• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone unable to connect to gaming side specifically? As in, this thread and off-topic are fine but gaming side displays a "problem loading page" error.

It's weiiiirrrd.
Works fine for me on mobile.

Https connection is down however, there was a thread about it in off-topics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That moment someone is playing some stupid match 3 game or hidden object game and you assume they are idling but they are actually playing it of their own free will

200w_d.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is anyone unable to connect to gaming side specifically? As in, this thread and off-topic are fine but gaming side displays a "problem loading page" error.

It's weiiiirrrd.

The root domain (www.neogaf.com) is redirecting to https, which isn't working. Evilore is working on getting it fixed.

This link should still work but let me know if it doesn't.

It's weiiiirrrd.
Something fishy is going on. I heard people were having trouble w/ subscriptions & logging in earlier. Gaming side is fine for me, but when I google search for a thread it wont open from the google link, I have to copy the thread number and paste it into an existing tab to work

Wait the price changes when you add it to the cart?

Yeap.

Yup. The Broken Sword bundle the other day was the same for me.

Probably the same issue, which if I had to guess would be something along the lines of the app/sub id included in the package not being the one you own for a product. So when you look at the bundle page, it calculates correctly, but when you get to the checkout, it notices you don't own the exact package the bundle includes and adds it back in.

r3n4ud

That moment someone is playing some stupid match 3 game or hidden object game and you assume they are idling but they are actually playing it of their own free will

200w_d.gif
Hey now, I was playing with my daughter lol

Also, I'm a huge fan of casual games :p

Ozium

please keep the dark souls talk in the dark souls threads, some of us won't want it spoiled that a longsword or a claymore appears in the game.

(I saw someone in a DS3 thread say they were using a
Claymore
and I was thinking why the fuck is a common sword type in spoiler text... wtf?)

This day went from nice to pretty incredible very fast. Some of you folks are saints.

It's weiiiirrrd.
Today I had the issue of reaching neogaf altogether. Issue was https://neogaf.com , going to http://neogaf.com solved it, on mobile and desktop. What you described is different but it's worth a try.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey now, I was playing with my daughter lol

Also, I'm a huge fan of casual games :p

Why do you assume it was you, how self involved are you dog doctor? Jeez...

It was you

Wasn't there rumblings of an Enhanced Edition-style patch coinciding with Blood & Wine? I don't remember a source on that, though.
This day went from nice to pretty incredible very fast. Some of you folks are saints.
Today I had the issue of reaching neogaf altogether. Issue was https://neogaf.com , going to http://neogaf.com solved it, on mobile and desktop. What you described is different but it's worth a try.

Same destination as jshackles' first link. (Cannot connect, redirected.)

It's probably partly on my side with how specific it is. Sometimes my router just gives up and has to be restarted.

Rhaknar

Oh yeah

The giantbomb cats said on the bombcast the lords of the fallen devs are making a sci-fi Souls-like game, is there any truth to that? Ive never heard about it and I think the news of a sci fi setting Souls style game (something a lot of us want) would be big, since From will probably never do that

Oh yeah

The giantbomb cats said on the bombcast the lords of the fallen devs are making a sci-fi Souls-like game, is there any truth to that? Ive never heard about it and I think the news of a sci fi setting Souls style game (something a lot of us want) would be big, since From will probably never do that

Yeah. Not really my kind of sci-fi though, from the screenshots at least. I think From does real well in capturing beautiful decay in their art, level, and character designs, so I'd like (if they ever did a scifi souls) to take the cyberpunk/biopunk route.

200w_d.gif

That feel when someone would actually prefer someone to idle, rather than play their damn video games.
LhE9pQh.gif

What was that software that imports your libraries from Steam, Origin, GOG and Uplay? It was a thread, but I can't find it. Doesn't help that I don't remember the name of the program.

Rhaknar

Yeah. Not really my kind of sci-fi though, from the screenshots at least.

Oh shit. Lords of the Fallen was dope btw, ill fight each and everyone of you

What was that software that imports your libraries from Steam, Origin, GOG and Uplay? It was a thread, but I can't find it. Doesn't help that I don't remember the name of the program.

Horizon Zero Dawn

We're almost one month away from Stellaris. Get hyped.
Weirdly enough clicking on http link still goes to the https page. Try typing it in yourself in the browser.

Did you try deleting cookies and yes, even turning your PC OFF and ON?
I've already restarted my PC since it first began, so I'll try deleting cookies if the issues continue much longer.

And manually entering the URL has the same result as previously. Was worth a try, though.

iosefe

200w_d.gif

I play Bejewled 3 here and there...

on my origin account completely disconnected form steam

Teggy

Woo, I beat the first boss in Pillars, I don't have to give up in shame. It took a few tries because I didn't realize each little character has collision detection and they were getting caught on each other and tables and chairs instead of attacking. It didn't help they were in a tiny little room.

I need to read up on the damage system, though, I don't have a good handle on it.

Buraindo

Yeah. Not really my kind of sci-fi though, from the screenshots at least. I think From does real well in capturing beautiful decay in their art, level, and character designs, so I'd like (if they ever did a scifi souls) to take the cyberpunk/biopunk route.

Yeah not a big fan of those screens. Still, I'm still interested to see how it turns out even though I found Lords of the Fallen to be rather lacking.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-4546D6CC9F1E05BC - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-BB76C15967857ADF - Taken by yoshizzle. 5 entrants total.

t1460097377z1.png

Tellaerin

Arthea, man! The legendary GAFfer? Aw, forget it.

:p

In other news, Bionic Commando continues to deliver. Swinging and grappling around the environments feels great, especially once you get the rhythm down. Combat's fun - you're a bit of a glass cannon, IMO, but high mobility makes up for it. (If you're not grappling around, zipkicking people and performing ground pounds and swinging out of danger, you're doing it wrong.) My biggest complaints are that there are too many "radiation zones" (I'd like to explore the environments a little more without worrying about swinging into an Invisible Patch of Death) and too few/poorly placed checkpoints, especially if you're going after all the collectibles in each stage. Those are relatively minor faults, though.

From what I gather, the game didn't do well, which is a pity. Based on this, I'd've liked to have seen their proposed take on Strider.

Jawmuncher

Arthea, man! The legendary GAFfer? Aw, forget it.

:p

In other news, Bionic Commando continues to deliver. Swinging and grappling around the environments feels great, especially once you get the rhythm down. Combat's fun - you're a bit of a glass cannon, IMO, but high mobility makes up for it. (If you're not grappling around, zipkicking people and performing ground pounds and swinging out of danger, you're doing it wrong.) My biggest complaints are that there are too many "radiation zones" (I'd like to explore the environments a little more without worrying about swinging into an Invisible Patch of Death) and too few/poorly placed checkpoints, especially if you're going after all the collectibles in each stage. Those are relatively minor faults, though.

From what I gather, the game didn't do well, which is a pity. Based on this, I'd've liked to have seen their proposed take on Strider.

I loved Bionic Commando, Grins other game Wanted was good as well. Out of their main titles, only terminator was pretty meh. Had they stuck around they would have gotten a hit.
My only real complaint about BC was the redesign, it's not the worst but it's just not very memorable or impressive.

Knurek

Finally the life is strange dating sim we've all been asking for

FEATURES:

A female protagonist with 4 female love interests to choose from: Chloe Price, Kate Marsh, Victoria Chase, and Rachel Amber

Extremely important question - futanari yes/no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom