• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Crimsonclaw111, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Crimsonclaw111, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Bayonetta: Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-F60BF8538CDE8D3F - Taken by GrinningColossus. 107 entrants total.

t1492307433z1.png

The prologue and epilogue of that RPGCodex interview made my eyes roll so goddamn hard. The Codex is a strange group of people that clearly love RPGs dearly and have really high standards, but at the same time they can be unnecessarily harsh and abrasive. Although they do ask some questions that no one else in the gaming press would and that makes the interview interesting.

I'm really curious to know why InXile is so interested in placating them. You never see a developer actually apologize to a fan community for their mistakes. These days a game will be broken in a million ways but the only acknowledgement you'll get is a PR statement saying "We are aware a small number of players might be experiencing rare issues and we are investigating them". It's all very strange.

Haven't played it but replaying Banjo-Tooie and I still hella admire this game but it's pretty clear that the worse moments of the game is when the questions "Where do I even go?" or "Ugh, I missed that last thing, where in the fuck". Do any of those apply to your playthrough of YL personally? Still interested when there's a sale.
I'd say the world's are Tooie sized but with much less frustrating navigation and limited emphasis on annoying transformations. Honestly really digging it.

And what Tides content was cut from the beta? Beta was just the first area. Console version at least led to a very usable controller scheme which work well for turn based games like Tides and Divinity

Anno

The prologue and epilogue of that RPGCodex interview made my eyes roll so goddamn hard. The Codex is a strange group of people that clearly love RPGs dearly and have really high standards, but at the same time they can be unnecessarily harsh and abrasive. Although they do ask some questions that no one else in the gaming press would and that makes the interview interesting.

I'm really curious to know why InXile is so interested in placating them. You never see a developer actually apologize to a fan community for their mistakes. These days a game will be broken in a million ways but the only acknowledgement you'll get is a PR statement saying "We are aware a small number of players might be experiencing rare issues and we are investigating them". It's all very strange.

I think that the likes of inXile, Larian and Obsidian benefit greatly by staying in the good graces of small but super vocal fan communities like the Codex and RPG Watch. They represent an outsized portion of the community compared to most games and can very effectively promote their product. As much as I despise many of the people on that site I still respect the coverage they offer for the genre.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game -- MB-5D1F223DB7646AEF - Taken by fallout
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-62E09ADE5D5AABC2 - Taken by Kagemusha
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-BF2DFB9D73C06B32 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-1799C902716812CF - Taken by redlacs
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-5CCFD6D177988FF4 - Taken by Eila
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-BBCC5028BE8462DC - Taken by Zeeman
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-68EE579A6092E41A - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-167232F23D18C08B - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-D2E185C62736976B - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-12A642D91125832D - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-E32F2C89C34996D5 - Taken by illusionary
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-CAC6924D26E10FC7 - Taken by sadblob
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-EB421183EDF932F8 - Taken by Valxal
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-AA0ECBD705E05462 - Taken by Tall4Life
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-BF4983F9BFA69B7B - Taken by Servizio
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-39EC9F4ADD2BD48D - Taken by Phox
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-D745D3FB5DE1F7A6 - Taken by bobnowhere
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-46E69DA93F895A8B - Taken by Newblade

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Skyforge is.. kinda neat? hmm. Been playing for like an hour, maybe its because I expected another usual mmo and it turns out its more single player mission / instance based and its refreshing that way.

The missions are pretty short and trashy, basically go here and kill a bunch of monsters, but how you get new skills is precisely by killing X number of monsters, and the skills are flashy enough (at least for the cryomancer) and you can freely chance classes, with a bunch to unlock, so it will probably satisfy that "level up new classes" itch for awhile.

Dunno how mmo-y it becomes later on, the campaign map is a bunch of these short missions but, I mean, the starting classes have a healer and a tank so im assuming thees some sort of group content eventually.

Like I said earlier, the fact you just log in with your steam account helps a great deal in me even trying it.

Jawmuncher

God of War is easily more complex than Bayonetta.

Western Perfected Design > Sloppy Japanese held with duct tape design

Kamiya is a fraud

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles, sort by reviews just sorts for by the raw percentage, so the top is always going to be some random no-name game with one positive review. Any way to induce it to sort by the "Bayesian" score that something with 100% scores and 50 reviews are above something with 100% scores and 30 reviews, or at least to sort Overwhelmingly Positive above Very above Positive above...?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, sort by reviews just sorts for by the raw percentage, so the top is always going to be some random no-name game with one positive review. Any way to induce it to sort by the "Bayesian" score that something with 100% scores and 50 reviews are above something with 100% scores and 30 reviews, or at least to sort Overwhelmingly Positive above Very above Positive above...?

The data that's available is number of total reviews, number of positive reviews, and the number of those reviews that are from Steam customers (not key activations) so yeah I think I could come up with something that more closely follows Valve's own "sort by highest rated", I'll look into this.

Anteater

here i thought i totally combo'ed the shit out of the gracious and glorious

got a silver on combo...

and oh god there's something wrong with either my ds3 or the stupid usb cable, it keeps disconnecting, and the game requires so much mashing that I move the wire a lot :(

The real Bayonetta begins on hard mode and Non Stop Infinite Climax after you've unlocked all weapons + abilities!

almost done with the alfheims, gonna skip them on hard tho, maybe i'll do them later on higher difficulties when i'm done with the other stuff

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Happy Easter

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xelios, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam Credit -- MB-F16020DE0BDC8FFD - Taken by Blu(e). 17 entrants total.
Steam Credit #2 -- MB-BCC291D8BFF09AAA - Taken by laserlaser. 12 entrants total.
Steam Credit #3 -- MB-5911981677B1B123 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 10 entrants total.
Steam Credit #4 -- MB-EBBE309E2698EB1D - Taken by Echoplx. 34 entrants total.
Steam Credit #5 -- MB-42AC9C2BFA8B796E - Taken by longlivegaming. 6 entrants total.

t1492330804z1.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh cool giveaway Xelios! Happy Easter! :D

The real Bayonetta begins on hard mode and Non Stop Infinite Climax after you've unlocked all weapons + abilities!

Actually even though I played this game multiple times on different systems I've never actually experimented with the other weapons you get. lol Maybe I should this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom