• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I continue to be hyped for Umbtella Corps and I think its going to be a good game but I dont have any confidence whatsoever on the game having a reliable userbase after a week.

I continue to be hyped for Umbtella Corps and I think its going to be a good game but I dont have any confidence whatsoever on the game having a reliable userbase after a week.

I think there's a destiny/division type of great game that can be made around Resident Evil but I don't trust the Capcom of 2016 to have any fucking clue how to go about such a money maker of a idea.

that said, at least Umbrella Corp looks better that Raccoon City though that isn't saying much.

Guys I'm trying to use my Steam controller with Mad Max, the mouse option does not work at the same time as the controller and the mouse joystick has doesn't allow me to up the sensitivity. Anything I can do?

If I am not mistaken, then the idea is that you max the controller sensitivity in-game, and then tweak the SC friction and so on to match your preferences.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

There's still an average amount of 20-80 people playing Operation Raccoon City years later on average on Steam despite it being GFWL and everything, so never know. The RE fanbase has some very dedicated players.

I think outside of the, "WHAT, WHY IS RE A COMPETITIVE SHOOTER?," it'll probably be fine for what it is. I think I'm a little more accepting of it since I enjoyed the HD Remasters, Revelations 2, and am looking forward to RE7 and REmake 2, but I do think it'll turn out better than most expect. It also helps that most previews of people who've played the game is, "...This is surprisingly good," from publications and a couple GAF'ers who played it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Imagine if you could play a game for free but you had to watch a commercial every level? I would suffer that.

You see, money to me is games at the moment
and I already have more than I can play before I hit 25, depressingly.
Especially when you account for MMOs.
Therefore I'm all for buying my game.

catabarez

Ucchedavāda;200424570 said:
If I am not mistaken, then the idea is that you max the controller sensitivity in-game, and then tweak the SC friction and so on to match your preferences.

Unfortunately there is no in game controller sensitivity.

ss_900e41bbc0da3cab1f0d1fe29a9664ae69417abd.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/451050/

Full Patch Notes (Includes updates for base game + other expansions as well): http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/content.php?670-Shifters-Release-Notes-1-4-0

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1205584

$9.74 on sale this week, plus all Endless titles/DLC on sale. No better time to hop in and get your fix before Stellaris comes to consume you.

Crazy that this game has nearly 700k owners according to SteamSpy and seems to get so little attention, but I guess when big name Civ V exists and has 8.5mil+ owners... And for the curious, Beyond Earth is at about 1.3mil owners.

Nabs

Guys I'm trying to use my Steam controller with Mad Max, the mouse option does not work at the same time as the controller and the mouse joystick has doesn't allow me to up the sensitivity. Anything I can do?

I believe they recently patched this and screwed everything up. The game used to allow for Mouse+Controller configs, but now I guess you're stuck with Joystick Camera.

Full Patch Notes (Includes updates for base game + other expansions as well): http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/content.php?670-Shifters-Release-Notes-1-4-0

$9.74 on sale this week, plus all Endless titles/DLC on sale. No better time to hop in and get your fix before Stellaris comes to consume you.

Crazy that this game has nearly 700k owners according to SteamSpy and seems to get so little attention, but I guess when big name Civ V exists and has 8.5mil+ owners... And for the curious, Beyond Earth is at about 1.3mil owners.

Beyond Earth having more owners than Endless Legend is almost criminal.

Guys, today I am testing if the DLC works correctly.

Do not enter if you just want a fun game to play. While my game is very sexy and muy fun, I am looking for someone to help test if the DLC is working properly or not.

I need the winner to PM me. Do not enter if you are doing this to hoard or if you do not want to give out your e-mail to a stranger.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim DLC DISTRIBUTION TEST DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE MY GUINEA PIG -- MB-19866A585F1A5183 - Taken by DasFool

illusionary

So, I have my shiny new laptop (
note, may not *actually* be shiny
) pretty much set up now and ready for some games. Before I get these installed, though, a quick question - is it possible for me to split Steam installs between two locations?

I have a couple of hard drives on my laptop - a 120GB SSD (about 90GB left after the OS and various utilities) and a 1TB HDD. If I can, I'd put some of the games I'm likely to play most likely on the SSD, but if Steam will only support a single install folder then I may as well just put them on the HDD straight away.

Holy fuck.

That Faction DLC is actually worth it.

illusionary

Did this a few days ago, works like a charm. Just follow the instructions here regarding steam. This also contains others tips for first time ssd users that I followed as well.

Cheers, very helpful - I'll give it a full read shortly. I've spent the best part of this evening getting everything no-gaming set up (save for some large file transfers, for which I should have a decently-sized USB flash drive tomorrow), so can focus on the more fun side of it properly over the weekend!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the Amplitude Endless Pack is actually cheaper than the Endless Legend collection if you own the spin off games (dungeon of the endless and endless space) because of the new bundle discount thing

and once again, Im tempted by a 4X game even tho I never played one :/ I assume this one is as complex as the others (aka as hard to get into?)

fallout

and once again, Im tempted by a 4X game even tho I never played one :/ I assume this one is as complex as the others (aka as hard to get into?)
It's probably a good one to jump into if you think it's interesting looking. I've played quite a few 4X games and while Endless Legend never particularly grabbed me, I think it's probably still a fine game, particularly if you've never played one before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's probably a good one to jump into if you think it's interesting looking. I've played quite a few 4X games and while Endless Legend never particularly grabbed me, I think it's probably still a fine game, particularly if you've never played one before.

is it any easier to get into than say, CIV 5 for example? The fantasy angle does help making it more enticing at least

I think there's a destiny/division type of great game that can be made around Resident Evil but I don't trust the Capcom of 2016 to have any fucking clue how to go about such a money maker of a idea.

that said, at least Umbrella Corp looks better that Raccoon City though that isn't saying much.

even if they wanted to they don't have the $$ for that anyway.

Anno

is it any easier to get into than say, CIV 5 for example? The fantasy angle does help making it more enticing at least

Some parts are more approachable, some less. The UI is amazing and I think the quests do a decent job guiding people; on the other hand the unit upgrades can be finicky, the tech levels are harder to learn and combat is just...unintuitive. Plus some of the races are so drastically different than others that it might be harder to keep track of everything.

Civ 5 really shouldn't be hard to get into as it's pretty simple to work through low-difficulty games if you just acknowledge that you'll be making a lot of decisions without the experience to know if they're right or not and just roll with what comes. Half the fun of 4x/GS games is losing in hilarious and interesting ways.

the Amplitude Endless Pack is actually cheaper than the Endless Legend collection if you own the spin off games (dungeon of the endless and endless space) because of the new bundle discount thing

It's not that bad at all, even for a 4X neophyte. Though most people usually start with Civ and branch from there as it's sort of the de facto 4X game. Posted this as a response in the other thread if you need help getting started:

Are there guides or something to this out there? I love 4x games but have never managed to get into Endless Legend, there's something about the starting game that really throws me.

I don't know of any specific written guides, but here's some videos/channels I like that might help:

• PANCZASU He just recently started making videos again after a 5-6 month absence. Has a few new "First Turns" guides that he's done in the past few weeks. Besides other tutorials/playthroughs. Expect Shifters content in the nearish future.
  • ArealFloodAdvisory -- (Tutorial Playlist) She has a soothing voice and is pretty good at explaining. Started streaming sometimes recently too @ https://www.twitch.tv/arealfloodadvisory
  • Arumba Has a couple playlists on the game. Pretty decent LPer.

There's a few more channels that have covered the game, but either don't have many videos or the videos are based on much older builds. eXplorminate, Civilization (Yogscast), Quill18 (one of my favorite LPers), TecToss (maybe belongs in the above section but I haven't watched many of his videos)

MUnited83

For you.

I had literally no idea that this was a thing until today. I really liked the first one. Keep a eye on this if you enjoy roguelike games

Why is that? Never bought from there but I assume they do have digital delivery as opposed to Amazon?

Doesn't the site require a US credit card or address? I recall people having problems with it and couldn't pull the "got a mail stop number in Miami" thing you can do with Amazon.

Why is that? Never bought from there but I assume they do have digital delivery as opposed to Amazon?
With Bing rewards I need to get a Gamestop code and then go to Gamestop, scan my three or four codes and then get my $20 card for free.

If amazon did it I could just abuse bing and stockpile my credits and never have to go to Gamestop again.

Also don't think Gamestop does email delivery of Steam cards yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom