• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

So I just completed Borderlands: The Presequel.

Gosh. This is a case where I wasn't expecting much, and even those expectations were barely met - and I played it in co-op which should always be more fun when it comes to this franchise! The visuals were obviously upgraded (Physx was put to great use here) and the humor was still OK, but other than that, it just didn't cut it for me. Thankfully it's a somewhat shorter experience than B2, because it *really* started to drag towards the end of the game. Confusing level design at some points was also one of the downsides for me.

A very uneven experience, but I can somewhat recommend it to the people who aren't burned out on the franchise yet, and only to them probably. Thankfully I got it at a discount, otherwise I would have regretted the purchase.

yuraya

Fallout 4 winning best game in the BAFTA awards.

Bethesda proving once again why they are the best game developer in the world.

Flandy

Finally the life is strange dating sim we've all been asking for

FEATURES:

A female protagonist with 4 female love interests to choose from: Chloe Price, Kate Marsh, Victoria Chase, and Rachel Amber
Emotional storylines and characterization that evolve and respond to your choices
Peaceful alternate universe setting with all of the cozy nostalgia of Arcadia Bay but none of the suffering
More than 150,000 words making for hours of gameplay
9 unique endings
A journal that changes dynamically according to your decisions
32 achievements to find
A gallery with 48 unlockable images
Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
Hawt Dawg Man
Lots of love for the world of Life is Strange and its characters

http://suspucious.tumblr.com/post/142417826846

-MD-

Fallout 4 winning best game in the BAFTA awards.

Bethesda proving once again why they are the best game developer in the world.

tumblr_l5lcjpBLc51qccnyeo1_400.png

Annubis

Finally the life is strange dating sim we've all been asking for

FEATURES:

A female protagonist with 4 female love interests to choose from: Chloe Price, Kate Marsh, Victoria Chase, and Rachel Amber
Emotional storylines and characterization that evolve and respond to your choices
Peaceful alternate universe setting with all of the cozy nostalgia of Arcadia Bay but none of the suffering
More than 150,000 words making for hours of gameplay
9 unique endings
A journal that changes dynamically according to your decisions
32 achievements to find
A gallery with 48 unlockable images
Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
Hawt Dawg Man
Lots of love for the world of Life is Strange and its characters

http://suspucious.tumblr.com/post/142417826846

Wait... is this DontNod approved or will it be taken down instantly?

AHA-Lambda

Dare I tempt this argument again, but I saw cdkeys is selling GBP steam credit at slightly under cost.

Tempting.
But then again, grey market reselling.
idk how it'd affect keys for steam credit.

mp1990

Banned
LOVE 4x games, might have to get Endless Legend
I've never touched any of their games, but I'm pretty tempted to grab Endless Legend, looks fun as hell. Is it any similar to the Civilization franchise? It's the only TBS series I'm familiarized with.

Anno

I'm awful at Total War games, but I'm still super hyped for Total Warhammer. Every video they put out just gets me more pumped. This Chaos vs. Empire video today is great.

I've never touched any of their games, but I'm pretty tempted to grab Endless Legend, looks fun as hell. Is it any similar to the Civilization franchise? It's the only TBS series I'm familiarized with.

Quite. Though Amplitude is great at making their games unique within the 4x space at the same time. Art and world building specifically are quite a bit above most any other strategy company, IMO.

Balthuk

So I'm thinking of buying an adapter for ps1/ps2 controller to usb in order to use my 2 super old controllers on my pc since I don't have any and the cheapest ps3/xbox360 ones cost like $30 in my country.
Anyone tried that? Do modern games accept such a solution?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait... is this DontNod approved or will it be taken down instantly?

From their FAQs:

Are you associated with DONTNOD?

Nope! We’re a completely fanbased game. We’re not affiliated with Dontnod or Square Enix at all.

So, the later most likely. That is if DontNod or Square care enough.

A new year, a new day just like any other before. A little older but not much wiser.
Sorry it's only chump-change but may it lead to someone's happiness and return good karma.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventures of Pip -- MB-0AE5704935040380 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 26 entrants total.
A fun retro platformer
Binary Domain Collection -- MB-5D982E505373BE01 - Taken by daydream. 3 entrants total.
One of my favorite TPS of recent time!
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition -- MB-3BC2A318EC070D8C - Taken by Lashley. 21 entrants total.
Your best shot at a good Batman vs. Superman
Shadow Blade: Reload -- MB-0CC6A21E68C755A9 - Taken by Natty1. 19 entrants total.
I hear it's better than new Strider
Rex Rocket -- MB-233912F5558E9FAF - Taken by user237. 9 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-36D226F03AEA648F - Taken by GaussTek. 22 entrants total.
A charming classic
Divekick -- MB-C9BD9DBB2F1396DA - Taken by Cth. 6 entrants total.
Sky Rogue -- MB-9F07A69BFF0B2C87 - Taken by fallout. 21 entrants total.
La-Mulana -- MB-B91856A731E2DFB2 - Taken by data. 9 entrants total.

t1460158276z1.png

tmarg

I will never understand why people are willing to invest so much effort into something they can never own and is most likely going to be taken way.

If you have the skill necessary to make that game, then do it with your own characters. You can make money, and as an added benefit someone might actually get to play it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I played no Enter the Gungeon today. Im sad :(

Oh its Veggie's birthday? Im happy again

MUnited83

For you.
Guys, nobody will shut it down. You guys have a really warped view of the ammount of games that get taken down. Here's a thing: most fan games are not taken down, and will not ever be taken down.

I will never understand why people are willing to invest so much effort into something they can never own and is most likely going to be taken way.

If you have the skill necessary to make that game, then do it with your own characters. You can make money, and as an added benefit someone might actually get to play it.
For the same reason people like to write fan fiction and draw fanart? People like those worlds and those characters and like to create things about them because they are passionate. This is not hard to understand.

tmarg

Cheapest place to get Dark Souls 3?
Asking for a friend.

Is Nuveem an option still?

Most stuff on Nuuvem is locked now, I imagine we would have heard about it by now if that wasn't the case with DS3.

I think funstock and gamesplanet are the cheapest at around $45

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, nobody will shut it down. You guys have a really warped view of the ammount of games that get taken down. Here's a thing: most fan games are not taken down, and will not ever be taken down.

Ill take you down

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'd say that's a reasonable statement as long as you're not talking about a fan project of something made by Nintendo

I really hope Mother 4 gets a release

MUnited83

For you.
I'd say that's a reasonable statement as long as you're not talking about a fan project of something made by Nintendo

I really hope Mother 4 gets a release

Even Nintendo generally isn't as bad as people think either. Unless you're advertising your project as a "HD remake/version" or as a "sequel", you'll generally be fine. There's thousands of fan games out there, some very, very sucessful, that didn't get a single takedown notice. A Life is Strange visual novel, that doesn't share the same gameplay or even plot is definitely safe.

Rhaknar

So what did Fish Afficionado in anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom