• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
mini-edit: I agree, it's a sad way of living. Which is why it's not really how I live, but it's how I lived, past-tense. :]
good on you for being a positive force den

now stop being a dumbo about league of legends and obsidian plss

Good thing Recettear is great!

... Even if it's animu ;3
what do you mean "even if it's animu" -__-

Every Falcom game should be played. :)
so ppl kept saying and then i played ys and i was like, ok enough of this game

game had potential but i ended up getting tired of it

Been playing Half-Life 2 with the new community update.
It's still as fun as ever. Gunplay feels nice.
I do prefer the secret underground science facility setting much more than the eastern european setting.

On GTA. Vice City gave me the most joy out of all entries. The fourth was also pretty cool. The city felt and looked just ginarmous and so real.

San Andreas sucks balls as ever. What a shit entry.

LuuKyK

I just posted about me buying Agarest some years ago on PSN and then went on and looked on Steam out of curiosity to see if it was available on there too, and not only did I discovered it was but also that a sequel exists.

Just bought it. ;-; No shame.

Sarcasm

On GTA. Vice City gave me the most joy out of all entries. The fourth was also pretty cool. The city felt and looked just ginarmous and so real.

San Andreas sucks balls as ever. What a shit entry.

Finally some one else who shared the same view point. Sa sucked and was buggy as heck. Though recent patch fixed most of everything. Topi bad sa is a chore and a bore.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Finally some one else who shared the same view point. Sa sucked and was buggy as heck. Though recent patch fixed most of everything. Topi bad sa is a chore and a bore.

no argument here
vice city was great because it seems the most cohesive in terms of setting and influences. the satire and gta's subversiveness really comes through.

zkylon

zkylewd
and you called me lewd. hypocrite.
:p

i'm not lewd

i'm zkylewd

Veggie no, please don't do this, I thought we were bros.

And zky doesn't like Ys?

Your both off my friends list >:|

maybe joking
i mean, i won't go out and say it's a bad game but myself being very much a story person i didn't find it entertaining enough to beat it

can't remember myself hating it, but i think there wasn't much in it for me

Khronico

i'm not lewd

i'm zkylewd

i mean, i won't go out and say it's a bad game but myself being very much a story person i didn't find it entertaining enough to beat it

can't remember myself hating it, but i think there wasn't much in it for me

That's fine, I can totally see where your coming from, Ys isn't very heavy on the story.

---

Huh. So 7 Days to Die got a massive update that moved the entire game onto Unity 5 (along with tons of gameplay features) and now it's completely broken. I can't even get to the main menu, it just freezes and I have to quit out. Apparently a TON of people are having game breaking issues as well. The developer just released a patch today but even then I still can't even get to the main menu. I guess I shouldn't be too angry since I willingly bought an early access game but still...

madjoki

Damn R* i crunching GTA V PC version really hard. I am sorry for the devs

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/history/

compiling.png

:)

Knurek

I'm enjoying Prototype 2 a lot so far. It's basically what 1 should have been in the first place.
Also Heller is so much more interesting than Mercer just because he's such an asshole. Make the game a lot of fun to see what he'll do next.]

What was wrong with Prototype 1, if I may ask?

Turfster

Everything.
It was a shit tier port too that didn't run or have audio on over half the systems out there, and they had to delete their PC forums because they were full of complaints about the shitness of it =p

Knurek

Everything.
It was a shit tier port too that didn't run or have audio on over half the systems out there, and they had to delete their PC forums because they were full of complaints about the shitness of it =p

I was asking about Prototype 1, not Prototype 2. :)
Can't be as shitty as Saints Row 2, can it?

argh im so salty that I'm 2 dollars short on my paypal for DA:I. I hope the sale isn't over by the time paypal processes the money. >_>

in other news, whats up guys! amiibos, mewtwo hype & type 0 has been keeping me away from my favorite community. <3

I get him. I don't like similar games but I am not oblivious to future trends. F2P, IAP are here not only to stay but also get into "normal" games. Business execs see the easy money in mobile and try to use it everywhere. It's understandable.
What I think Thomas meant was maybe how great games have to go through greenlight when "shit" like this does not.
Dunno. Maybe I am interpreting too much.
Also, it's always cool to see what devs think "for real" instead of their usual safe press talk. So more like this, please.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's fine, I can totally see where your coming from, Ys isn't very heavy on the story.
i eat recettear and chantelise up and those games are really silly but they had fun characters and humor and stuff, so it's not like im asking like planescape torment or whatever

in comparison ys felt uninspired and never really hooked me, none of the characters did anything for me or whatever

and gameplay i guess was fine but didn't pull the game either for me, and also felt too difficult for my taste

i can see how ppl can like it but yeah, not for me

so who cares what he says

iashman does <3

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Playing Dark Souls and I just found the Dark Sun Gwyndolin fight that I missed the first time I played the game. I think I was better off not knowing this fight existed, the idea of this fight is really lame, and he can 1 shot you like it's no thing. Pretty much a precursor to another horribly bad fight in Bloodborne except Gwyndolin is actually difficult and can kill you lol. I hate this bosses where you just chase the dude and try to get one hit in before he runs away again.

Edit: fuck it I'm done with this fight. This is gonna be the first time I ever give up on a boss in this series. This boss is up there with Pinwheel, this whole fight is shit

What are your stats/armor? I don't remember Gwyndolin being a risk for one shotting me at all. Perhaps come back to the boss once you've got better gear, or if you're getting one shotted anyway then use lighter gear for a better roll so you can dodge more effectively?

Yeah I find it odd when people try to do everything while the story is still on going. Just seems easier to knock out the story and than do the other stuff.

I'm the exact opposite. I want to be well equipped for the story missions so I never feel like I'm missing an opportunity for something. The first thing I did while playing Far Cry 4 was do all the radio towers I could, then complete all the hunting objectives and outposts I could, then do a bunch of side missions I liked, and finally do whatever side missions were required to get the signature weapons I wanted. I'm on like the 8th story mission now, and I did the vast majority of the open world exploring before you even make the first "story deicision" type choice between Amita and Sabal.

In open world games I really enjoy just being able to take advantage of the world around me and get my character as good as they can be. I did the exact same thing in Gat Outta Hell, spending the first ~2 hours just collecting the orbs.

HoosTrax

Talk about random. I was watching Top Gear on Netflix while playing DiRT3, and all of a sudden heard a song during the Burma Special episode that made me do a double take. Turns out it was the Sarn Encampment theme song from Path of Exile.

Not sure how that even happens. Unless their sound editor person is a gamer.

Might as well try out this cookie clicker-like game.

EDIT: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Get on my level.

Maniac

Banned
being broke means a lot of recettear :>

i dunno most of the gaf doters i've talked to are pretty nice. there's a few that are very angry about something i didn't have anything to do with and that isn't my fault and that happened a million years ago but can't all be perfect. similarly most ppl in lolgaf have been nice to me with the exception of calling me zkylewd but again gotta take the good with the bad

I find Dota and LoL's communities to be much like any other community, only there are a LOT MORE PEOPLE. And then the tons of awful, crap humanbeings tend to stand out more than the decent ones.
good on you for being a positive force den

now stop being a dumbo about league of legends and obsidian plss

what do you mean "even if it's animu" -__-

so ppl kept saying and then i played ys and i was like, ok enough of this game

game had potential but i ended up getting tired of it

What I mean? I mean that
I only said it to see your reaction ;3

Jawmuncher

Prototype was fine for the time but it hasn't aged well. Controls aren't very smooth when in hectic situations and the difficulty has really odd spikes. Not to mention one of the biggest issues was the sheer amount of shit you would deal with at once with no invincibility frames. Wasn't unheard of to get hit once and then repeatedly thrown around with very little time to get out of the loop. Prototype 2 thus far basically takes everything from 1 and polishes it to where it should have been in the first place.

Hugstable

Banned
What are your stats/armor? I don't remember Gwyndolin being a risk for one shotting me at all. Perhaps come back to the boss once you've got better gear, or if you're getting one shotted anyway then use lighter gear for a better roll so you can dodge more effectively?

It was more that he sometimes would stun lock me or something with all those arrows or the holy arrows, and then big beam would come outta nowhere to finish the job. I beat him now, took me 19 tries though, literally been the hardest fight so far for me in the game lol.

Also my current stats at 74 is

35 Vit
12 Att
31 End
36 Str
12 Dex
12 Res
10 Int
8 Faith

I'm hoping to use a badass greatsword either from kalameet or Gwyn, been switching off between my Zwei+10 and Demons Mace +10 most of the time. Don't know where to keep placing stats at this point honestly. Was thinking of maybe pumping Vit or End up a bit more, wondering if I should maybe toss something into Dex, don't know if I need it for the greatswords though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I find Dota and LoL's communities to be much like any other community, only there are a LOT MORE PEOPLE. And then the tons of awful, crap humanbeings tend to stand out more than the decent ones.

i dunno i just collect fanart and talk about skins

Prototype was fine for the time but it hasn't aged well. Controls aren't very smooth when in hectic situations and the difficulty has really odd spikes. Not to mention one of the biggest issues was the sheer amount of shit you would deal with at once with no invincibility frames. Wasn't unheard of to get hit once and then repeatedly thrown around with very little time to get out of the loop. Prototype 2 thus far basically takes everything from 1 and polishes it to where it should have been in the first place.

still haven't played the 2nd but man Prototype 1 is fucking fun. I still to this day believe Prototype 1>Infamous 1(i don't know if anyone remembers but the 2 were constantly being compared back when they came out). Yea prototype 1's story is crap but for me gameplay is the most important aspect of a game just runs circles around infamous 1. super fun to just run around fucking shit up.

PARANO1A

Can I get some recommendations for some controller friendly loot games on PC? Preferably Diablo-style but I'm open to more options.

I played D3 and ROS quite a bit on console, though the control schemes didn't get patched in on PC. I also adored Sacred 2 on 360 (at 1080p no less!) many years ago but I understand that it's not controller friendly on PC.

BTW - for those that didn't buy it, Ori is the real deal.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it... The lewd kind?

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

not really, tho there are tons of pretty girls in league of legends so i have a lot of those

but i also have a ton of cute thresh ones and poros

lots and lots of cute pictures that i save in a folder for no damn reason

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Hack -- MB-4C906E23B64D44E6
Mechanic Escape -- MB-46C9B542AA870857 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.

t1428191081z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom