• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

I have a question guys and dont really know where to ask.

I want to take a day off tuesday to praise the sun but I dont know for sure when DS3 is releasing. Im based in Europe and the idea is to start to play the night of monday (at midnight if the release time permits).

Does anybody have an exact date for the game going live.

Thanks in advance peep.

Pinging @JaseC

Also, Sansa, big fan of yours, great work, the ban'll help ya mastering the gungeon.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There are pigeon men that spew poison and huge men that throw pots at you. Dark Souls 3 is a great game.

Happy You (have not) Died day zkylon.

Adry9

I want to take a day off tuesday to praise the sun but I dont know for sure when DS3 is releasing. Im based in Europe and the idea is to start to play the night of monday (at midnight if the release time permits).

Thanks in advance peep.

Pinging @JaseC

Also, Sansa, big fan of yours, great work, the ban'll help ya mastering the gungeon.

Midnight from Monday to Tuesday.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Thanks in advance peep.

Pinging @JaseC

11pm UK time monday apparently

New Fear Effect announced

Indie developer takes to Kickstarter - with Square Enix's blessing.
But this new Fear Effect won't be a big budget affair - as Fear Effect on PSone was. Instead, it'll be an indie game from a little-known studio that's using crowdfunding to raise development cash.

French studio Sushee worked with Square Enix's The Collective two years ago on adventure game Goetia. After the publisher signalled it was open to pitches for new games set in its back catalogue of dormant franchises, it worked on a Fear Effect prototype heavily influenced by Shadowrun Returns. Square Enix liked the pitch and gave the thumbs up to a Kickstarter for Fear Effect Sedna, which is set to launch Tuesday, 12th April.

They started this as a comfy couch/bridge the gap device, but I feel that the Steam Controller beats out the conventional controller in most cases. Dark Souls is a massive win since you never have to lift your fingers to switch weapons or spells. You just place a second d-pad on the right touchpad as a mode shift and you're golden. For a shooter, you get trackball and gyro accuracy that beats out a conventional controller every time. Twin Stick games like Gungeon and Bastion work really well with a Mouse Region on the right pad, this is where the right pad becomes a near 1:1 representation of your screen. A game like Shadow Complex feels like it was made for the precision you get with the Steam Controller, running and gunning with incredible accuracy. I seriously can't go back to a terrible right stick again.

My Steam Controller has done wonders for my DS4 battery life.
Tell me more. I'm having trouble working out exactly what to do.

Yoshinori Ono discusses Street Fighter 5's launch problems
Now, Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono has opened up about these launch woes, admitting the game failed to satisfy those who enjoy the single-player aspect of fighting games.

"I think it's safe to say that we underestimated the popularity of some of the single-player features," Ono said in an interview with Game Informer (via EventHubs).

"That said, we are excited about the two all-new single-player modes - character story and survival - and we have plans to continue to refine and expand onto those experiences."

derExperte

That Drumpf app gave me an idea so now I have an extension installed that replaces 'hpy bday' with something else. Last ditch effort. Also my apologies to the anime community, you guys weren't so bad all things considered.

Ludens

Banned
I'm loving D4 but I think the way the case proceed is very stupid. Like you move a shelf which seems useless from a plot point of view, and you screw up yourself on talking to other characters so you will probably need to replay the chapter again for that.
I hope at least there's a way to skip cutscenes.

Anyway I need more of this, I hope Swery will release Season 2 (hopefully the last one) soon or later.

Jawmuncher

Tizoc

I'll take what I can get I guess.

Total BS. As a big player in the fighting game market you know exactly what people wanted. You just had to push it out due to the big wigs wanting it to boost finances for the quarter.
I think everyone regrets pushing put the game now.
Yup theyve been in the game long enough to know to just uave a genreric arcade mode at least
Instill say they funneled the sf5 funding tomother capcoom projects

Jawmuncher

Yup theyve been in the game long enough to know to just uave a genreric arcade mode at least
Instill say they funneled the sf5 funding tomother capcoom projects

You know that would surprise me. Capcom was really weary of doing a SF title right now. They really don't seem to want to use UE.

Arthea

Polyology is a fun little puzzler, a sokoban type, it ran horribly for me on Radeon but it seems to run fine on the Nvidia card. I recommend it. I actually find it more fun than Sokobond which seemed like a great idea for such a game but turned to be a tad too repetitive.

edited: any known solutions to that subs problem yet?

I opened a thread on steam community hub to ask if PC users will get Dear Esther DC for free, and one dude replied he wants it as paid DLC.

that makes no sense whatsoever. Any reasoning why?

Ludens

Banned
I opened a thread on steam community hub to ask if PC users will get Dear Esther DC for free, and one dude replied he wants it as paid DLC.

3o85g952Ymjz88LDpe.gif

Uzzy

Such a confused, messy launch. It feels like there was a lack of focus as to who to aim SFV for. Talking about MK9/X's single player content, but not having anything close to that at launch. Reducing the difficulty in execution to let more players into the game, but not giving them any tools to actually learn the game, at least at launch.

I really hope it gets the support it needs, and the sales figures to justify that support, as SFV is an amazingly great fighting game at it's core. I love playing it, and I love watching the pros go at it. In a few years time I hope it'll be thought of as one of the greats.

Also, it'd be nice if the fighting game with the most support for PC actually succeeded.

Deques

that makes no sense whatsoever. Any reasoning why?

Looks like he wants to support the devs

For free? Why? I'd LOVE to get it as a DLC though, but this game is one of those things for which I'm absolutely not minding to pay money for, let it be the soundtrack or additional commentary.

Please, devs! Release that commentary as DLC for the PC version as well! :D

Ludens

Banned
EDIT: Well, Deques posted it.
I don't understand why someone wants to pay for a commentary. I mean, from what I read, the DC only add that.

Arthea

The only thread I find my way to without subs is a steam thread. We better talk about games a lot or I might die of boredom.

I don't understand why someone wants to pay for a commentary. I mean, from what I read, the DC only add that.

wait a second, only commentary? Are you sure?
I don't even care then

Deques

DC just adds that? I wouldn't pay for commentaries at all. If there were graphical enhancement and more content in the game I would probably buy the upgrade. But since I haven't played the game yet I wouldn't even want the upgrade...

Ludens

Banned
DC just adds that? I wouldn't pay for commentaries at all. If there were graphical enhancement and more content in the game I would probably buy the upgrade

Yup, it seems so:

The console versions will debut a “Director’s Commentary” mode in which subsequent replays will be accompanied by an audio retrospective of the game’s inception, development, release and impact by the game’s creators.

http://www.godisageek.com/2016/04/dear-esther-directors-cut-xbox-one-ps4-release/

There's nothing else in the statement, maybe a graphics update is planned as well, but I don't think it will be something substantial Also it would be interesting to see if the console port will use the Source or ChineseRoom will switch to Unreal 4 or Unity.

Also, you miss nothing. Dear Esther is 30 minutes long, story is confusing and vague. For me, it's just a nice tech demo, but it's not even comparable to other "walking similator", since the only goal here is pushing W to proceed. There's really nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom