than their published titles.
With Sega at the helm, I am sure there is good
old
stuff on the way. Don't give up hope!
Before anyone asks
or this
A year ago would have been unimaginable.
actually - it got much "better" ;)
Not talking about paid mods itself but someone at Valve surely saw some backlash coming?
How are they handling this so bad?
Crazy.
Morning SteamGAF. Finally somebody figured out how to run GTA V non Steam version on Steam. You need to set both PlayGTA.exe and Steam to run as Administrator and then it will work. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRbTXTT4LEA
I don't quite understand. Is Steam Overlay not possible for every game anyway?
A2uehYy.png

Looks like they jumped straight into cyborg warfare.

Hello people.

Migrating (and while doing that, backing up) is such a time intensive work.
Would love some automated ability :/

Only a couple programs left. I was thinking of trying Crysis. After checking the "PC-threads" post I realized there is no Crysis-mod-thread. Sadface.
Edit: Dangnabit. Just found that exact thread. Must have missed it.

Win8.1 is pretty alright. When metro UI elements pop up at certain occasions it does look pretty weird and disjointed form the usual Windows experience though. Other than that I am liking the new Task Manager. So much information!

I asked yesteday but didn't get any tips, so I'll just re-ask.

What are neat Games, Demos, Engine-stuff you guys would recommend to try out. For visual fluff.
I remember with Unreal4 a slew of neat projects, demos having been talked on Gaf. It's been a long while and I didn't bookmark :(

Would appreciate some input. Hopefully soon I am gonna be more active here.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-A3936489A33C5636 - Taken by BigAT

Kiru

I remember with Unreal4 a slew of neat projects, demos having been talked on Gaf. It's been a long while and I didn't bookmark :(

Would appreciate some input. Hopefully soon I am gonna be more active here.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2369/unreal-engine-4-five-tech-demos/

I don't think these 2 are in the pack, so here you go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qGbn3OCAd8dU5RT1RKektra0k/edit (The one with the fire dude in armor)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qGbn3OCAd8TUJ6MmxzT0JKWVE/edit

Play Dark Souls.
Aw yes! Totally forgot about it.

Wonder how much improvement I will be seeing :3

Awesome!

Thanks nabs and kiru!

def sim

Does a wired X1 controller work the same way with games on PC as the 360 controller did?? Or do i need special installs.

It's xinput just like the 360 controller. If you don't have the latest drivers, connecting an Xbox One controller to your PC will do it automatically.

MUnited83

For you.
Making your own game requires creativity and may not necessarily get attention. Do you remember when Super Mario 64 was re-created in Unity? It got lots of people talking before it was pulled. That team could have so easily made a 3D platformer with their own character. They chose not to, probably because it wouldn't have garnered nearly as much attention and/or because they couldn't think of a good character to make. Ditto people who make Pokemon games in RPGMaker, or people who mod existing popular games.

I'm not saying that modding doesn't require creativity, don't get me wrong. But it's easier to adapt an existing property than it is generating a new one entirely.

The Super Mario 64 example doesn't really apply. He only recreated the first level, and he only did it to showcase his scripts and applying good platforming mechanics on Unity. He never intended to do a actual remake, just show off his work on platforming scripts.

Also, people who make Pokemon games in RPGMaker? Why would they do that? There's a darn huge modding community for Pokemon mods that actually use the Pokemon game engine, and it's actually pretty well developed in terms of tools and the like. Making a Pokemon game on RPGMaker sounds like unecessary work when you can very easily use the original game engine :)

Anteater

too bad call of duty games rarely drop much in price, I'd play the SP for some of them

black ops 3 trailer looks as corny as binary domain, which is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom