• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

Good morning GAF (or whatever time it is where you live). It's my birthday today (yeah, yeah reapercomic.jpg), and also tomorrow is my 10 year Steam Anniversary.

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

Happy birthday and Easter!

Amazing giveaway.

Good morning GAF (or whatever time it is where you live). It's my birthday today (yeah, yeah reapercomic.jpg), and also tomorrow is my 10 year Steam Anniversary.

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.
Happy birthday and thanks for the sensational giveaway!

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

nice giveaway , also happy birthday , hope you have a great day :)

xBladeM6x

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Deitus

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. \(^▽^)/

As long as the games go to someone who wants them, then it will be money well spent.

Ohh awesome giveaway, happy birthday and happy easter to you! I'll celebrate easter next week (orthodox church)^^

I forgot the Orthodox Church celebrates Easter a week later. Have a Happy Easter next week then. d(-_^)

LuuKyK

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

Oh my. What a giveaway!

Happy birthday Deitus, hope you are enjoying your day. :)

Happy Easter to everyone.

dex3108

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

Happy B-Day :D Don't eat all chocolate today :D

madjoki

Someone take this:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-062CF58B244212AC - Taken by alr1ght. 10 entrants total.

t1428247784z1.png

Good morning GAF (or whatever time it is where you live). It's my birthday today
So have some games.

Happy birthday!

Parsnip

Happy birthday Deitus.

Big Picture mode has functional notification pop-ups for me. I haven't tried desktop overlay though.
The overlay is also fine in desktop mode.
Thanks.
I guess I need to figure out what's wrong with mine then.

I have a weird issue with overlay that in-game the position of my mouse cursor doesn't trigger clickable items but is offset weirdly.
I have to pan my mouse all over the place until the button I want to click gets highlighted.
No clue what the problem is but it makes using the overlay for guide-reading or chatting useless for me. Always have to alt-tab :/
This actually sounds like GeDoSaTo mouse compatibility problems that some games have, but I've never heard it happen outside of that.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I made a mistake last night. It's being corrected, but I bought a Valkyria Chronicles code that Plasticaman couldn't use because it was from Nuuvem.

Talos Prnciple was directly from steam, but I'm worried about Lomax's Life is Strange code because it was also from Nuuvem.

My own code from them was region-free. Will it work for him?

Derp

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.
Happy birthday! Awesome giveaway as well :eek:

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. \(^▽^)/

As long as the games go to someone who wants them, then it will be money well spent.

I forgot the Orthodox Church celebrates Easter a week later. Have a Happy Easter next week then. d(-_^)

Happy Birthday Deitus! Party time!

Shantom

Hey guys, I made a mistake last night. It's being corrected, but I bought a Valkyria Chronicles code that Plasticaman couldn't use because it was from Nuuvem.

Talos Prnciple was directly from steam, but I'm worried about Lomax's Life is Strange code because it was also from Nuuvem.

My own code from them was region-free. Will it work for him?

My own Life is Strange key from Nuuvem activated fine in the UK.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How does the DS 2 / Ds2 SofS upgrade work?

I've noticed it's a separate install, but can I continue on my DS2 save in the upgraded version?

Grief.exe

How does the DS 2 / Ds2 SofS upgrade work?

I've noticed it's a separate install, but can I continue on my DS2 save in the upgraded version?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335300/

Online play, saves and achievements between these two versions are incompatible. Purchasing one version will not get you access to the other version. System requirements also differ. Please compare the individual game pages for more details.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I can't tell if you're making a +1 joke or the smiley is the wrong way around, haha.

laughing at my own stupidity. I should prolly read up on what I buy. I thought it was a literal upgrade of the game I already had.

Happy birthday to all celebrating their birthdays today and over the past couple of days and happy Easter to everyone. I haven't eaten much chocolate but i already feel like I ate too much :p

Man, Half-Life 2 was real fun and it took me only two days of medium gaming to complete. Coming from Dark Souls 1 & 2 back to back and about 300 hours that is a very interesting change of pace.

I still didn't get enough, so Episode 1 here I come!

Grief.exe

Man, Half-Life 2 was real fun and it took me only two days of medium gaming to complete. Coming from Dark Souls 1 & 2 back to back and about 300 hours that is a very interesting change of pace.

I still didn't get enough, so Episode 1 here I come!

Episode 2 > Half-Life 2 > Episode 1 is the hierarchy I came to when I recently replayed the series.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

qzNSxgo.jpg
Mystery Gift Ipad -- MB-FECE0BC3575546F3 - Taken by Naked Snake

Messiah

Episode 2 > Half-Life 2 > Episode 1 is the hierarchy I came to when I recently replayed the series.

Yeah, I agree. Episode 1 was really forgettable in my opinion, while Episode 2 had really great and fun to play scenes and left you longing for a sequel. :(

Why FROM is so stupid? Why they didn't add Steam Cloud for both Souls game yet?
For a game like this having your saves stored in Steam cloud is a must.

Also, enjoy the cliffhanger in the end of Episode 2 :)
Yeah, I just saw that DS1 has cloud support but DS2 not. What a weird decision.

Panda Rin

Can't really believe I was able to withstand a year-and-a-half wait on GTAV.

I remember when I was so hyped for the PC release back when the last-gen versions were released.

xGreg

DS1 has it? Nice, I didn't check because my save from GFWL is gone when I changed PC, so I only migrated achievements.

Meanwhile, Capcom should bother to add a proper Steamwork integreation to DR games. I mean, I know they said save migration is due to Microsoft, but they can bother on fixing the game to appear in your played titles at least.

These Japanese developers will never learn. :S

Turfster

Daily How To Survive 80% off

GMG has a Cities in Motion franchise sale, 80%-ish off, extgra voucher

Hare in the Hate keys now available for Groupees BAGB16

---

Damn it, missed another Speevy giveaway.
Not that I'd have won anyway, but still...

Also, happy birthday Deitus.

Belgarion

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

Happy birthday, great giveaway. And happy Easter to all!

I won Space Hack from a mistery gift but already have it, quote to reveal if someone wants it

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
was holybaiyal the one that wanted to like remove his arms and get like angel wings and cat ears and stuff

the arm stuff is a litlte creepy but fox ears are pretty cool i herd

image.php

Higurashi When They Cry Steam Edition - Ch.1 Onikakushi will be out on May 15, 2015.

Also,

Game price looks to be roughly $6.

That's actually cheaper than I expected, nice.
I was expecting the first chapter to be $9.99 alone.

Also Happy Easter.

So have some games.

Happy birthday!

Also happy birthday to Boss Doggie.

Saty

http://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-eternity-tabletop-rpg-and-card-game-in-the-works/
Absolutely. So, actually one of the things we're going to announce very soon, I don't even know if I talked about it. Not in the latest backer update but the next backer update, we're definitely going to talk about how we're going to be Kickstarting... not us, but another group is going to be Kickstarting a Pillars of Eternity card game. This isn't like a CCG or anything like that, but it's more just a fun, kind of, four people get around and play a single session card game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Also, the most important part of that interview:

Speaking of expansions, can you give us any details on what might be coming in the future?

Sure. So, with the Kickstarter we announced that we were going to do an expansion, and so how we're approaching that is to actually do the expansion in two parts, and have one part out sooner than the other part. The idea being that people are really enjoying Pillars right now and they're going to get finished their first or second playthrough within in the next two weeks, a month, something like that. And so, we definitely want there to be content for them to enjoy and I think we're going to be talking about that pretty soon. I don't think we've released anything specifically, but it really ends up being this concept of this story that expands parts of what you would see in those sort of old school expansions we made for Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate. So not just these three, four hour downloadable DLCs, but definitely big chunks of a story and a new hub to go to and things like that.

So that's kind of how we're really approaching it, like we've done with Eternity throughout is this idea of, these games kind of went away but not for a reason they should have. The industry shifted to so much console with this idea that PC wasn't so much of a gaming platform, which I know no one thinks that anymore. So, back then when you got an expansion you got this meaty thing with hours and hours of gameplay. And that's really what we're trying to do. So, while we're splitting it in two, it is like one continual story that people get to play.

All aboard the hype train.

Wow. The elevator part where hige depris is falling on you in the citadel in episode 1 has me dying about 20 times now. The first one worked out but the second debris is still falling on the elevator no matter what angle I hit with the energy ball.

Talk about a sudden spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom