• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is calling things disgusting still a trend?
fe5329fe66.png

Jadax

All these shitty games being released on steam...

What I want is a game based on the Malazan books..or the Stormlight books..

Haunted

I think it hasn't been posted yet, that another SE collective game - Goetia is out

looks like something Dusk will play and inform us how good it is.
I swear I played a game very similar to this before. Exploring a manor with a spirit/ghost, slightly more cartoony than this art style.

found it: Whispering Willows

ss_4f2da6b4cb6b5ea5e074f944d73be2a2bf6ef81a.1920x1080.jpg

rage is so pretty
That's the most "looks like concept art" screenshot I've seen in a long time. Nice.

Adnor

Banned
I'd be hoarding metals all day long and never use them on the final boss.

I'd never have enough iron and steel because I'd use them to fly around the city all the time. I'd love if it had cadmiun and bendalloy even if it wouldn't make sense in the time period of the first trilogy.

AHA-Lambda

Beat Abyss Watcher last night, and me and my partner both did the Jump for Joy animation at the exact same time.

Looked like something from a sitcom, all it needed was a freeze frame effect XD

anchorman-jump-in-air.gif

Knurek

Not sure if it works for Eurozone folks, but I think it's slightly cheaper on Greenman with the WATCH25 voucher, for 25% off. $29.99 for Standard, $37.49 for Nova, etc.

GMG started to bill most/some of Eurozone people in £ for some reason, while keeping Euro pricing (so, €40 game is billed as £40).
So definitely not cheaper here. :\

ExoSoul

Banned
I had to delete a screenshot from the online library because I hadn't marked it as spoiler, is there really no way for me to re-upload it?

Now for NG+ or a new build....

You could've added a spoilertag even after uploading
sFJ7Thk.png

Well... At least now I know, thanks.
Still find it really dumb that it gets perma-marked as uploaded.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got around catching the end of the second season of izombie

it's kinda rough, i feel like they crammed a billion things into two episodes and some of it just doesn't work super right. they should've like done a two hour episode or something, stretch it out a bit or something

still excited about the next season, and izombie still has some of the most likeable characters in fun tv like ever but that was a crazy rushed ending that didn't have any business being like that considering how long the season was

Beat Abyss Watcher last night, and me and my partner both did the Jump for Joy animation at the exact same time.

Looked like something from a sitcom, all it needed was a freeze frame effect XD

anchorman-jump-in-air.gif
coop? that's no fun :<

Parsnip

I had to delete a screenshot from the online library because I hadn't marked it as spoiler, is there really no way for me to re-upload it?
Just restart steam, and you should be able to reupload it. That has been my experience in the past anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck me mad max is big (download wise), stupid "next gen" trend

Balthuk

Got my xbox360 controller for dark souls. Error 43 for ever and ever, can't play dark souls. Yay. This shit is completely random. I could use this controller with no issues, my friend couldn't. He reinstalled windows, he could use it just fine. Now I've reinstalled Windows, I can't use it at all. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
--
Currently playing through Megaman X and it's pretty cool. I'm struggling to get used to keyboard controls though. Also started Jade Empire, saw good stuff about it and it's relatively short.

Shahadan

I just saw someone put a christmas tree in the trash in front of my building. In april. Feels like a simpsons joke.

This guy is probably playing video games.

That's the one from the latest Groupees right? Have you tried the Doctor Watson one in it? A 3D hidden object game sounds interesting.

It SOUNDS interesting, yes. But it sure doesn't LOOK interesting. What year do those graphics look like they're from? 2002...if I'm feeling generous? I've heard it said enough times: if a developer can't afford to hire good 3D artists, stick with 2D. And it shows.

That game's one review sounds not only brutal, but all too plausible: go around collecting more than a dozen screws, or "shields" that look like plain circles, no misclick penalties so just go around clicking everything? Sounds like every hidden-object game I've played by developers who have no idea how to make them - how hard could it be? - and the first one that came to mind was "Where Angels Cry," by Cateia Games...ugh, just TYPING that name gives me a sour taste in my mouth. (What the shit? They made a SEQUEL to Where Angels Cry...and it uses LIVE ACTORS? Dear God no no no no no.)

But let's see the Doctor Watson devs' track record, shall we?

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=United Independent Entertainment GmbH

Their BEST games have mixed reviews.

But hey, if it shows up in a raffle, you know me, I'll enter it, even if it looks like hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man, if Abyss Odyssey left an awful first impression on me yesterday, Banner Saga is the complete opposite. From the 2d animation cut scenes (hey remember those?), to the gorgeous art, to the x-com combat... yup this seems super cool

edit: oh shit theres perma death in this isnt there >_>

Tizoc

TIME FOR GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2
MONOKUMA GIGOLO

Rules are much like last time; only ONE of these codes contain the game, HOWEVER, there's a little twist.
The winner won't get a key to redeem DR2 right away, instead, I'll verify first that they own DR1, doesn't matter how many hours they put into DR1, just that they own it.
So that's a new prerequest for this giveaway; only enter if you own DanganRonpa 1 in your Steam library

Good luck~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

DanganRonpa 2 CODE B -- MB-D5BB7DEA948CBDB3 - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
DanganRonpa 2 CODE D -- MB-581A70D7A6519072 - Taken by shintoki. 2 entrants total.
DanganRonpa 2 CODE G -- MB-0E1AC97BAE18DC71 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
DanganRonpa 2 CODE Q -- MB-983582175497D957 - Taken by Tenrius. 9 entrants total.
DanganRonpa 2 CODE S -- MB-A38203ABC7063785 - Taken by Large Professor. 5 entrants total.
DanganRonpa 2 CODE Y -- MB-F94A262682F6F0C3 - Taken by Wok. 2 entrants total.

t1460980477z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Someone made a really fitting picture of level design in the Dark Souls games.

Further proof that DS1 is the goat

MONOKUMA GIGOLO

Rules are much like last time; only ONE of these codes contain the game, HOWEVER, there's a little twist.
The winner won't get a key to redeem DR2 right away, instead, I'll verify first that they own DR1, doesn't matter how many hours they put into DR1, just that they own it.
So that's a new prerequest for this giveaway; only enter if you own DanganRonpa 1

Good luck~
Ha, pretty cool. I preloaded my copy of DR2 but I won't get around to it until I finish DS3.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Good luck :)
Funny thing is how I played straight through DR1 in about two weeks. Which is fast for me. I really loved that game. I'm hoping 2 is just as good. I'm thinking it'll be better because I'm familiar with the cast this time.

Rhaknar

how does the raffle even tell if you own dagonronpa 1? are you banking on people being honest?

anyway I dont own the first so I guess I wont enter

also, Mad Max seems fucking awesome, looks beautiful, runs like a dream (all maxed getting 60fps rock solid, except when it saves, stupid saves), gameplay seems fine for what is essencially a batman combat clone, driving handles great, chumbucket is cool. This and Banner Saga back to back left super good first impressions on me, especially after yesterday after finishing Dark Souls I couldnt get anything to "click"

edit: oh nvm I just read the requirements.

Mad Max is awesome Rhaknar. Can have a tad slow start until you get Harpoon to rip off tires but it only gets more fun with time. Can't wait to go back to it after DS3.
how does the raffle even tell if you own dagonronpa 1? are you banking on people being honest?
He likely didn't enter the actual game key in the raffle but will check manually winner for DR1 and send a PM with a key. I know, it's a lot to think for an old man, so I'll cut you some slack :p

Rhaknar

Mad Max is awesome Rhaknar. Can have a tad slow start until you get Harpoon to rip off tires but it only gets more fun with time. Can't wait to go back to it after DS3.

get back to it? didnt you 100% it? >_>

Souls needs a feature where an invader will automatically get banished and returned to their world if they don't attack you for 5 or so minutes. Getting tired of invaders who come into the world and just go and sit in between enemies for 15 minutes or even longer.

I was minding my business when you invaded my world for PvP, so at least fight instead of just standing there hoping I'll pull other enemies to make life easier for you.

Other ideas include disabling estus healing if you're an invader (why is this even a thing?), capping invasion duration to something like 25 minutes or just simply making the seed of the giant tree an item that can be farmed/purchased.

Bboy AJ

Souls needs a feature where an invader will automatically get banished and returned to their world if they don't attack you for 5 or so minutes. Getting tired of invaders who come into the world and just go and sit in between enemies for 15 minutes or even longer.

I was minding my business when you invaded my world for PvP, so at least fight instead of just standing there hoping I'll pull other enemies to make life easier for you.
I dealt with this today. It was incredibly annoying. He or she literally went to the area with the most difficult enemies and just waited in between them all. Absolutely ridiculous. They're wasting their own time.

Seed of a Tree is your friend spin. That's why I have it equipped on me in Ember form. Makes for some fun turning of tables when I lull an invader in a false sense of security amidst enemy mobs lol
Other ideas include disabling estus healing if you're an invader (why is this even a thing?), capping invasion duration to something like 25 minutes or just simply making the seed of the giant tree an item that can be farmed/purchased.
That I totally agree. Every single invader I had, used Estus. That's lame.

Rhaknar

there are items to disable estus for invasions

Grief.exe

Modbot is going to pick a winner.
It' s going to send them a 'key' that's really just a random sequence of numbers I'm sure Tizoc made up.
Tizoc is going to verify the person is legit, then send them the key.

AHA-Lambda

Why bother having the DR1 requirement for the raffle though?
Then again DR2 probably won't make much sense without the first in guessing

Beyond
having a clone
, the
Pontiff
and Darklurker have very little in common.
Yes, he has different attacks but it's all I was reminded of upon seeing him the first time. He was still fun to fight. But only with summons. Alone he'd be a major pain. Like Darkstalker. That was more difficult tbh.

Even lamer is they all like to invade at the swamp area, where hosts don't have that many estus left after dealing with swamp bullshit.

Now I don't feel guilty during ganking at all.

Go hide behind tree, wait for them to run past, ambush for great justice (i am 50/50 using this tactic though).

mp1990

Banned
Why bother having the DR1 requirement for the raffle though?
Then again DR2 probably won't make much sense without the first in guessing
Plot-wise, the two games are directly (well, sort of :p) related to each other, so it wouldn't make sense for one to play the second without experiencing the former.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
MONOKUMA GIGOLO

So that's a new prerequest for this giveaway; only enter if you own DanganRonpa 1

Good luck~

I own the first one on Vita, does that count? :p

I wouldn't win anyway...

I dealt with this today. It was incredibly annoying. He or she literally went to the area with the most difficult enemies and just waited in between them all. Absolutely ridiculous. They're wasting their own time.

It's happened a few times to me and it gets old pretty quick. I love the idea of invasions and it's a part of the Souls online experience but just don't waste everybody's time when you're doing it.

Seed of a Tree is your friend spin. That's why I have it equipped on me in Ember form. Makes for some fun turning of tables when I lull an invader in a false sense of security amidst enemy mobs lol

Yea had some fun today after using a seed. Chased the invader all around the Cathedral graveyard and rooftops. Sadly the seed is a rare item so you can't keep doing this regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom