• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the download for GTA V is 60 GB (I'm thinking it will be more compressed than that but no idea) it would take me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to download if the speed stays at what it usually works at

Sigh.
I miss the Russia Bear, GAF =_=
The Russian bear got me into some deep backlog problems. Now that I live off of nuuvem and humble bundles, I find myself in a better state than before. I consider my purchases more and I find myself playing some of my games now, like that turd that was sonic 4 for example

Sigh.
I miss the Russia Bear, GAF =_=

never forget...

ikwNOft0NNCoH.jpg

Derp

If the download for GTA V is 60 GB (I'm thinking it will be more compressed than that but no idea) it would take me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to download if the speed stays at what it usually works at
If it's 60GB, then most likely under 1.5hrs for me. That's with wifi, many meters away from the router. If i try it through ethernet, then it'd probably be a lot faster.

Sarcasm

That is hard drive space. There will be done compression, so between 40-50gb.

With my free Internet that week take me two hours.

didamangi

So we'll need a total free space of around 120GB for GTA V if we preload the game then. Because of the decrypting and stuff.

Only have 15Mbps of internet speed but at least it's unlimited.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I still wouldn't call FF6 a good Final Fantasy.
Tied with shit-tier stuff like Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Better than All The Bravest though

FF6 still shits on FF7 and 8 so its all cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arthea

so much wrong in this thread *shakes head*
nobody can say that FF7 isn't a great game and be sane at the same time, just sayin

edited: also damn FF6 being in shit tier, I can't even comment on that, it just can't be real, so I ignore this hallucination.

Oh my god so i capped my internet speed when i didn't need to? I literally downloaded like 70+ GB of Steam games in the span of an hour or so thinking they all need to be installed for this to work. I'm capped now. Goodbye 100+Mbps internet. I'll see you when you've recovered from what i did to you.

WHY AM I SO DUMB.
Internet cap? Not only in mobile but on normal house internet?

What a age does your country live in?

FF6 has Kefka, who is insanely awesome.

FF8's story was stupid. >_>

I don't remember anything about FF7. I was seven when I played it, lol.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so much wrong in this thread *shakes head*
nobody can say that FF7 isn't a great game and be sane at the same time, just sayin

edited: also damn FF6 being in shit tier, I can't even comment on that, it just can't be real, so I ignore this hallucination.

I said FF7 is overrated, not a bad game. XOXO
Expect me.

Wearing my most expensive underwear as I wait on my bed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Knurek

FF6 is in the Final Fantasy shit tier.
It's still a competent jRPG and a pretty good walking simulator.
Just not something I look for in a game. If it had more dungeons like the Phoenix Cave/Kefka's Tower, it'd be great. As such it's a string of boring cutscenes about non-characters I'm not interested in with a pinch of 'way too easy' combat scenes.

VII is such nostalgia though. And I never finished it. I found out that everything on the sub can be turned into stat items so I had big plans to max out my party's stats and then tackle the Weapons and finish the game. As it is I'm probably beefy enough to do both without maxing out. I should load it up and finish one of these days.

Knurek

$6? i guess that means that is like 2 hours long right?

It's actually a bit longer than Umineko, script-wise.
Each episode of Umineko took about 16 hours to complete (although with fully voiced dialogues, which Higurashi is missing).
Should still be at least 10 hours of reading per episode.

But how many episodes are there in Higurashi?

Same as Umineko, 8.
Although what is being released on May, 15th is just the first episode.

Jawmuncher

Each episode of Umineko took about 16 hours to complete (although with fully voiced dialogues, which Higurashi is missing).

But how many episodes are there in Higurashi?

Arthea

FF6 is in the Final Fantasy shit tier.
It's still a competent jRPG and a pretty good walking simulator.
Just not something I look for in a game. If it had more dungeons like the Phoenix Cave/Kefka's Tower, it'd be great. As such it's a string of boring cutscenes about non-characters I'm not interested in with a pinch of 'way too easy' combat scenes.

not in my universe, in my universe it goes like this

all around great games, some for their time, some of forever, good FFs, good JRPGs, good RPGs, good games: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7
good games, good RPGs, not good as FF games: FF3, FF11, FF12
good JRPGs but not as good as FF games: FF9, FFX
good, but flawed FF games: FF8, FFX-2
not bad games, but not good JRPGs or RPGs or FFs: FF13, 13-2

here you go

also, why exactly you don't care about characters of FF6? Seems biased!

edited: take notice, SE, I really need those FF5-6 on steam, like I need those a lot

Knurek

also, why exactly you don't care about characters of FF6? Seems biased!

Because there's not a single character in the game?
Just a bunch of non-descript sprites differentiated only by some inherent stats differences and abilities.
First FF game that had actual characters was FF7, although the less than stellar translation did its best to hide this from general public.

Derp

Internet cap? Not only in mobile but on normal house internet?

What a age does your country live in?
Well it isn't "capped", but if i download a huge amount at once it becomes slow for a few hours after, then goes back to normal. Not sure why. I also found out my brother was downloading about 50GB worth of songs while i was trying to figure out why everything was so slow, so that didn't help either.

Arthea

Because there's not a single character in the game?
Just a bunch of non-descript sprites differentiated only by some inherent stats differences and abilities.
First FF game that had actual characters was FF7, although the less than stellar translation did its best to hide this from general public.

You are serious, aren't you?

I don't see it the way you do at all. Granted, we got better characterization in later games, that's true, but none of characters are non-descript, except maybe Gau, and even then there are reasons why he is the way he/she/it is.
I was about to post some quotes from that game, but then thought better of it, you seem set on not liking it, who am I to change that? (><)

Most major ISPs have bandwith caps. Well at least in the states from personal experience (It's in the fine print). However, it is not really enforced.
That must suck. I sometimes check my router stats and see 50 gigs a day.
I assume uncapped internet is slowly getting adapted?

Parsnip

Is Steam overlay broken in the latest beta and/or DkS2 Scholar edition for anyone else? Can't seem to take screenshots and notifications aren't popping up either.

Also, I don't like FF6 either.

I finally dug into Scholar of the First Sin with my SunBro and it's been an absolute blast. The game has always felt designed around co-op, now more than ever. Some of the new enemy placements are truly devilish and 1 in particular left me wishing I hadn't spoiled it by reading impressions. I have faith in "b" team for Dark Souls 3.
Preach.

Knurek

You are serious, aren't you?

I don't see it the way you do at all. Granted, we got better characterization in later games, that's true, but none of characters are non-descript, except maybe Gau, and even then there are reasons why he is the way he/she/it is.

What's the difference, character-wise between Umaro, Mog, Gogo and Relm?
I haven't really noticed any. Sure, different sprites, different skillsets and stats. Not much else though.

Lain

Same as Umineko, 8.
Although what is being released on May, 15th is just the first episode.

Higurashi will have 14 episodes, since they have gotten Higurashi Hou and are going to release even unreleased stuff.

For a while now, many have wondered why Higurashi&#8216;s release has been delayed, and today we&#8217;re excited to finally share that our acquisition of Higurashi Hou has been one of those reasons! This acquisition means that our upcoming release on Steam will be the definitive version of Higurashi both for Japan and the West! This also means that we&#8217;ll be releasing every single chapter of Higurashi contained in Hou: all four Question Arcs, all four Answer Arcs (Higurashi Kai), all three arcs of Higurashi Rei (which were previously never released in English!), Hinamizawa Teiryuujyo (the never-before-released original concept story for the Higurashi series), Higurashi Outbreak (a chapter formerly available only in drama CD format), and a brand-new arc exclusive to Higurashi Hou&#8211;the Kamikanshi Chapter. All 14 of these chapters will be released individually on Steam and our website as translation progresses.

What does this mean for the Steam version of Higurashi? It means a long list of new features will be included!

Options to switch between the new sprites and the old
New Higurashi Hou sprites will also be redone in the new sprite style
The BGM that were replaced in the initial release will be restored to the original versions
Options to switch between playing in English and Japanese on-the-fly

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is Steam overlay broken in the latest beta and/or DkS2 Scholar edition for anyone else? Can't seem to take screenshots and notifications aren't popping up either.

Big Picture mode has functional notification pop-ups for me. I haven't tried desktop overlay though.

The overlay is also fine in desktop mode.
I have a weird issue with overlay that in-game the position of my mouse cursor doesn't trigger clickable items but is offset weirdly.
I have to pan my mouse all over the place until the button I want to click gets highlighted.
No clue what the problem is but it makes using the overlay for guide-reading or chatting useless for me. Always have to alt-tab :/

Deitus

Good morning GAF (or whatever time it is where you live). It's my birthday today (yeah, yeah reapercomic.jpg), and also tomorrow is my 10 year Steam Anniversary.

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-806604AFBD972D36 - Taken by Shalashaska. 63 entrants total.
Besiege -- MB-B6490DCD0AC019A5 - Taken by baterism. 69 entrants total.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-333890538CAC754E - Taken by chronomac. 83 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-24C96AFA2AE0E673 - Taken by Majukun. 70 entrants total.

t1428330763z1.png

Vastag

i FEEL Bad for GAFfers that have a limit on downloads....
I have unlimited download bandwidth =x

I would have serious problems dealing with bandwith limits. I usually uninstall games pretty frecuently. Also, how do people use streaming services with those limits? Don't they reach the cap quickly?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BATTLEPLAN AMERICAN CIVIL WAR -- MB-2E06D534AFC46292 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
DOORWAYS THE UNDERWORLD -- MB-6A546E064926FE61 - Taken by madjoki

Kiru

Good morning GAF (or whatever time it is where you live). It's my birthday today (yeah, yeah reapercomic.jpg), and also tomorrow is my 10 year Steam Anniversary.

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.
Ohh awesome giveaway, happy birthday and happy easter to you! I'll celebrate easter next week (orthodox church)^^

Megauap

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

Happy double birthday! And thanks for your generosity ;)

Grief.exe

Also: FRIENDS DO LET FRIENDS BUY A HEADSET...

... If you want surround sound for FPS'.

For anything else... Heyll na.

And that case is indeed quite... Nois. I want it. :eek:
How does that kool aid taste?

iZ7rkbNHy2AmI.jpg

Cause you drank it

... I've never actually tasted Kool-aid D;

And well, I have a decent pair of cans, but also a great surround sound headset for FPS games, which I play too damn much of.

Also I'm not in a situation where I really need music headphones, because I have a great speaker setup for my music needs.

Ofcourse, not everyone can get that kinda thing going, especially if you live in an apartment complex or some ish.

Now, really, just how good is a modmic? Is it worth getting over a so-so headset mic?

'Surround Sound Headsets' are just a marketing gimmick, plain and simple. The best case scenario is you are paying inflated prices for objectively worse audio quality, all in the name of a feature that functions perfectly fine in stereo. The worst case scenario is one of those headsets that crams multiple drivers in the same cup.

Keep in mind there are also software solutions to simulate surround sound. Dolby has one that ships with most sound cards and I believe Razer has a solution as well.

Friends don't let friends buy headsets.

Watched the HW Canucks review of it and it's pretty amazing. That price though.

The price tag is massive along with having to essentially design your entire build around the size of the case.

I'm just impressed how many variations people have created. I could see the benefit of an extremely dense, watercooled, PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom