• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What's this issue I keep hearing about the Steam version of Elder Scrolls Online with regards to subscription? Since I was planning on buying crowns but then realized the 3 month deal is actually cheaper due to the sale and you get 4500 crowns.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of xelios, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xelios, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam Credit -- MB-F16020DE0BDC8FFD - Taken by Blu(e). 17 entrants total.
Steam Credit #2 -- MB-BCC291D8BFF09AAA - Taken by laserlaser. 12 entrants total.
Steam Credit #3 -- MB-5911981677B1B123 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 10 entrants total.
Steam Credit #4 -- MB-EBBE309E2698EB1D - Taken by Echoplx. 34 entrants total.
Steam Credit #5 -- MB-42AC9C2BFA8B796E - Taken by longlivegaming. 6 entrants total.

t1492330804z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Happy Easter SteamGAF. I hope y'all like some Bach.
And, even if it's almost over, Pesach sameach to all Jewish Gaffers.

prudislav

Seems like Bloodlust Shadowhunter is getting a sequel

Shadowhunter 2 Nemesis - Early gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLKS7qYVRk
features.png

• Play as a Male or Female Vampire with Classes Including Witch, Thief or Warrior
  • Sire Others with your "Embrace" to Build your Family of Minions
  • Learn and Increase Vampire Disciplines, Skills, Talents and Attributes
  • Dynamic Loot and Procedurally Created Areas Create Infinite Replay-ability
  • Non-Linear World Allows Players to Follow Their Own Path and Quest Goals
http://www.bloodlust-shadowhunter.com/nemesis/

Durante

jshackles, sort by reviews just sorts for by the raw percentage, so the top is always going to be some random no-name game with one positive review. Any way to induce it to sort by the "Bayesian" score that something with 100% scores and 50 reviews are above something with 100% scores and 30 reviews, or at least to sort Overwhelmingly Positive above Very above Positive above...?
Steamdb has a ranking by Wilson score which gives interesting results. It would be neat to have that as a sorting option for filtered search lists.

Rizzi

Well route b of Nier Automata is doing exactly what I thought it would.
Redoing literally every story quest except now combat is worse, and I have an obnoxious hacking game to do constantly. Totally worth it for the few different scenes.

Durante

It's literally not every story quest :p. And I thought the hacking game was cool -- it also allows you to easily and quickly finish sidequest fights with enemies with really high HP.

Rizzi

Also the way you open locked chests made me a little annoyed.
Really 9S? You couldn't have done that at all during route a? You were right there!

Ludens

Banned
I'm playing Numenera and...it's not very good in my opinion.
Planescape had TONS of dialogues, but when playing it you felt like you were playing an rpg. In Numenera there are tons of dialogues too, but I think most of them are pointless, and when it's time to fight, the fight simply sucks, it feels like the game is unbalanced. I hope it gets better eventually.

also, how many pages is Bayonetta's artbook?

Unbalanced for an actual combat route? I got through every fight(edit: Not true for one fight) in the game without killing anyone outside of one area with robots. You can talk to people, bide time, escape, use the environment etc. I actually really liked how unique every encounter felt after the patch which sped up enemy turns.

I also really dig Yooka-Laylee. Up to the 5th world and still finding it really charming and I'm reminded that I do love a good, true collectathon and not Creed style feather hunting.

Ludens

Banned
Unbalanced for an actual combat route? I got through every fight(edit: Not true for one fight) in the game without killing anyone outside of one area with robots. You can talk to people, bide time, escape, use the environment etc. I actually really liked how unique every encounter felt after the patch which sped up enemy turns.

I also really dig Yooka-Laylee. Up to the 5th world and still finding it really charming and I'm reminded that I do love a good, true collectathon and not Creed style feather hunting.

How can you talk people when in crisis? Because the only option I have is to fight. I can avoid a crisis by speaking, yes (managed to do it once), but I can't actually speak while in fight.
Also, how long is the game by doing all sides?

How can you talk people when in crisis? Because the only option I have is to fight. I can avoid a crisis by speaking, yes (managed to do it once), but I can't actually speak while in fight.
Also, how long is the game by doing all sides?
I think you right click instead of left clicking, or x instead of a on a controller. Enemies will normally have a red or blue speech bubble somewhere over them.

And I tried to be as extensive as possible and steam has me at 25 hours. I did beat the first area while the game was still in beta, so I'm not sure if anything was added there at launch that would lengthen the playtime.

Ludens

Banned
I think you right click instead of left clicking, or x instead of a on a controller. Enemies will normally have a red or blue speech bubble somewhere over them.

And I tried to be as extensive as possible and steam has me at 25 hours. I did beat the first area while the game was still in beta, so I'm not sure if anything was added there at launch that would lengthen the playtime.

I know actually some stuff was cut in the final release, but present in beta.

JDcjLx5.png

Well that's neat. I like the pixel-y balloons this time around, last time I remember them looking more clipart-y.

Redoing literally every story quest except now combat is worse, and I have an obnoxious hacking game to do constantly. Totally worth it for the few different scenes.

Unless you're like, really bad at the game or something, B shouldn't take any time at all. And C-E more than make up for it.

Ascheroth

Oh wow, I just noticed I got a Bayonetta Foil.
It's listed at 2,78€ at the cheapest, but there haven't been any sold so far. What's the best way to get maximum Gaben cash in this case?

Also, game is at 84k owners. 100k at this point seems very likely.

Lain

Skyforge is.. kinda neat? hmm. Been playing for like an hour, maybe its because I expected another usual mmo and it turns out its more single player mission / instance based and its refreshing that way.

The missions are pretty short and trashy, basically go here and kill a bunch of monsters, but how you get new skills is precisely by killing X number of monsters, and the skills are flashy enough (at least for the cryomancer) and you can freely chance classes, with a bunch to unlock, so it will probably satisfy that "level up new classes" itch for awhile.

Dunno how mmo-y it becomes later on, the campaign map is a bunch of these short missions but, I mean, the starting classes have a healer and a tank so im assuming thees some sort of group content eventually.

Like I said earlier, the fact you just log in with your steam account helps a great deal in me even trying it.

I was curious about trying it out and that sounds interesting.

God of War is easily more complex than Bayonetta.

Western Perfected Design > Sloppy Japanese held with duct tape design

Kamiya is a fraud

Truth bombs left and right in this post. Jaw never disappoints me.

gngf123

The first half of Route b makes sense in hindsight for story reasons, but is by far the biggest flaw in the game imo.

It works as an extension of route A and needs to exist for the latter half and route C to have the impact that they do, but it doesn't separate itself from A quick enough so players who don't know what they are in for are prone to drop it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was curious about trying it out and that sounds interesting.

If you do make sure to get the free dlc dince it gives you a extra class (outlaw, gun dude) and you dont start unlocking classes besides the initial 3 for a while it seems.

Pachimari

Those numbers are okay to me, if at least I can find matchmaking matches in ordinary deathmatch or team deathmatch modes.

And the Ultimate Edition is on sale now, so I'm really contemplating it.

Hektor

Those are some rough numbers... how the hell did it flop so badly?

The game actually shipped 14 Million copies world wide.

It's just that it is an incredibly shallow and boring game that loses every one of its players ultra fast because it doesn't really offer anything.

I think its safe to say that, if it weren't for the SW license - and the fact that it is the only game with a star wars license released in recent years - it would've bombed really hard because it's just really not a good game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Those are some rough numbers... how the hell did it flop so badly?

High initial price, high season pass price, season pass that splits the player base, wealth of alternatives including previous titles in the series and genre.

I've wanted to pick it up since I had a lot of fun in the beta, but even now when the whole package is on sale for twenty bucks I have literally hundreds of SP games I could play instead or something like Overwatch or other betas or some F2P games.

Even Star Wars isn't immune to competition.

Vastag

High initial price, high season pass price, season pass that splits the player base, wealth of alternatives including previous titles in the series and genre.

Splitting the player base with paying maps is such a horrible decision, in the long run it always kills the multiplayer numbers.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-8354A2D7993450C6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
The Banner Saga -- MB-2EF1ECD9EE65DF41 - Taken by ThingontheFloor

CryEngine really loves those tentacle-effects though. It's a shame the title is a reflection of shitty industry practices, because the trailers for this look pretty damn insane from a 'we can do that now?' perspective.

It also means we'll probably never see the original Prey return to Steam (or other service) either. I will probably not buy the 'sequel' at any point because of that, regardless of how it turns out.

Platy

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of xelios, who is running this raffle.

I didn't even know you could give steam credit.
Awesome Xelios !

Even if your giveaway happened entirely while I was sleeping (it ended like 4:20 am) xD

PaulSane

First of all, happy Easter everyone!

I have a problem with playing Trails FC on Windows 10 - there is this very annoying micro-stuttering which i failed to fix by changing graphics options. I know there is a d3d8 wrapper that should help resolve this issue, but the page it was on is no longer accessible it seems (this one), and i can't find it anywhere else. Does anyone have it lying around by any chance? Or is there an alternative solution? I would be really grateful, i was very much looking forward to finally play this game, as i was postponing it for when i go on a long business trip, and now that i'm actually abroad and have only a Win10 laptop with me, the whole experience is getting ruined by this stuttering :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom