• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they're one and the same. The DDE will probably just get a price drop and name change.

That's good to know, thanks.

"Square used to not want to work with us because they straight up thought we were pirates"

Jeff Gertsmann on this week's bombcast, and he's talking about the fucking gamespot days, not even the current giantbomb "we put video of everything" days. Basically, if you were on the internet, you were a pirate.

Goes to show how batshit crazy and OLD some japanese companies are, so you really shouldnt be surprised at some of the shit we go through with them even today.

Sounds like Gaf gaming side.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If that's true, I'm glad SE eventually came to their senses. Yikes.

this was like 90s Square he said, but its just an example. This recent Atlus Persona streaming is obviously because Japan is still stuck in the middle ages, and we outselves have plenty of "why isnt this japanese games out on PC oh because Japan" stories.

"Square used to not want to work with us because they straight up thought we were pirates"

Jeff Gertsmann on this week's bombcast, and he's talking about the fucking gamespot days, not even the current giantbomb "we put video of everything" days. Basically, if you were on the internet, you were a pirate.

Goes to show how batshit crazy and OLD some japanese companies are, so you really shouldnt be surprised at some of the shit we go through with them even today.

Working with japanese companies and hearing from others in the industry, the ones who call the shots are mostly old ass japanese grandpas who think its still the 80s. A young guy can tell them "Look. PC is viable nowadays. Lets try to port some games there and see how they do?" but if the one in charge thinks "Man. PCs are for Otakus, who jack off to their hentai waifus. Wont do." they wont...

I mean you still hear from the Atlus american rep or KT reps that they dont have any say in japanese decisions, because "they dont know anything."

I mean you still hear from the Atlus american rep or KT reps that they dont have any say in japanese decisions, because "they dont know anything."

Look at the recent PC port of Atelier Sophie, for exampke. K-T America reached out to Durante for some notes on how the port can be approved. Unfortunately, K-T America had to then relay the messages back to K-T Japan were some of the requests were fulfilled but of course not everything was considered. The American branch was at least passionate enough to make the Atelier series have a strong first impression.

As for the Firis port, pfffft no such luck there.

Look at the recent PC port of Atelier Sophie, for exampke. K-T America reached out to Durante for some notes on how the port can be approved. Unfortunately, K-T America had to then relay the messages back to K-T Japan were some of the requests were fulfilled but of course not everything was considered. The American branch was at least passionate enough to make the Atelier series have a strong first impression.

As for the Firis port, pfffft no such luck there.

I think its a big (asian) cultural problem. Because of the whole "face" issue, you dont want to be helped by someone foreign who might do it better than you/has more knowledge, because that would mean you are lower than him....

Oh fuck I almost got a heart attack thinking that was a release date.
Hoping for an actual release date during the stream. Probably not but will tune in anyway.

Same.

On a completely unrelated note, of course amazon had to fuck up P5 CE pre-orders. I'm beyond pissed. It's so rare for me these days to pre-order anything or buy physical for that matter, but they just had to mess up with this particular game. Fucking hell.

Battlechili

Banned
I was wrong, Steam does need curation. Or a flamethrower.

KH0d47u.png

This is the first time I've wished for a furry tag, just so I can block it.
Tbh Major/Minor isn't all that terrible. Its not anything close to good, but...Well, it has better writing than the Sakura games at least. I'll say that much. Would not recommend, but you could do worse.
I'm a furry and I never got that shit. Maybe you're not telling us something :3

I do support Nekojishi though which is absolutely more superior.
I prefer Something to do With Love and The Crown of Leaves
From the screens I've seen being posted around it's pretty meh in art and the story is generic.
Its story is Persona 3
I'm not even joking. Take Persona 3's plot, turn all the characters into furries, put a creator self-insert into the game, and voila: You have Major/Minor.
I remember my hubby (Also a furry, natch) looking a bit deeper into it and telling me one of the characters is basically a self-insert for the developer. Can't find the chat log where he mentioned it, along with some other stuff that made it look bad.
Klace is the name of an in-game character and its the online pseudonym the developer gave himself. Klace in-game is a pop star that essentially sets the game's plot in motion by inviting his fans to Tokyo to see him.

Arminsc

So last week I bought a HORI Fighting Stick Mini and I'm having trouble with some games, namely BlazBlue: Chronophantasma and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. My problem is that the stick is detected correctly by steam but once I go ingame the buttons work but the stick doesn't.
I've tried configuring its profile through big screen mode (not sure if I did this properly) and configuring the controls ingame without success.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm pretty sure it's a configuration issue, but I seem to be dumb enough as to not see how to make this work so any help is appreciated!

data

So last week I bought a HORI Fighting Stick Mini and I'm having trouble with some games, namely BlazBlue: Chronophantasma and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. My problem is that the stick is detected correctly by steam but once I go ingame the buttons work but the stick doesn't.
I've tried configuring its profile through big screen mode (not sure if I did this properly) and configuring the controls ingame without success.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm pretty sure it's a configuration issue, but I seem to be dumb enough as to not see how to make this work so any help is appreciated!

Did you configure the stick to dpad?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's coming to everything but PC.
LOL they will release that new Cars game on PS3/X1 and Wii U but not on PC XD WB gonna WB.

Reminds me of The Simpsons Game.

...why doesn't it have a PC release?

Tbh Major/Minor isn't all that terrible. Its not anything close to good, but...Well, it has better writing than the Sakura games at least. I'll say that much. Would not recommend, but you could do worse.I prefer Something to do With Love and The Crown of LeavesIts story is Persona 3
I'm not even joking. Take Persona 3's plot, turn all the characters into furries, put a creator self-insert into the game, and voila: You have Major/Minor.Klace is the name of an in-game character and its the online pseudonym the developer gave himself. Klace in-game is a pop star that essentially sets the game's plot in motion by inviting his fans to Tokyo to see him.

Hahahah wow. That's... interesting to say the least.

Not a big fan of self inserts. Reminds me of that terrible gay furry comic about escaping into a city.

Kudo

Same.

On a completely unrelated note, of course amazon had to fuck up P5 CE pre-orders. I'm beyond pissed. It's so rare for me these days to pre-order anything or buy physical for that matter, but they just had to mess up with this particular game. Fucking hell.

What happened?

neoemonk

Trails 3 is getting real:

y4Ik8ld.jpg

Ah god I have one and two on Steam and really want to play them but I always seem to put them off for something else. Persona 5 just came out yesterday and I really want to get into Nier Automata and I still have so much to do in BOTW. What a time to be alive

What happened?

It's explained at lenght in the cheap arse gaffer thread (happened with several people) but long story short, people who pre-ordered very early weren't sent a copy. Pre-orders made early on are in some sort of limbo where the status changed to "preparing for dispatch" on monday morning and still remains that way, with nobody actually sending them out. Now they're out of stock. Fucking hilarious.
Like, you go out of your way to pre-order on the very day it goes life (this was back in august) and in the end you're shit out of luck.
Now they're saying they will send one as soon as they get more. Fuck off amazon.

Wok

I have a GTX 770 and play at 1660x900 with max settings and get >60fps with no hitches or micro-stutters or anything. I get about 45 fps at 1080p and didn't bother to tweak settings before dropping the resolution. Note that I have an SSD and I don't think anyone should play games without them at this point. I certainly do not find the puzzle content mediocre -- it doesn't live up to any of the Cyan Worlds games but this has more to do with worldbuilding and story elements than the quality of puzzles.

The game must have been optimized since I last booted it. I have tried it again today and it is miles better.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maybe somebody can help with this. I'm trying to run Shovel Knight and it's doing this:
It's taking the 1080p screen and chopping and zooming it. I do have it outputting/mirrored to two monitors (one via HDMI and the other via Display Port), both are 1920x1080. I found if I unplug one of them and reboot the game that it works fine (on one monitor, obviously). All other games I've tried worked fine with this setup.

Running an RX480.

Dinjoralo

Alright... STEAM_0:1:20845212, add me to the Steam group? (I guess this is a modbot thing?)

I ought to re-try River City Ransom Underground. A whole bunch of updates came out fixing and polishing most of the big issues, like the terrible movelist and giving each character a few more movies to start with.

Grief.exe

Maybe somebody can help with this. I'm trying to run Shovel Knight and it's doing this:

It's taking the 1080p screen and chopping and zooming it. I do have it outputting/mirrored to two monitors (one via HDMI and the other via Display Port), both are 1920x1080. I found if I unplug one of them and reboot the game that it works fine (on one monitor, obviously). All other games I've tried worked fine with this setup.

Running an RX480.

I believe you have to run it from some strange resolution to get it to scale correctly. I'm trying to find the thread right now, but can't find it.

EDIT

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250760/discussions/0/46476145015440549/

Optimal display resolution for 1080p is actually 1600x960.

This has potentially been fixed. It's possible I'm not understanding your issue either.

data

Alright... STEAM_0:1:20845212, add me to the Steam group? (I guess this is a modbot thing?)

I ought to re-try River City Ransom Underground. A whole bunch of updates came out fixing and polishing most of the big issues, like the terrible movelist and giving each character a few more movies to start with.

go on your profile, right click, copy page url, and link that instead

Kudo

It's explained at lenght in the cheap arse gaffer thread (happened with several people) but long story short, people who pre-ordered very early weren't sent a copy. Pre-orders made early on are in some sort of limbo where the status changed to "preparing for dispatch" on monday morning and still remains that way, with nobody actually sending them out. Now they're out of stock. Fucking hilarious.
Like, you go out of your way to pre-order on the very day it goes life (this was back in august) and in the end you're shit out of luck.
Now they're saying they will send one as soon as they get more. Fuck off amazon.

My condolences.
Not sure if it makes you feel better or just worse, but the game is definitely worth the wait.

Probably easier just to post a link to your profile page. I found you anyway.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I believe you have to run it from some strange resolution to get it to scale correctly. I'm trying to find the thread right now, but can't find it.

EDIT

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250760/discussions/0/46476145015440549/

Optimal display resolution for 1080p is actually 1600x960.

This has potentially been fixed. It's possible I'm not understanding your issue either.

Yeah, that's just a pixel scaling issue, which you will find with any low resolution pixel based game. Mine seems to be some weird bug. I can get around it by running in windowed mode and then switching to no border.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The answer is actually Nuclear bombs and I'm not even kidding.

While nuclear bombs would effectively increase the velocity of our spacecraft (especially once in space) the idea of this propulsion method leading to near-light speed travel is somewhat preposterous.

About 11% of light speed at top velocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom