• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I completely forgot that I preordered that adventure bundle. Here's some stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Johnson's Chronicles -- MB-5A4C5C052AC3D68B - Taken by Aguero9320. 1 entrants total.
Dancewall Remix -- MB-7413C249682DB2E7 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-D8C15566EDB9CB13 - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.

t1428262485z1.png

Parsnip

Once again bluesnews are a week behind. The actual top 10, direct from Steam:

#1 - Grand Theft Auto V
#2 - Pillars of Eternity
#3 - Cities: Skylines
#4 - Elite: Dangerous
#5 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#6 - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin (Steam says it's the DX9 upgrade here, but it's probably all versions of the game combined?)
#7 - The Talos Principle
#8 - The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™
#9 - H1Z1
#10 - Reign Of Kings

I've been posting far too much stuff about sales on Steam this week.

Skylines still kicking that ass.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Khet 2.0 -- MB-C46EE822590B8A25 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 7 entrants total.

t1428266084z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's from 2013, so no. I wasn't into Steam back then. Plus I have no idea what I just read, and I backtracked through several quotes to try to make sense of it, then gave up.

Just look at D3RANG3D's post a couple of posts below. Basically, he wanted a game removed from his account only to later decide that creating a new account was the only option, all the while occasionally bringing up the matter and getting irritated whenever someone would ask what the game was (ultimately revealed to be Saints Row 3).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is modbot not working? trying to send a register pm

I don't suppose one of the games you're trying to give away is La-Mulana (or another game with a dash in the name)?

Edit: I'm going, but if your answer to the above question is "Yes", then replace the dash with a space and try again (ModBot isn't dead as I just received a response to a My Loot request).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Talos Principle is very, very nice. The Temple Ruins are such a marvelous setting for a puzzle game.

Accoun

Watching some LGR (and reading his Twitter). I have now a strong desire to bring out my old PC and play some old games in their more natural environment. Sadly, I can't find my old Pentium ThinkPad and I would have to resort to my old 486 IBM PS/Valuepoint which I'm not sure how will work with some of the later DOS-based games.

I don't suppose one of the games you're trying to give away is La-Mulana (or another game with a dash in the name)?

Edit: I'm going, but if your answer to the above question is "Yes", then replace the dash with a space and try again (ModBot isn't dead as I just received a response to a My Loot request).
thank you!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but no pm's please

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ghost encounters deadwood- -- MB-855C78FC454A3709 - Taken by BernardoOne
Druids Duel- -- MB-391147C8B5DCBD48 - Taken by WinterDemons
bardbarian brawl- -- MB-EBDF1E539CD08EAA - Taken by redlacs
warlocks vs shadows- -- MB-A41BA303C3E3BB57 - Taken by SSPssp
ghost encounters deadwood- #2 -- MB-14FE84D58DCB27FF - Taken by Eila
bardbarian brawl- #2 -- MB-F9CFBB083CD9FF1D - Taken by Tesseract
bardbarian brawl- #3 -- MB-AA111D4A833D5B80 - Taken by Purkake4

Kiru

Since it's a key tied to the sub joki mentions above, the person you bought it for can just activate it using a VPN. The game itself will be region-free.

Any suggestions for a free (non browser only) VPN to change my location to South America ? Kinda doubt there is one... lol

Looks like I remembered, here's a 12hr(almost) repost. BTW knights of the old republic should include the second one also if my attempt at entering two keys worked. if it comes out weird the winner can just contact me directly and I can hunt down the two keys.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero academy -- MB-D968C4DCE635AFBD - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.
organ trail directors cut -- MB-7B4D434883399DEE - Taken by Eila. 9 entrants total.
jedi knight jedi academy -- MB-9BD391C834F60C20 - Taken by SaveFerris. 11 entrants total.
jedi knight dark forces 2 -- MB-CEBC5DAED754253E - Taken by Milamber. 13 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-6CA2546EDD9F6C0F
spirits -- MB-F3DBAB4C7DB6E0CD - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-6F7151BB385E58C3 - Taken by zkylon. 3 entrants total.
fist of jesus -- MB-2633D0BF7322DDE9 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.
knights of the old republic -- MB-73F5A59396153A8F - Taken by Axass. 14 entrants total.
stealth bastard deluxe -- MB-6D81B126815E20DB - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 4 entrants total.
nightsky -- MB-C37C3B911268631C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 4 entrants total.
jedi knight 2 jedi outcast -- MB-273786A584381021 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 13 entrants total.
The bard's tale -- MB-71E81170DA94E340 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 13 entrants total.
bad hotel -- MB-571F54B8E7B8CB50 - Taken by thereisnoif. 3 entrants total.
betrayer -- MB-8FDD61BB47B5C4FA - Taken by 7Sins. 3 entrants total.
dominique pamplemousse -- MB-076DA7817EC27E5C - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
fractal -- MB-EB41017E445BA466 - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.
World of goo, anomaly, osmos, edge -- MB-E1F22A92F5FED61E - Taken by rrvv. 3 entrants total.
closure -- MB-0B7673C1DCB70186 - Taken by Teppic. 4 entrants total.
mcpixel -- MB-2B2BAA7B99A6B43A - Taken by BigAT. 3 entrants total.
star wars dark forces -- MB-EA4367BDB0AAB6CC - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Fieldrunners, bittripbeat, spacechem, uplink -- MB-C2FCF344EBEF7EE5 - Taken by Foolia. 2 entrants total.
Cortex command -- MB-BDFB1A76F9EAF064 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
waking mars #2 -- MB-D85BDF2EA6A4596B - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
waking mars -- MB-7EA83412487C1E46 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.

t1428311924z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
I just saw this post in another thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158958544&postcount=1911

I honestly feel sorry if part of this was my fault. I'll probably stay out, I know I've pretty much been talking about Dark Souls recently but I know I may bring up Anime if I play another anime game on steam on I really don't want to be driving anyone away like that.

People who claim that the Steam thread is so full of anime talk and that it's so overwhelming they claim to have the need to leave it are entirely full of crap, in my opinion. Anime talk it's not really that frequent at all, and there's more "fuck anime" talk than there's actual anime talk.

It's like people claiming they left the Steam thread because of Saoirse Ronan gifs.

People who claim that the Steam thread is so full of anime talk and that it's so overwhelming they claim to have the need to leave it are entirely full of crap, in my opinion. Anime talk it's not really that frequent at all, and there's more "fuck anime" talk than there's actual anime talk.

It's like people claiming they left the Steam thread because of Saoirse Ronan gifs.
Nowadays, people just want to find excuses or minimal stuff to win an argument/hate something, and end up exaggerating.

I don't notice much anime talk, just a perhaps slightly unhealthy obsession with those weird Japanese visual novels on Steam (Hatoful Boyfriend, Long Live The Queen, etc.). :)

derExperte

Got sent a key for the Snow Closed Beta. When did I sign up for that? Nice.

There were times when both got out of hand but I think we have it under control for now.

I don't notice much anime talk, just a perhaps slightly unhealthy obsession with those weird Japanese visual novels on Steam (Hatoful Boyfriend, Long Live The Queen, etc.). :)

Hatoful and LLTQ ain't unhealthy.

Deitus

I just saw this post in another thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158958544&postcount=1911

I honestly feel sorry if part of this was my fault. I'll probably stay out, I know I've pretty much been talking about Dark Souls recently but I know I may bring up Anime if I play another anime game on steam on I really don't want to be driving anyone away like that.

Don't let comments like that get to you, and please don't leave the thread because of it.

Comments like that are mostly hipster bullshit of "I liked thing before it got popular" and then come up with a forced justification of why it's terrible now. The idea that the thread has been taken over by anime is an absurd exaggeration. There have certainly been a few anime related derailments in Steam threads, but then these threads hardly ever had rails in the first place, and are regularly derailed by discussion of people's favorite actresses, TV shows, movies, music, food, sports teams, and of course laughing at dumb console war threads in gaming. It's the nature of a community like this, though it can get out of hand at times. But when it does get out of hand, usually a simple reminder is all it takes to get things settled again.

People who want to make people feel unwelcome here, simply for liking a thing that they don't like, and occasionally talking about it, are the people that I wouldn't particularly miss. Please don't let people like that drive you away.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yo, I put the fuckanime.gifs in the op and I've yet to see them used in the appropriate threads.

People seriously don't read the op.

The_Monk

Hey everyone! Since Codemasters have now released Dirt 3 as the Complete Edition I decided to replay the game and it's been great. The game feels very well optimised in my opinion and it looks as good as I remember it. Having all the DLC is really nice as well, I managed to try a couple of cars I haven't tried before. I usually don't care for those stunt events and I already did those during the GFWL version so I might just focus on the pure racing events this time. If anyone haven't tried yet I believe it's a solid investment. I already put around 8 hours in the game and playing with no HUD at all feels amazing.

I also asked a member from Codemasters if we are going to see Dirt 1 back on Steam but he replied that it would be impossible, not because the license of Colin's name but because of the licensed cars. That's a shame.

I also tried Cities: Skylines couple of weeks ago but for some odd reason this game felt a bit demanding, pushing my little GPU while increasing its temperature. A bit of searching in the Steam forums only led to a couple of people with the same issue so it might be rare. I'll get back to it and learn how to really play the game later on. I might see if there's a guide for newcomers.

Hope you are all having a great Easter and in case you do not celebrate that, have a great Sunday either way. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
mrorange already made the boring version of the thread for the ppl that don't like the insanity that goes on here

the crazy chat-room-like nature of this thread is what makes it entertaining, not just a list of sales like some people would like

and sometimes there's actually good discussion (i've had good back and forths about hotline miami 2, life is strange, or even this obsidian transphobia thing)

so like, if you don't have anything positive to add to create meaningful discussion and your only way of contributing to the thread is complaining then fuck off :>

also yea nobody reads the op

long live anime

ezodagrom

Hey everyone! Since Codemasters have now released Dirt 3 as the Complete Edition I decided to replay the game and it's been great. The game feels very well optimised in my opinion and it looks as good as I remember it. Having all the DLC is really nice as well, I managed to try a couple of cars I haven't tried before. I usually don't care for those stunt events and I already did those during the GFWL version so I might just focus on the pure racing events this time. If anyone haven't tried yet I believe it's a solid investment. I already put around 8 hours in the game and playing with no HUD at all feels amazing.
Something random I noticed when trying the complete edition, since I haven't played DiRT 3 in a long time, I'm not completely sure now, but feels like the loading times now in the Steam version are alot faster than the old GFWL version.

MUnited83

For you.
That's a weird way of using the word "obsession". It's like claming people here have an unhealthy obssession with Souls games because those games are discussed here often.

Jawmuncher

It kills me that for RE4 I need to beat it again just so I can play Mercs. Saving my next play through for when the texture mod is out. Then for RE5 it's the same deal.

The_Monk

Something random I noticed when trying the complete edition, since I haven't played DiRT 3 in a long time, I'm not completely sure now, but feels like the loading times now in the Steam version are alot faster than the old GFWL version.

I also noticed this. I don't really remember how they were in the previous version but they sure seem quite fast which is great. I wonder if they could be even more fast if I had the game installed on a SSD. Either way there's not even time to check your car in fancy angles during these loadings.

dex3108

I am almost at 50% of GTA IV story and man this game is so boring in comparison with Vice City and San Andreas. Worst thing is that people were complaining about constant need for driving in Mafia 2 and in GTA IV is same situation. Almost half way through the game and i still can't feel soul of this game.

Annubis

You guys are making me remember that I need to go back to LLTQ at some point because of the story update.
Still wonder what that entails.
And I guess I'll wonder for some more time because PoE.

Turfster

Wow the subtitles are small as hell when you put fear at 1920x1080.

They are.
There's a fix on PcGamingWiki.

I am almost at 50% of GTA IV story and man this game is so boring in comparison with Vice City and San Andreas. Worst thing is that people were complaining about constant need for driving in Mafia 2 and in GTA IV is same situation. Almost half way through the game and i still can't feel soul of this game.

Like the American culture
it lampoons
GTA IV is devoid
of any soul.

MUnited83

For you.
Only thing good about GTA IV is mindlessly driving around the city and try to escape the cops. The story... Fucking terrible. Not on writing or anything like that, but because of the lack of checkpoints. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea ? Go to the start of mission, lenghty cutscene. Lenghty drive to the objective. Die? Well, time to do the whole thing all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom