• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

my_friend_pedro_bloods_bullets_bananas_by_digi_matrix-d9o4xen.gif
This is amazing

Kinda doesn't compel me to buy the game because I know I'll never pull this kind of stuff

Nzyme32

Like did the developers themselves say this? I'm not getting what you are trying to say ?

They do proclaim this in the game as a faux marketing stunt. I also understand anyone feeling it was pretentious to an extent, though I think there are far far more pretentious games out there more deserving of that title, since Superhot's story does demand a bit of that.

shockdude

It is a terrible shame that the DS3 is the only PC controller with fully remappable DInput/XInput controls and gyros, plus bluetooth.
It is an even bigger shame that the only DS3 driver that supports this is MotioninJoy, of which I use a modded decrappified version to this day.

DS3 for life lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry about the modbot issues; I was previously alerted to them by some users who noticed but I haven't gotten time to debug until today.

Managed to get a copy of Slayaway Camp from chrono.gg. I was worried the keys would all be gone by the time I had enough coins.

What happens after the 30 day streak anyway? Is there more streak rewards beyond that?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, ModBot is trying to post in thread 1357275 instead of this thread, probably another consequence of the thread merge lol.

Edit: Fixed, I think?

Edit: Fixed for real, I think.

Nzyme32

Disgusting. I hate scanline filters. lol

I'd rather just hook up the game to a CRT somehow instead of using those.

I'd disagree. Sucks at a monitor close up, but on a TV at a reasonable distance, it makes a good difference. And how many people actually have a CRT lying around anymore? Oddly we have a dead one outside our house, that is a rare beast - 32" widescreen Sony CRT TV - weighs about 50kg or something stupid, and we're too lazy to take it to a tip somewhere and get rid of it.

Grief.exe

It's not like we have a writeup for it in the OP, no siree...

As Nzyme said, CRT filters are not for looking at the image up-close.
They are amazing for 2D artwork when comfy couching though.
I have a working CRT monitor, but I don't think I can even hook it up to my GPU (no digital output on the monitor, no analog input on GPU)

VGA/DVI can transtion to other analog connections very cleanly.

In the upscaler thread someone hooked up their PC to their old school CRT and played that fanmade Metroid remake and it was gorgeous.

Lomax

Disgusting. I hate scanline filters. lol

I'd rather just hook up the game to a CRT somehow instead of using those.

I'd disagree. Sucks at a monitor close up, but on a TV at a reasonable distance, it makes a good difference. And how many people actually have a CRT lying around anymore? Oddly we have a dead one outside our house, that is a rare beast - 32" widescreen Sony CRT TV - weighs about 50kg or something stupid, and we're too lazy to take it to a tip somewhere and get rid of it.

Interesting, usually I'm with InfinitieNine on this, I hate scanlines, but when I see the quoted image below it, I think it looks great. So I guess if I play things via my Steam Link I'd like the scanlines? Because I definitely hate them sitting right in front of my monitor. Thanks for the explanation Nzyme, I'd never had anyone really explain why the scanlines works.

Of the games I've played in recent years I think Mad Max is probably the best looking with its massive desert vistas.

Village

Through more inquiry, I found the problem with SR4, yay no refunds.

The update, corrupted everything in the save folder, and the save folder its self. Because I had thought the save files had been corrupted deleted them and it didn't work. Didn't know the folder itself was corrupted. To which I had also deleted before, so that was weird.

Anyway, after not being able to play it for months, its fixed

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Girls Fabric Face -- MB-0B8144BF98067B67 - Taken by MaxiLive
Ashbourne -- MB-1FB9EE298175BEF2 - Taken by septicore
Bayou Island: Point and Click Adventure -- MB-15FD6C441F0E1C6B - Taken by Smeagol
Bicyclism EP -- MB-735A0DF39BF226D1 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Carton -- MB-89DAD336DAD4F167 - Taken by bobnowhere
Dark Egypt -- MB-6E4FC25CD20FA300 - Taken by Hakkelus
Dark Shores -- MB-5CCFD6D177988FF4 - Taken by Eila
Defend Your Crypt -- MB-ECAB1E9FE8B1AD25 - Taken by Powerpuff
FrightShow Fighter -- MB-443484D6C47A0572 - Taken by rainking187
Galactic Landing -- MB-C10600C6BBF6740A - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Girl Amazon Survival -- MB-CB34D987F740967A - Taken by Vuze
Helium -- MB-15EA310C9CD1D084 - Taken by Abomination
JOLT: Super Robot Racer -- MB-9834A2EC14A18434 - Taken by sadblob
LOR: League of Runners -- MB-D3204DE522A059E6 - Taken by Purkake4
Monkey Land 3D: Reaper Rush -- MB-0F94986E2E8058B3 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Super Cube Smash -- MB-BBCC5028BE8462DC - Taken by Zeeman
Super Mixtape -- MB-471F4D0806CBB414 - Taken by Kifimbo
Tacopocalypse -- MB-A06F9447CB18B872 - Taken by Loptous
Tracks of Triumph: Good Old Times -- MB-9198D7006ACF0A12 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Uncompromising Trash -- MB-7BE9A248287A5BA8 - Taken by voodooray
Zia and the Goddesses of Magic -- MB-68EE579A6092E41A - Taken by Mackenzie 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom