• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I thought I had already Yonder on my Steam wishlist but I didn't. Weird. Well, now I do, and since only Lashman has it wishlisted on my friendlist, I guess it's as good an occasion as any to point to the store page.

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Oh, Keen has a store page too.

Keen

Tizoc

I thought I had already Yonder on my Steam wishlist but I didn't. Weird. Well, now I do, and since only Lashman has it wishlisted on my friendlist, I guess it's as good an occasion as any to point to the store page.

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Oh, Keen has a store page too.

Keen
You must not have a lot pf gaffers on ur friendlist since 6 gaffers on mine have it wishlisted :x

I finished the main routes in Automata. Overall pretty enjoyable, but still rough. Platinum can make the combat flashy, but flashiness aside it was a really basic action RPG. It's intrigued me to want to go back to the copy of NieR I never played, but I need to stew on it a bit before I do that. However I will say I was expecting
something more, I dunno, subversive about the game and it never quite did that. The credits sequence was neat, but I suppose I was expecting the game to throw more curveballs at me while playing it just from the way I've heard of a friend talk about it. I love that you unlock a debug menu, more games need to do that.

Wok

Fair enough, i for one hadnt seen the steam page til u posted it so more gaffers mustve wishlied it too by then

I was hiding in the corner 😈 with that pic which morningbus posted the other day... but you did not use the true scotsman fallacy! 💔

I think these store pages have just appeared, since even the lashboy added them to its wishlist yesterday.

kionedrik

Holy christ at Jim's Yooka Laylee review. Playtonic must have killed his dog or something...

Fans of Salt & Sanctuary have another two James Silva games to look forward to...Pretty Dang Soon to be precise:

Considering the age of the game and these news, I'm pretty confident S&S will be in this month's Humble.

Deques

Somewhat off-topic post

Looks like Amazon is going to deploy a data center in my birth town :)
Very good news for this small town, since most big name industries have left it

Wok

The hero of Yonder will explore the island, uncovering its secrets and the mysteries within them self as they embarks on a journey of self-discovery, while saving Gemea and its people.

Hmmm... I would say the narrative is not a selling argument for Yonder.

By contributing to the island through talents like farming, crafting, cooking, fishing and brewing, relationships can be built with the locals, who offer everything from resources to a new farm as rewards.

It is more Stardew Valley than Zelda.

HtoX06m.png

I hope Sexy Brutale turns out good.

Vuze

I don't get it, Persona is not MGS with crazy plot twists, what streamers can spoil so much??
Japanese companies always live in the delusion that the story of their linear game is so goddamn good and unique that people won't buy it if they get spoiled/watch a stream - regardless of genre.
Recent example where I was affected by these stupid restrictions is MH Stories, a colorful JRPG. Spoiler: The story was generic af yet some streamers/YT channels were almost shutdown because *gasp* we showed what the game is like.

Echoplx

I was wrong, Steam does need curation. Or a flamethrower.

KH0d47u.png

This is the first time I've wished for a furry tag, just so I can block it.

Arthea

Oh fuck I almost got a heart attack thinking that was a release date.
Hoping for an actual release date during the stream. Probably not but will tune in anyway.

I'm hoping for a release date any day now, but probably not during that stream.

Village

KH0d47u.png

I mean if its an actual game, I can't really say its a problem or it needs to be burned. If it isn't, throw it in the garbage.

Also You would never get a furry tag, that would include, every game with an anthropomorphic animal character in it of any prominence, and given your vitriolic reaction. Games people don't like.

I would just say, don't be interested in the game and move on.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

KH0d47u.png

I'm a furry and I never got that shit. Maybe you're not telling us something :3

I do support Nekojishi though which is absolutely more superior.

Well... Okay, I'm part of the fandom, and I can say that's just trashy as hell.

From the screens I've seen being posted around it's pretty meh in art and the story is generic.

Dinjoralo

I'm a furry and I never got that shit. Maybe you're not telling us something :3

I do support Nekojishi though which is absolutely more superior.

From the screens I've seen being posted around it's pretty meh in art and the story is generic.

I remember my hubby (Also a furry, natch) looking a bit deeper into it and telling me one of the characters is basically a self-insert for the developer. Can't find the chat log where he mentioned it, along with some other stuff that made it look bad.

So yeah, if you need your fix of fluff, there's better things on Steam than this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Square used to not want to work with us because they straight up thought we were pirates"

Jeff Gertsmann on this week's bombcast, and he's talking about the fucking gamespot days, not even the current giantbomb "we put video of everything" days. Basically, if you were on the internet, you were a pirate.

Goes to show how batshit crazy and OLD some japanese companies are, so you really shouldnt be surprised at some of the shit we go through with them even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom