• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Regarding the Bayonetta artwork, is it worth?
I played the game on PS3 back in days, so it's not new to me, I can wait for a 75% off with no problems, but I was wondering if it's worth spending 20€ just to get the digital deluxe version.

Have sex; like rabbits. And eat chocolate.

PBF077-Bunny_Pit.jpg

Tenrius

Is The Elder Scrolls Online actually worth it these days? (I know there's a free weekend right now, but it's going to be over soon and it's probably not worth it to download 70 Gb for a few hours)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is The Elder Scrolls Online actually worth it these days? (I know there's a free weekend right now, but it's going to be over soon and it's probably not worth it to download 70 Gb for a few hours)

I think its a fun game. More like a social Elder Scrolls game than an MMO

Crawl is a great game, I should have picked it up when it was the daily sale on chrono the other day but I only saw it played recently on Giant Bomb's UPF and it looked like a lot of fun. I'll be having some people over later so it'll be cool to get the full coop experience but it's still enjoyable playing solo.

Knurek

I have a problem with playing Trails FC on Windows 10 - there is this very annoying micro-stuttering which i failed to fix by changing graphics options. I know there is a d3d8 wrapper that should help resolve this issue, but the page it was on is no longer accessible it seems (this one), and i can't find it anywhere else. Does anyone have it lying around by any chance?(

If nobody steps up, I'll upload my local copy when I'm back home

Jadax

There was big hype for it a while back (I think Winter Sale maybe) where a lot of gaffers were playing it. I wishlisted it, but missed the sale and been waiting for the next big sale to get it.

Haven't really played mmorpgs since WoW 10-11 yrs ago, so I'd totally be all in for a good few months.

Tenrius

There was big hype for it a while back (I think Winter Sale maybe) where a lot of gaffers were playing it. I wishlisted it, but missed the sale and been waiting for the next big sale to get it.

Haven't really played mmorpgs since WoW 10-11 yrs ago, so I'd totally be all in for a good few months.

The next big sale is actually now! It's pretty cheap, too.

The next big sale is actually now! It's pretty cheap, too.

I bought the standard in this sale, seemed like a good deal; I'm interested in the Morrowind expansion coming up and it's low risk for me with no monthly fee as I have a bad habit of signing up for a month and forgetting to unsub.

Nabs

First of all, happy Easter everyone!

I have a problem with playing Trails FC on Windows 10 - there is this very annoying micro-stuttering which i failed to fix by changing graphics options. I know there is a d3d8 wrapper that should help resolve this issue, but the page it was on is no longer accessible it seems (this one), and i can't find it anywhere else. Does anyone have it lying around by any chance? Or is there an alternative solution? I would be really grateful, i was very much looking forward to finally play this game, as i was postponing it for when i go on a long business trip, and now that i'm actually abroad and have only a Win10 laptop with me, the whole experience is getting ruined by this stuttering :(

Is this it? https://github.com/ThirteenAG/d3d8-wrapper/releases

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

it's more of an Elder Scrolls with MMO elements than a full blown MMORPG

it's better than Skyrim at least

still wondering what the issue with the subscription system is with Steam

data

Can I get TESO normal and gain crowns ingame to buy the DLC for free later? That's how it works right?
Edit: Apparently there's no way to get crowns in-game, so never mind.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Buy to play, not sub to play.

Like guild wars

Yeah, but right now there's a sale and a three month sub is only two bucks more than the 1500 crown, so it's more of getting the crowns for the additional dlc (Gold missed one DLC - the Argonian dungeons). You get 1500 crowns per month.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can I get TESO normal and gain crowns ingame to buy the DLC for free later? That's how it works right?
Edit: Apparently there's no way to get crowns in-game, so never mind.

No, you do get a few free coins at the start though

Monooboe

Why didn't anyone tell me Doctor Who started again!? Well I should blame myself since I made an effort to not know.XD Liked the new companion and have a good feeling about the new season.

Was any of the Doctor Who games any good? I guess it would also be weird going back to them since it wouldn't be in synch with the series.

Lomax

Why didn't anyone tell me Doctor Who started again!? Well I should blame myself since I made an effort to not know.XD Liked the new companion and have a good feeling about the new season.

Was any of the Doctor Who games any good? I guess it would also be weird going back to them since it wouldn't be in synch with the series.

The adventure games are okay, they play pretty badly but the voice work is decent. They were heavily bundled and free in the UK, so don't buy them on Steam you should be able to get a key cheap or free (I probably have an extra if you message me I'll look). The platformer has been on steam for four years now and never had a single sale after the launch discount. The best game out there imo is the mobile Doctor Who Legacy game. I've also heard great things about the module for Lego Dimensions but there's no pc version.

Nzyme32

Better Call Saul Season 3 has also just started, and I randomly stumbled on to it via Netflix. I seemed to miss the marketing for it.

Anyway, this season's first episode has some of the best cinematography / production I have seen in a long time. A good return for the series.

Also one of said scenes from the episode (minor spoilers) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-n5JaBL9M

Tizoc

We don't celebrate Easter here, but have a good one GAF.
Enjoy your extended holiday if you were given one ;P

Endruen

Yeah, but right now there's a sale and a three month sub is only two bucks more than the 1500 crown, so it's more of getting the crowns for the additional dlc (Gold missed one DLC - the Argonian dungeons). You get 1500 crowns per month.

Are those DLC worth? TESO for 10€ is appealing to me, but the gold edition is too much.

data

Why is Wonder Boy suddenly a mouse?

edit: oh, he's a shapeshifter.

does he also have a human form in the remake?

Monooboe

The adventure games are okay, they play pretty badly but the voice work is decent. They were heavily bundled and free in the UK, so don't buy them on Steam you should be able to get a key cheap or free (I probably have an extra if you message me I'll look). The platformer has been on steam for four years now and never had a single sale after the launch discount. The best game out there imo is the mobile Doctor Who Legacy game. I've also heard great things about the module for Lego Dimensions but there's no pc version.

Ah that sounds good, I have that adventure game. Looked at the screens and wow so jarring to see Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. Saw also that the game came out 2011, time really flies.o_O

Better Call Saul Season 3 has also just started, and I randomly stumbled on to it via Netflix. I seemed to miss the marketing for it.

Anyway, this season's first episode has some of the best cinematography / production I have seen in a long time. A good return for the series.

Also one of said scenes from the episode (minor spoilers) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-n5JaBL9M

It's not quite Breaking Bad level for me yet but season 1/2 are excellent and any scene with Ehrmantraut is worth paying extra attention to. I had to avoid watching that as I missed last week's ep but looking forward to watching them back to back with the next episode tomorrow.

so i started playing Lego TFA and have the season pass yet there is still a couple DLCs that werent included? thats dumb

Yeah some of the console exclusive DLC that came over wasn't considered part of the season pass, unfortunately. And The Phantom Limb, despite the cool sounding MGS-inspired name, is really short and adds achievements which messes with completion %. Majority of the game is a lot of fun tho and looks great.

Can anyone that has the Steam version of Bayonetta confirm whether or not the Lt Kilgore + Durga exploit is still in the game?
Edit: Spoilered because it breaks the difficulty:
You have to equip Scarborough Fair on your hands and Durga on your feet for the first weapon set. The second weapon set can have anything on your hands but you must equip Lt Kilgore on your feet. You then do the PPPK combo with the first weapon set and as soon as you see the kick animation start you switch to the second weapon set.

Backlogger

so i started playing Lego TFA and have the season pass yet there is still a couple DLCs that werent included? thats dumb

What's even more dumb is they rarely discount the LEGO game DLCs (with exception to season passes) when the base games are on sale. I've still got a LEGO Hobbit DLC on my wishlist from a long time ago just waiting for some kind of discount.

iiicon

Does anyone want a 25% off coupon for Torment: Tides of Numenera? Just opened Steam for the first time this weekend and noticed it. It's good until May 14th.

Anteater

Can anyone that has the Steam version of Bayonetta confirm whether or not the Lt Kilgore + Durga exploit is still in the game?
Edit: Spoilered because it breaks the difficulty:
You have to equip Scarborough Fair on your hands and Durga on your feet for the first weapon set. The second weapon set can have anything on your hands but you must equip Lt Kilgore on your feet. You then do the PPPK combo with the first weapon set and as soon as you see the kick animation start you switch to the second weapon set.

haven't tried it but pretty sure the glitch is still there, i remember people talking about the leaderboard is already full of kilgore glitch scores

SSPssp

CDKeys has a 10% discount code, so you could get Tekken 7 DE for under $50.

Yeah, I was going to do this, but the code is single-use only and I already used it on Prey. >_< Load up your baskets, they're very good about refunds.

gngf123

Yeah I've also got a 25% off Torment: Tides of Numenera if anyone wants it. I have no use for it.

Also have 40% off Inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom