• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

Guys i just downloaded and installed Idle Master, and i have a question. Does it need to install all the games that i want the cards from...? It's currently idling in bad rats (which i installed), so i don't know what's going to happen when it reaches a game that isn't installed yet.

I'm asking because i don't see bad rats physically opened. So i dunno what kind of guru magic this is.

Guys i just downloaded and installed Idle Master, and i have a question. Does it need to install all the games that i want the cards from...? It's currently idling in bad rats (which i installed), so i don't know what's going to happen when it reaches a game that isn't installed yet.
No need to have them installed

Mr. Doop

I'm asking because i don't see bad rats physically opened. So i dunno what kind of guru magic this is.

They don't need to be installed.

Derp

No need to have them installed
Oh my god so i capped my internet speed when i didn't need to? I literally downloaded like 70+ GB of Steam games in the span of an hour or so thinking they all need to be installed for this to work. I'm capped now. Goodbye 100+Mbps internet. I'll see you when you've recovered from what i did to you.

WHY AM I SO DUMB.

Oh my god so i capped my internet speed when i didn't need to? I literally downloaded like 70+ GB of Steam games in the span of an hour or so thinking they all need to be installed for this to work. I'm capped now. Goodbye 100+Mbps internet. I'll see you when you've recovered from what i did to you.

WHY AM I SO DUMB.
image.php

Since you downloaded them you could you know, play them ;)

Deques

WHY AM I SO DUMB.
Derp

You could ask before downloading the games

Higurashi When They Cry Steam Edition - Ch.1 Onikakushi will be out on May 15, 2015.

Also,

Game price looks to be roughly $6.

This game has the worst blurb I've seen

Higurashi When They Cry is a sound novel. The music, backgrounds and characters work together to create a world that is the stage of a novel for the user to read. They laugh and cry and get angry. The user takes the point of view of the protagonist to experience the story.

_hekk05

Banned
mmm new thread by australians complaining about their game prices and the exchange rate.

I dunno why aussies always get the short end of the stick.

I think SEA is one of the few regions that actually get digital games cheaper than retail.

zkylon

zkylewd
played like 5 more hours of recettear than i shouldve but finally got through that 100 floor dungeon

was actually really quick cos i was running past most floors

finally some cool, dumb and adorable story stuff happened on that dungeon so i'm pretty pleased

unlocked yet another dungeon but i think this one's more like a challenge thing. i kinda want to play a bit with the other characters but they're so underleveled that i just don't feel it's worth the bother (you get arma at lvl 1 wtf -__-)

i also want to know what you get for merchant level 40 and 50 but no way i'm gonna grind 20 more merchant levels

but yea recettear is a pretty great game

Sendou

Funstock is still down. At least they sent me an e-mail explaining that the problems with fulfilling my order were caused by "unprecedented traffic volumes". Just a heads up if someone else is dealing with the site as well.

Ban Puncher

mmm new thread by australians complaining about their game prices and the exchange rate.

I think SEA is one of the few regions that actually get digital games cheaper than retail.

It's always funny how you can go to a store and buy a physical copy of a game at a considerably cheaper price than an online digital version.

Just not 'ha ha' funny.

Faabulous

Had these lying about, hope they can find an owner

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Faabulous, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-92F55398D9563D80 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-67C018CDAD67F8CD - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Volgarr The Viking -- MB-11016C8B08276ED9 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.

t1428232183z1.png

Funstock is still down. At least they sent me an e-mail explaining that the problems with fulfilling my order were caused by "unprecedented traffic volumes". Just a heads up if someone else is dealing with the site as well.
I wanted to get Naruto but now I'm scared even if they come back up >_<

zkylon

zkylewd
new long live the queen update adds content and other crap

sounds like a perfect opportunity to keep the kyaa train going and play some more animu

Derp

Since you downloaded them you could you know, play them ;)
Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

What have i become...
Derp

You could ask before downloading the games
I had absolutely no idea it was even possible to idle without having the game even installed, so the idea of asking something like that felt stupid. That is... Until i launched Idle Master and it said it was idling in Bad Rats and i couldn't actually see Bad Rats anywhere on the screen. It was at that moment, Derp knew he fucked up.

_hekk05

Banned
It's always funny how you can go to a store and buy a physical copy of a game at a considerably cheaper price than an online digital version.

Just not 'ha ha' funny.

In the days before the steam transition into the SGD, we were paying US prices for everything and 72-80 sgd for full retail games. Exchange rate was better then so it came out to ~60-65 usd each.

And SG NEVER has physical game sales. NEVER. I have NEVER seen a single sale in my life.

kudoboi

In the days before the steam transition into the SGD, we were paying US prices for everything and 72-80 sgd for full retail games. Exchange rate was better then so it came out to ~60-65 usd each.

And SG NEVER has physical game sales. NEVER. I have NEVER seen a single sale in my life.

really? I see games go on sale pretty often. ZepyGames just had a sale for a bunch of games when i went there a few days ago

Ban Puncher

RRP for most games here is $99.95 AUD but come launch day every retailer is trying to out do the competition and you can often save $20-$30 easily.

Nobody pays RRP here unless you shop at EB Games. And if you willingly shop at EB Games (without price matching) then you deserve to pay RRP.

Eila

Regional pricing is great. Obviously it's far from perfect (like you said some countries that should be paying more get away with it, like Singapore in SEA), but I think it's helped massively to get countries like Russia to pirate less. Then there's the regional pricing in Latin America, which hopefully also gets more people into legal PC gaming.
I just wish they wouldn't force people to pay MORE than the US prices that they paid before. That does suck for most of Europe, NZ, Canada and Australia. But that's up to the publishers.

Maniac

Banned
~job interview soon~

I'm in that weird funk where I don't want to play ANYTHING but I want to play SOMETHING.

It's frustrating.

Go play some Dark Messiah or Arx Fatalis. That shit always gets me giddy.
I spent $30 some odd dollars on a pen and a journal. I'm actually trying to play games.

Could be worse. I have a £40 pen.

Aint got no journal. What'd you pick up? ;o
TY guys. I'm not a loli canine tho :/

Who's this lady?
My grandma. This friday it was 6 weeks since she passed. So a month and a half shy of 79 years. Not too shabby, but if not for sodding cancer she'd have made it to 89 with ease, and been just as much of a breeze as always.

Alas it wasn't so.
How does that kool aid taste?

iZ7rkbNHy2AmI.jpg

Cause you drank it

... I've never actually tasted Kool-aid D;

And well, I have a decent pair of cans, but also a great surround sound headset for FPS games, which I play too damn much of.

Also I'm not in a situation where I really need music headphones, because I have a great speaker setup for my music needs.

Ofcourse, not everyone can get that kinda thing going, especially if you live in an apartment complex or some ish.

Now, really, just how good is a modmic? Is it worth getting over a so-so headset mic?

Here's a little something I whipped up while watching Avatar the last airbender marathon.

Happy Easter everyone.

ps hopefully it all worked out properly

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero academy -- MB-D968C4DCE635AFBD - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.
organ trail directors cut -- MB-7B4D434883399DEE - Taken by Eila. 9 entrants total.
jedi knight jedi academy -- MB-9BD391C834F60C20 - Taken by SaveFerris. 11 entrants total.
jedi knight dark forces 2 -- MB-CEBC5DAED754253E - Taken by Milamber. 13 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-6CA2546EDD9F6C0F
spirits -- MB-F3DBAB4C7DB6E0CD - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-6F7151BB385E58C3 - Taken by zkylon. 3 entrants total.
fist of jesus -- MB-2633D0BF7322DDE9 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.
knights of the old republic -- MB-73F5A59396153A8F - Taken by Axass. 14 entrants total.
stealth bastard deluxe -- MB-6D81B126815E20DB - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 4 entrants total.
nightsky -- MB-C37C3B911268631C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 4 entrants total.
jedi knight 2 jedi outcast -- MB-273786A584381021 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 13 entrants total.
The bard's tale -- MB-71E81170DA94E340 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 13 entrants total.
bad hotel -- MB-571F54B8E7B8CB50 - Taken by thereisnoif. 3 entrants total.
betrayer -- MB-8FDD61BB47B5C4FA - Taken by 7Sins. 3 entrants total.
dominique pamplemousse -- MB-076DA7817EC27E5C - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
fractal -- MB-EB41017E445BA466 - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.
World of goo, anomaly, osmos, edge -- MB-E1F22A92F5FED61E - Taken by rrvv. 3 entrants total.
closure -- MB-0B7673C1DCB70186 - Taken by Teppic. 4 entrants total.
mcpixel -- MB-2B2BAA7B99A6B43A - Taken by BigAT. 3 entrants total.
star wars dark forces -- MB-EA4367BDB0AAB6CC - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Fieldrunners, bittripbeat, spacechem, uplink -- MB-C2FCF344EBEF7EE5 - Taken by Foolia. 2 entrants total.
Cortex command -- MB-BDFB1A76F9EAF064 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
waking mars #2 -- MB-D85BDF2EA6A4596B - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
waking mars -- MB-7EA83412487C1E46 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.

t1428311924z1.png

:) forgot to put the autorepost on, so this is possibly the only repost it'll get before I forget.

Knurek

Fuck you EA.
Just fuck you.
Why the hell can't I buy the English version of Dragon's Age: Inquisition?
Why the hell I can only have either Russian (wtf?) or Polish subtitles?
English or GTFO.

Also, WoR in FF6 is a lot better than WoB was.
Finally out of the tutorial phase of the game, there's some challenge in the game as well (not much, but it's better than nothing)
Dunno if I'll do the GBA additions, they all seem to be grindfests (as with other TOSE remasters, remembering those Chrono Trigger DS things still makes me shudder). Probably not...

Arthea

Fuck you EA.
Just fuck you.
English or GTFO.

Also, WoR in FF6 is a lot better than WoB was.
Finally out of the tutorial phase of the game, there's some challenge in the game as well (not much, but it's better than nothing)
Dunno if I'll do the GBA additions, they all seem to be grindfests (as with other TOSE remasters, remembering those Chrono Trigger DS things still makes me shudder). Probably not...
And that's why regions must go, we live in the world where someone born in France to british parents can live in Barcelona and that's just normal way of things, nobody can tell us which language we want to play in.

I would say I told you so, but I won't (><)

edited: double posted (._.)
I'm so sorry

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Fuck you EA.
Just fuck you.
English or GTFO

what's even funnier - it's actually cheaper in Mexico .... and has all the languages (including polish and Russian)

EA gonna EA

Fuck you EA.
Just fuck you.
English or GTFO.

Where did you buy the game?
I think there's language pack available for download on the game information. Not sure though, it's been a while since I loaded up Origin.

Knurek

Where did you buy the game?
I think there's language pack available for download on the game information. Not sure though, it's been a while since I loaded up Origin.

I didn't buy it, just venting my rage that I won't be able to play the game I want in a legal way. :\
There's a free language DLC that has English audio. No way to enable English subtitles though. :\

Derp

70 gb is several days of non stop download here :(
Where are you based? Living in Aus helps, because when Murican's tease us for our slow internet (on average), it encourages us to upgrade. So in our house we make sure we have the best of the best when it comes to internet speeds lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom