• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
henny_youngman_4ocqz.jpg

Take my games, please!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys and 10 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
BIK (Desura) -- MB-8ADE40B7AAE0EC11
Dead Breed -- MB-1856993902AC12E2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) -- MB-29B4AF786B28DBB2 - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
WAR OF THE HUMAN TANKS (Desura) -- MB-2BF6A33E014C028E
BLAM BLAM PLANET (itch.io) -- MB-3D9B3C2B755EEB2C
Adorables -- MB-D762E1F6E5FA1B79 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Journey to the center of the earth -- MB-F6E22A0E555C5074 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
GASPAR'S GHOST PANIC (itch.io) -- MB-87729A7CD686CDD4
ulgzbKC.png
LIFE OF PIXEL (Desura) -- MB-3CA524EB21ECB521
ulgzbKC.png
BOXESWITHGUNS (Desura) -- MB-A0661D4550911927
KUNOI (itch.io) -- MB-0304ECE0B986C64B
CARRIE'S ORDER UP (itch.io) -- MB-6A5E107A1726C711
Dead Breed#2 -- MB-FEF50CC2965FA31C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
RAGE PARKING SIMULATOR 2016 (itch.io) -- MB-3682FA8381C2CE0E
MAJOR CONTRACT (itch.io) -- MB-9DF0263E5D094EC6
ulgzbKC.png
JISEI (Desura) -- MB-31330A7A549F7A00
ulgzbKC.png
KANSEI (Desura) -- MB-4C191740DF6E6B54
ulgzbKC.png
FURRY 2 ULTIMATE EDITION (Desura) -- MB-B14EA357D1CE2002
ulgzbKC.png
ALCARYS COMPLEX (Desura) -- MB-874934CB35A22327
ulgzbKC.png
ZOMBIES GROUPEES LIMITED EDITION (Desura) -- MB-074BCC045D83CD6E

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BIK (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for WAR OF THE HUMAN TANKS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LIFE OF PIXEL (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BOXESWITHGUNS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Breed#2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for JISEI (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for KANSEI (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FURRY 2 ULTIMATE EDITION (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ALCARYS COMPLEX (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ZOMBIES GROUPEES LIMITED EDITION (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1461041448z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
I'm finding this dark souls 2 dlc really annoying. What am I really missing from the game if I just finish the campaign? I'm starting to think the dlc isn't worth it

The DLC has some of the best areas and bosses and it's overall much better than the base game... so you would be missing quite a lot.

Gets a lot easier once you go break some statues. Explore the area. Regarding the spiked floors, the damage is negligible.
I think I'll just come back to it in a few months. I'm pretty burned out on the game and just want some sense of closure after 45 hours of dark soulin'

Now let's see what this boss is all about.

Tenrius

This has to be the most clueless Steam community hub thread I've ever seen: someone asking if 1979 Revolution: Black Friday (a Telltale style adventure game about the Iranian revolution) is like The Warriors on the PS2:

313de6537e.png

Anyway, I just finished the game. It's pretty well-made and I think it serves its purpose of increasing awareness of the historic events. I personally knew absolutely nothing about Iran or its history and even had no idea there was a revolution in 1979. The game itself, however, made me seriously uncomfortable: the themes (and the apparent historical accuracy) are just too disturbing. You're a college kid hanging out with a bunch of other college kids in Iran and everybody looks like The Beatles because it's the '70s. Almost immediately they start to drag you into a revolution and there are all kinds of bad people like mujahideen and communists, and then people get killed, your family members take different sides and so on. So much violence in general. Also, apparently the general statement the developers are making is that the revolution didn't really work, and you being dragged into it without much choice doesn't feel to good in the light of this. It's a really bleak picture in general. I do recommend it though, just be prepared for the emotional rollecoaster and don't expect a complete story — it basically ends on a cliffhanger, feeling even less self-contained that typical Telltale episodes.

madjoki

I think it was a newer-ish requirement. I opened my alt account about a year ago

Edit: Also it's completely possible that I didn't fully investigate that situation at the time, but I remember reaching an impasse *until* paying $5 to make the alt account unrestricted. Perhaps I tried sending a friend invite to my main and got the warning and just paid the $5.

You need now to pay $5 to be able to get trading cards, before that activating gift game that had cards (even Dead Island Epidemic was OK even though it didn't gave any drops), before that even CD-keys were fine.

Initially $5 was retroactively applied, but that was fixed and no longer is if you weren't limited before new limits.

30mb patch here. Judging by the actual patch note, it looks like a minor tweak

- in-game texture asset has been fixed/updated​

Looks like 1.5GB update is to Soundtrack Depot. Same size as FLAC version, so I guess they accidentally added FLAC version to mp3 version of soundtrack.

Most likely this is their way of flipping a bulk key order into Steam wallet, which they're probably using to buy new games and flipping them at a profit. Some folks on G2A are selling 10,000 bundle keys for $0.05 each. Assuming an average of 4 cards per title, even at $0.02 average profit per card you've just made $300 profit, possibly more if you get foils, etc.

Take that wallet money, buy something like Dark Souls III or whatever the latest game is that hasn't been discounted yet and has a high price, and sell the Steam gift on G2A to further increase your profits and liquidate it back to cash.

Seems like a lot of work, but I get it. What strikes me as weird is that they're not just making their own alt accounts with bots that can automatically farm cards and trade them back. Introducing the human element to this process adds a seemingly unnecessary amount of work.

afaik. It keys from devs

If you have multiple accounts, game idling isn't actually best way to make profit. Farming sale cards is (when possible).

Tellaerin

Aaaaand I just finished Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. Impressions follow.

This was a fun little TPS. Amnesiac Wayne falls in with a group of "snow pirates" on an icy colony world, and gets drawn into an adventure involving a shady megacorporation, learning about his forgotten past along the way. Good variety of enemies (you end up fighting both humans - some of them in mecha - and the Akrid, nasty indigenous lifeforms that range from little flying trilobite things to screen-fillling monstrosities), and nice assortment of weapons to play with. The AI for the human enemies isn't the sharpest, but it didn't really diminish my enjoyment. Just don't expect Halo.

I appreciated how nicely Lost Planet was balanced, mechanically. The "thermal energy" mechanics could easily have been either obnoxious or completely pointless, but ended up mattering just enough to make things a little more interesting.

The devs also managed to hit the sweet spot with the "Vital Suits", VOTOMS-style small mecha with swappable armaments and some unique abilities (like the one that transforms from a quadruped to a sort of drill tank thing). The VS's aren't so powerful that you feel helpless outside of one, but they're not so weak that they seem pointless, either. That's a tough balance to strike, but they nailed it here.

Sadly (but not surprisingly), online's completely dead. More developers need to add bot support to the multiplayer modes for their games. On PC in particular, where games have much longer shelf lives and everyone's not just jumping from one flavor of the month multiplayer title to the next, it'd be nice to be able to get a botmatch going.

Overall, I had a good time with this one. Recommended.

Never have I said more cheerful FUCK YOU to something like having finished a souls game. It's the most complementary of fuck yous, a middle finger presented with a smile.

I'll come back around to the dlc some other time, when my patience has been restore for such a thing hah

zkylon

zkylewd
I see the final boss of dark 2 is more like the final boss of demon's than dark 1. Well shit.

not sure what that means

the final boss of dark 1 is really bad from a gameplay standpoint, the final boss in demons is alright i guess

the final boss of dark 2 is pretty alright, it's got some nasty moves but it's pretty fun imo even if it's super easy

not sure what that means

the final boss of dark 1 is really bad from a gameplay standpoint, the final boss in demons is alright i guess

the final boss of dark 2 is pretty alright, it's got some nasty moves but it's pretty fun imo even if it's super easy
Well the curse stuff reminded me of the false king's deleveling attack from demon's. Also, I liked how in ds1 you fought a final boss relatively your size whereas in dark 2 and demon's they were much larger than you.

Just a few broad similarities really. I was hoping for more of a dark souls style brawl with someone my size instead ya know?

zkylon

zkylewd
Well the curse stuff reminded me of the false king's deleveling attack from demon's. Also, I liked how in ds1 you fought a final boss relatively your size whereas in dark 2 and demon's they were much larger than you.

Just a few broad similarities really. I was hoping for more of a dark souls style brawl with someone my size instead ya know?
the curse stuff is kind of annoying, yeah, but it's easy to deal with if you know what to do and the run towards the boss isn't a super annoying stretch like in demons

but yea i get what you mean, but it's the different focus of the games. dks1 is about
gwyn and your role as his replacement
and dks2 is about
you not having anyone to replace because what's important is the throne

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys and 10 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
BIK (Desura) -- MB-8ADE40B7AAE0EC11
Dead Breed -- MB-1856993902AC12E2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) -- MB-29B4AF786B28DBB2 - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
WAR OF THE HUMAN TANKS (Desura) -- MB-2BF6A33E014C028E
BLAM BLAM PLANET (itch.io) -- MB-3D9B3C2B755EEB2C
Adorables -- MB-D762E1F6E5FA1B79 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Journey to the center of the earth -- MB-F6E22A0E555C5074 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
GASPAR'S GHOST PANIC (itch.io) -- MB-87729A7CD686CDD4
ulgzbKC.png
LIFE OF PIXEL (Desura) -- MB-3CA524EB21ECB521
ulgzbKC.png
BOXESWITHGUNS (Desura) -- MB-A0661D4550911927
KUNOI (itch.io) -- MB-0304ECE0B986C64B
CARRIE'S ORDER UP (itch.io) -- MB-6A5E107A1726C711
Dead Breed#2 -- MB-FEF50CC2965FA31C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
RAGE PARKING SIMULATOR 2016 (itch.io) -- MB-3682FA8381C2CE0E
MAJOR CONTRACT (itch.io) -- MB-9DF0263E5D094EC6
ulgzbKC.png
JISEI (Desura) -- MB-31330A7A549F7A00
ulgzbKC.png
KANSEI (Desura) -- MB-4C191740DF6E6B54
ulgzbKC.png
FURRY 2 ULTIMATE EDITION (Desura) -- MB-B14EA357D1CE2002
ulgzbKC.png
ALCARYS COMPLEX (Desura) -- MB-874934CB35A22327
ulgzbKC.png
ZOMBIES GROUPEES LIMITED EDITION (Desura) -- MB-074BCC045D83CD6E

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BIK (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for WAR OF THE HUMAN TANKS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LIFE OF PIXEL (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BOXESWITHGUNS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Breed#2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for JISEI (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for KANSEI (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FURRY 2 ULTIMATE EDITION (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ALCARYS COMPLEX (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ZOMBIES GROUPEES LIMITED EDITION (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1461041448z1.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I prefer remembering thhe superior version artstyle thank you very much >:\
Hopefully it gets modded quickyly.

Well you can always play Blood Covered PSP in PPSSPP I'm more interested in the unique content then some portrait mod. Reminds me of the "umineko fans" and the PS3 sprites thing.

\o/

ModBot said:
Instructions for laserlaser:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-774E0A820F3130DD - Taken by GaussTek
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Star -- MB-17C8C2183B4F92DF - Taken by Mikurden
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-7A239AFB5EE3FA1A - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Jazz573

Memory's Dogma development update #5

The Release Schedule of Memory's Dogma

We've translated a new blog post from LizArts with a development update about Memory's Dogma.

The production of Memory’s Dogma has been progressing nicely, and we are happy to announce the schedule for Memory's Dogma. We had been working on the schedule since last year.

- “Memory’s Dogma” will be a multi-part release

- The first chapter was the story we wanted to write when this project began, and it was originally planned to be the common route for the first week.

- We are planning to release the Japanese version in August 2016, and the dual-language version sometime between September and November 2016.

- The Japanese version (physical release) is planned to coincide with the dates for Summer Comic Market. However, it may be later.

- If there are delays, only the dual-language version will be released.

- The story is planned to be divided into 2-4 game releases.

- Kickstarter supporters will get all of the digital releases as they become available.

When the Memory’s Dogma project started in 2013, it was originally planned to have a mainline scenario as the base story, and other routes were going to be branched off from the main story as sub-stories. It was going to consist of roughly 80% mainline and 20% sub-story branches. 

However, with this successful Kickstarter, we decided to increase the total amount of scenarios and as well as improve the overall quality of the game (of course, this also includes improving the background art and audio). As a result of digging into each character’s story more deeply, we created a main scenario for each of the heroines (Reina, Haruna, Akane, and Ema). 

Doing so has enabled us to give heroines their own unique stories and characters, and write about their own problems that they are facing, which we couldn’t accomplish in the previously-planned structure. This is one of those amazing things about crowdfunding. This is all thanks to those of you who supported us on Kickstarter.

We announced once last year that we had reconsidered and reconstructed the layout of the story scenarios before entering production. More scenarios simply meant that there were more materials to be made and thus more time needed. Even if we had rushed production of the game, there was no guarantee that we would be ready in time for Winter Comic Market in December. Besides, making a game quickly ultimately means we have to “not make” something in order to reach a deadline. Even now, we still have to do that to some extent.

For the sake of all of our supporters on Kickstarter, and the rest of you who are looking forward to playing the game, we wanted everyone to be able to play the game as soon as possible, and to ensure that the game is worth playing.

To determine how we could make a high quality game and release it as soon as possible, we consulted with Sekai Project and many others who offered their advice and support. The final decision we made was to pursue a multi-part release. We are planning to release the Japanese version in August 2016, and a dual-language release between September and November 2016.

That being said, we are working on the Reina route for the first chapter, as this was originally going to be the main story route. Since this was planned to be the common route for the first week, we thought it would be the best to have this come out first in terms of the overall story flow. Although it is possible that the release of the Japanese packaged version will be after September, we are trying our best to make it in time for Summer Comic Market in August. The number of Japanese packaged editions that will be distributed will be low, since we are going to release the dual-language version as soon as the English translation is complete. The overall story is planned to be divided into 2-4 game releases.

We are not completely sure how to divide the story yet, but we would like to split it in the best way possible for the scenarios to make sense. We are thinking of dividing this into two releases, and if this is not possible, we will have a maximum of four. Our Kickstarter backers are going to receive all of the 2-4 games, no matter how many releases the title is divided into. We are going to continue to do our best, and we would like you to stay with us as we work to bring Memory’s Dogma to the public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're still working out how to deliver the physical versions to backers. As shipping each game individually will be very costly. We're also going to try something a bit new this time. We would like to get backer's opinion gathered on our forums so we can better organize and search comments. So please give us your ideas or thoughts on this latest update here.

I finally beat Artorias in the original Souls DLC. Never got around to it before, and got to say, it was amazing. I said I wouldn't play Souls 3 until after my ISP issue is resolved, but it's calling me now...

Play Souls 3, or finish Souls 1 DLC?

Nabs

I finally beat Artorias in the original Souls DLC. Never got around to it before, and got to say, it was amazing. I said I wouldn't play Souls 3 until after my ISP issue is resolved, but it's calling me now...

Play Souls 3, or finish Souls 1 DLC?

Finish the DLC. You still have two great fights up ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom