• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

DC just adds that? I wouldn't pay for commentaries at all. If there were graphical enhancement and more content in the game I would probably buy the upgrade. But since I haven't played the game yet I wouldn't even want the upgrade...

yeah, I thought it's some sort if remastered edition, with improved graphics, cards, cheevos and all that. I already have played it, so not interested unless it's a significant update.

http://www.godisageek.com/2016/04/dear-esther-directors-cut-xbox-one-ps4-release/

There's nothing else in the statement, maybe a graphics update is planned as well, but I don't think it will be something substantial Also it would be interesting to see if the console port will use the Source or ChineseRoom will switch to Unreal 4 or Unity.

Also, you miss nothing. Dear Esther is 30 minutes long, story is confusing and vague. For me, it's just a nice tech demo, but it's not even comparable to other "walking similator", since the only goal here is pushing W to proceed. There's really nothing else.

I don't agree with you, as far as waking sim goes, DE is most interesting of those I've played, not every story has to be simple and obvious. And discovering that story also finding clues along the way what makes it not horrid, it's also quite beautiful as a plus.
Now when I think about it, it probably was only walking sim I kinda liked.

edited: I also must say I haven't played Ethan Carter yet, which I probably will like better, if it's true what I know about it.

Ludens

Banned
yeah, I thought it's some sort if remastered edition, with improved graphics, cards, cheevos and all that. I already have played it, so not interested unless it's a significant update.

I don't agree with you, as far as waking sim goes, DE is most interesting of those I've played, not every story has to be simple and obvious. And discovering that story also finding clues along the way what makes it not horrid, it's also quite beautiful as a plus.
Now when I think about it, it probably was only walking sim I kinda liked.

edited: I also must say I haven't played Ethan Carter yet, which I probably will like better, if it's true what I know about it.

Eh, I don't know. Played it on release, I thought it was just an overrated game.
Vanishing of Ethan Carter is really great, the plot is very interesting, the soundtrack amazing and the puzzles are nicely implemented.
I loved it.
Also happy birthday Zkylon.

ViviOggi

Quantum Break "6K" screens

tumblr_m9yeznm1ca1qln22g.gif

Roarer

They started this as a comfy couch/bridge the gap device, but I feel that the Steam Controller beats out the conventional controller in most cases. Dark Souls is a massive win since you never have to lift your fingers to switch weapons or spells. You just place a second d-pad on the right touchpad as a mode shift and you're golden.

Tell me more. I'm having trouble working out exactly what to do.

That's genius. I need to make this config right now.

The Red Wizard: You can assign a different set of actions to a button/pad that activates when you input a command, like a button press or a trigger pull. In this case, select the right pad and enter mode shift. From there, you can select what action activates the mode shift and what the mode shift does to the right track pad.

Firebrand

Anyone know anything about Gamesplanet, they legit / good? They claim to get all their keys directly from the publisher and their Dark Souls III price is pretty good - £48 for the Deluxe Edition.

I actually got the game at £44 from GMG already but I'm not super comfortable with them supplying keys only after release and not wanting to tell where it's from.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Looks like a criminal doing the Rebel's work :)

Is it a spoiler if we all know that they actually stolen the plans of Death Star?

Finally, the story of Manny Bothans will be told.

Messiah

Anyone know anything about Gamesplanet, they legit / good? They claim to get all their keys directly from the publisher and their Dark Souls III price is pretty good - £48 for the Deluxe Edition.

I actually got the game at £44 from GMG already but I'm not super comfortable with them supplying keys only after release and not wanting to tell where it's from.

To the best of my knowledge they are a legit reseller. I bought new releases from them a few times.

So yeah, as soon as I went to the tower of flames instead of banging my head against the Sentinels in the lost bastille I started wrecking shit thanks to all the leveling I did in the wrong spot.

Shit is almost too easy now.

Hektor

So yeah, as soon as I went to the tower of flames instead of banging my head against the Sentinels in the lost bastille I started wrecking shit thanks to all the leveling I did in the wrong spot.

Are you playing original or sotfs? Its a joke area in the first release, sotfs made the area a lot harder.

Lain

Sekai has another game on greenlight, this time a 2D point-and-click adventure (with puzzles?):

Resette's Prescription ~Book of memory, Swaying scale~
Features:

- Designed to feel like a picture book, Resette's world is lovingly crafted from hand-drawn watercolor images!

- Characters show a wide range of emotion through not just their speech, but also their body language. The combination of the lively chibi characters and the watercolor backgrounds makes one feel as if they are venturing into the world of a picture book.  

- A wide variety of challenging puzzles to work your way through!

- Beautifully composed opening and ending sequences! The opening is even fully animated!

Arminsc

Don't know if you consider that spoiler or want to go blind, but the wiki has a neat progression route for the recommended area order. You can check that if you get stuck again.

Are you playing original or sotfs? Its a joke area in the first release, sotfs made the area a lot harder.
Playing SOTFS. I never played vanilla so I can't compare it myself but lost bastille felt brutal.

It's okay now though because it hardened both my resolve and my character's stats so much that now in the tower of flames it feels like I'm playing Baby Souls.

Can't wait to go back and wreck the Sentinels like how superman fucks up the asshole trucker at the end of superman 2

Lain

Wuvcraft is getting competition.

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure is a comedy point 'n click love letter to classic-era Lucas adventures, HP Lovecraft, Hitchcock and many, many others. A lighthearted spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos, Gibbous will have you controlling 3 protagonists, dealing with strange cultists, ancient voodoo, and Dead Cthulhu himself. Well, "dead" is just a matter of opinion...

And while I'm looking through greenlight, for shmup fans?

Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

Set in a mechanized world, the story begins with a world-renowned young scientist named Veloce. One day she invented "Mecha" and eradicated humankind with her creation, recreating a metallic world filled with Mechas. Pilot humanity's last hope, a Mecha imbued with human will, through the onslaught of enemy waves. Yet as the tides of battles turn and the world reveals itself, perhaps there's more than what meets the eye.

With an FM Synth soundtrack and a distinctive visual design, Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo combines retro aesthetics with modern sensibilities. Along with the simple controls, handcrafted stages and exciting unlockables, you will find yourself coming back for more.

Tons of features!
Classic Arcade Shoot ‘Em Up - Frantic fast-paced shooter action.
Dynamic Rank System - Self-adjusts to ease in new players or challenge veterans.
A Colourful Retro World - Stylised visuals mixing vector graphics and pixel art.
Apocalyptic Mechanized Setting - A story of destructive genius and human will.
Deep Satisfying Combat - 15 handcrafted stages with 40 unique bosses.
Exciting Unlockables - 12 playable Mechas, branching paths, multiple endings, and more.
FM Synthesizer-based Soundtrack - 36 original tracks to accompany your journey.

Thank you for your support and we hope you get to enjoy the game!

AHA-Lambda

Just in case anyone has ordered DS3 from TGC, they now can't fulfil orders of the physical version but will offer keys instead.

Working title for BvS?

Would you happen to know if the VPN -> cart -> VPN off -> Paypal thing works for Dark Souls 3?

My initial reluctance to pick up the game around launch is caving fast.

I don't know because I'm from South America, so I can usually just buy stuff from there without any restrictions.

I don't know because I'm from South America, so I can usually just buy stuff from there without any restrictions.

Ah.

Up until now, I have just assumed you were the spirit of Ronnie James Dio. I liked that universe where I could talk to RJD about games I like on Steam. I'm going to go back to it.

Ludens

Banned
Oh, for those two people still interested, today Konami should release Survival Mode for MGO.
I wonder if they fixed that nasty automatch bug, because it seems all servers are still offline.
I'm wondering for how much time Konami will keep on supporting the game too, people on community hub are claiming there were no FOB event for a while, so maybe they are slowly abandoning the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom