• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsun

Banned
I finally beat Artorias in the original Souls DLC. Never got around to it before, and got to say, it was amazing. I said I wouldn't play Souls 3 until after my ISP issue is resolved, but it's calling me now...

Play Souls 3, or finish Souls 1 DLC?

Finish the DLC and the game then move on.

Soulflarz

Banned
I finally beat Artorias in the original Souls DLC. Never got around to it before, and got to say, it was amazing. I said I wouldn't play Souls 3 until after my ISP issue is resolved, but it's calling me now...

Play Souls 3, or finish Souls 1 DLC?

souls 1 dlc is a lot more fun, so
Here's the thread about the game created by yours truly; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492837

Thanks

wait
created by yours truly
h-huh?

The threads not made by you
so...the game?

Tizoc

Sooooo in case shintoki doesnt reply in a few hours im gonna roll a magic 8ball and have the game gifted to one of the other 'winners' in the dr2 giveaway ^^;

FF Tactics on Steam is a no brainer for SE.

It's a fans' favorite with almost no competition. Just port the Vita version and it'll be printing money right away.

I hope there's a SE representative like Capcom's wbacon here in Neogaf so I can yell at him/her about how stupid they are all this time.

Tizoc

It's a fans' favorite with almost no competition. Just port the Vita version and it'll be printing money right away.
U mean the psp ver which got ported to ios
Which se will port to steam

She eaking of which waht is the mod potentiel for ff9 like atm?

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope you up voted all my notes there. ♡
idk, there weren't that many messages

irithyll dungeon would be fine if it weren't for those jailers which have two really annoying attacks that make going through it not very fun, and they don't really manage to convey the creepyness of the monsters they're meant to reference

also i'm back to using the estoc cos that thing is just super overpowered it feels. staggers most enemies with a few hits, is really fast and has a long reach and deals a ton of damage compared to the dual drang hammers. not the most fun weapon but it gets the job done for now

I hope there's a SE representative like Capcom's wbacon here in Neogaf so I can yell at him/her about how stupid they are all this time.
would be awesome if they port it

it's a strong contender for my favorite final fantasy game and i would love to do another playthrough

Boom.

Someone please tell me that the price shows. I don't want a bunch of people mad at me that it says N/A and then suddenly shows up as $3.99.

It doesn't show up here.

YFjtoFq.jpg

U mean the psp ver which got ported to ios
Which se will port to steam

She eaking of which waht is the mod potentiel for ff9 like atm?

Yes, The War of the Lion.

FFIX modding is on-going, but in a somewhat slow pace. It's a Unity game afterall so it's moddable. Some early mods are stretching the image so it becomes widescreen, switching the grey bars to black, etc.

would be awesome if they port it

it's a strong contender for my favorite final fantasy game and i would love to do another playthrough

Yeah, I'll easily buy FF Tactics day one if they port it later. It's been a long while since the last time I played the game. So I hope it'll be a somewhat fresh playthrough for me.

Actress Again? Who comes up with these names?

Someone once posted some gifs from the Corpse Party anime in this thread which traumatized me for life, they actually made me hesitate in checking out the games lol.

Tizoc

Actress Again? Who comes up with these names?

Someone once posted some gifs from the Corpse Party anime in this thread which traumatized me for life, they actually made me hesitate in checking out the games lol.
If u think actress again is bad you should go read tvtropes' nasuverse page
It is enough for english majors to announce jihad against japan :v

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I'll easily buy FF Tactics day one if they port it later. It's been a long while since the last time I played the game. So I hope it'll be a somewhat fresh playthrough for me.

i never played the psp version so i'd be interested in what changes there

who here gettin a ps4k

Only bought the PS4 in December, don't see myself being able to afford a new console in another 3 or 4 years, though I guess selling it to buy a 4k might be an option. I'll have to see how much of a difference it makes for the games that take advantage of it.
I got a good deal for the PS4 when I bought it and I could make most of the money back if I sold it now, if the 4K really is priced at 399 that wouldn't be too much of an investment after the selling the vanilla.
I'll have to see if it's worth the trouble, being stuck with the inferior versions of games is going to suck, not gonna deny it, I'm pretty sure GT Sport and GoW4 will already be taking advantage of it.

Stop calling it PS4K. It's called Neo™.

I'm not sure how should I feel about it. I was planning to get a PS4 this or next year, but with this new rumors regarding better console versions, I'm definitely gonna hold out more for my decision.

dex3108

Almost three years of next gen consoles and the only essential title out is Bloodborne. Not about to buy a new PS4 version when the exclusive library has been this poor.

I said this in PS4K thread too. People are constantly saying it is just +1 platform for devs. But it is not, if MS doeas same thing and Nintendo makes right moves with NX that will be 5 console platforms for development and PC. It will be +1 for exclusives and 1st party devs but for multiplatform it will be 4 or 5 consoles and PC with hardware variations. Somewhere, somebody or something will suffer.

I said this in PS4K thread too. People are constantly saying it is just +1 platform for devs. But it is not, if MS doeas same thing and Nintendo makes right moves with NX that will be 5 console platforms for development and PC. It will be +1 for exclusives and 1st party devs but for multiplatform it will be 4 or 5 consoles and PC with hardware variations. Somewhere, somebody or something will suffer.

But PC is thousands of platforms and it's been fine. People bring PC games comparison to the discussions.

dex3108

But PC is thousands of platforms and it's been fine. People bring PC games comparison to the discussions.

And why do you think newer games work poorly on mid range hardware on PC and why changing graphics settings has very little impact on performance in some games? :D

MUnited83

For you.

Well, it's not really the same thing, since the performance on PC is controlled by user choice. You can on PC change the settings until your PC is able to handle it.

On a console, the devs are going to have a target performance, and it will be basically equal for every single person with that console. Devs already have a very poor showing on consoles with this in mind, with subresed stuff with terrible performance. They barely bother to have PS4 games run like they should now, and they will give even less of a shit when the PS4K is out there.

This is why the comparison is disingenious. The situations are nothing alike, and devs don't go through every single individual configuration possible to assure it runs at a standard target everywhere.

orochi91

who here gettin a ps4k

Day 1.

Sold my PS4 a couple weeks ago in anticipation for the PS4K.

Going through some serious Diablo 3:UEE withdrawal though, so currently playing FF8 on PC to tide me over :/

I'll have to see if it's worth the trouble, being stuck with the inferior versions of games is going to suck, not gonna deny it, I'm pretty sure GT Sport and GoW4 will already be taking advantage of it.

I really wanna see what Horizon and UC4 will look like in NEO Mode.

And Bloodborne as well, but I'm not so sure From will bother patching it in.

Yeah, what I meant is that it's pretty hard to explain it to those people. Why can't people realize that right now with only 2-3 platforms devs are still struggling to optimize their games (even in exclusives like Bloodborne with its framepacing & framedrop issues). And now they have to optimize them to more platforms. They don't even trust those words from developers from the other thread back then, that these new consoles will make their developing and optimizing work more difficult.

dex3108

Yeah, what I meant is that it's pretty hard to explain it to those people. Why can't people realize that right now with only 2-3 platforms devs are still struggling to optimize their games (even in exclusives like Bloodborne with its framepacing & framedrop issues). And now they have to optimize them to more platforms. They don't even trust those words from developers from the other thread back then, that these new consoles will make their developing and optimizing work more difficult.

Because most of them think only about exclusives and not about multiplatform games. For exclusives it is not that big issue but for multiplatform games and developers in my opinion is huge deal.

Hektor

If all of this is true then Sony might as well just team up with Alienware next gen and release official Sony pc's with Unix based Playstation OS.

Consoles at this point are nothing more than pc's with a closed ecosystem pretty much the worst of both worlds.

VIRUSES AND DRIVER UPDATES WHEN???

Day 1.

Sold my PS4 a couple weeks ago in anticipation for the PS4K.

Going through some serious Diablo 3:UEE withdrawal though, so currently playing FF8 on PC to tide me over :/

I really wanna see what Horizon and UC4 will look like in NEO Mode.

And Bloodborne as well, but I'm not so sure From will bother patching it in.

I bought the PS4 mainly for UC4 so there's no way I'm selling it just before the release of the game lol. I'm not gonna wait until next year to play it.
I doubt BB will be patched to take advantage of the Neo, same for most games really. They might do it for UC4 since it's a flagship first party title though I'm not sure what exactly they would add. BB's frame-rate definitely needs fixing but assuming UC4 runs at a fairly solid 30fps, what are they going to do? There's no way the Neo can run it at 60 and the visuals already seem to be pretty much flawless. Maybe better shadows and AA? It's just that I don't see them going back to games to replace textures, improve the lighting model etc. That's why I'm only expecting to see a difference in games that will release alongside or after it.

Tellaerin

If all of this is true then Sony might as well just team up with Alienware next gen and release official Sony pc's with Unix based Playstation OS.

Consoles at this point are nothing more than pc's with a closed ecosystem pretty much the worst of both worlds.

VIRUSES AND DRIVER UPDATES WHEN???

A closed ecosystem will protect you from viruses, at least. :p

And consoles (and handhelds >_< ) already get firmware updates. -_-;

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Legends of Atlantis: Exodus -- MB-39E397DE01C2CA7A - Taken by SSPssp
To Ash -- MB-E2E8763674A1B88B - Taken by rainking187
League of Mermaids -- MB-35A422303E17EC47 - Taken by NingenJanai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom