• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
this could be amusing for some of you...

you all know the cliche about the german love of simulator games and that there are shelfs full of them in big german electronic stores... and that's all true btw...

I was at a store today, wasn't there in a long time, and behold the new Hidden Object Games only shelf right next to the simulation game shelf...

XOwq3Nn.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you all know the cliche about the german love of simulator games and that there are shelfs full of them in big german electronic stores... and that's all true btw...

I was at a store today, wasn't there in a long time, and behold the new Hidden Object Games only shelf right next to the simulation game shelf...

I dont think its cool for you to be breaking into someguyinahat's house and taking pictures tbh

Arminsc

You need to make a config for each game. Find the game in BPM and edit the controller config there. Marvel might not support d-pad, so try setting the d-pad/joystick to Joystick Move if you run into any problems.

I'll try this later, thanks!

Edit: Just modified the config to dpad for UMVC3 and worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip man!

FLD

I suddenly really wish I could draw. Or knew C# and someone that could draw. :p

I know enough about programming to pick up C# with relative ease but the one friend I have that can draw would probably punch me if I asked him to draw anime.

kionedrik

Specter of Torment feels so much more fluid and reactive than Plague of Shadows. It has been super fun so far although I hoped they wouldn't reuse the same levels for the 3rd time (with minor tweaks)...

Ladekabel

A humble bundle with several books on Python... Quite tempting to finally take the plunge and start learning it.

Having only read parts of Automate the Boring Stuff with Python I can recommend it. It can be read for free online under a Creative Commons license though like a few other books in the bundle, I think.

Wok

PC Gamer review:
http://www.pcgamer.com/battle-brothers-review/

Hopefully game gets some more press/traction, deserves it.

Battle Brothers finally got a page on OpenCritic thanks to this PC Gamer review:
http://www.opencritic.com/game/4157/battle-brothers

84/100 for the curious.

What's going on in it?

People hating each other over review scores. Should a reviewer be allowed to rate a game 2/10 and say "it is rubbish"? What is a decent scale for a review score? Is 72/100 average? It is mediocre?

Most importantly, if a reviewer spits on a nostalgia-based game such as Yooka, isn't he also spitting on all my childhood memories?

Thankfully, we won't have this dicussion for Crash Bandicoot, because it will be over 95/100.
Okay, maybe 90/100.

Anteater

zkylon did you do the hidden boss quest yet in Nier!? Do iiit
go fight emil, do iiiiit, fight that adorable bastard so you can feel good/bad/whatever about yourself

Anteater

Banjo-Kazooie nostalgia. As much as I loved that game back then I just can't get into platformers anymore. Mario is the only platformer I care about these days.

yeah i guess i missed out on the rare games back then, i actually only liked mario 64 during that era :(

People hating each other over review scores. Should a reviewer be allowed to rate a game 2/10 and say "it is rubbish"? What is a decent scale for a review score? Is 72/100 average? It is mediocre?

Most importantly, if a reviewer spits on a nostalgia-based game such as Yooka, isn't he also spitting on all my childhood memories?

Thankfully, we won't have this dicussion for Crash Bandicoot, because it will be over 95/100.
Okay, maybe 90/100.

Funny. Guess I'll spend some time reading through it.

why is Yooka getting so much attention anyway

-Originally it got attention because Ex rare employees making a spiritual successor to banjo-kazooie after modern rare went down the kinect route and haven't done platformers in a while.

-A popular youtuber who had a voice in the game is erased from the game after making some extremely bad statements and his legion of fans got mad at the game and playtonic for doing it.

-Jim Sterling made some comments about the game a week before the review embargo that made people weary and it was a really bad back and forth with people about how the game will be while people from the youtuber thing start attacking the steam pages with political tags and telling people on the steam forums to not buy the game.

-Reviews aren't what some people expected and it is making the people who are attacking the game feel vindicated and still pushing people not to buy the game and the people who knew what they were getting into with this game defend and attack reviewers who scored it low and question their review.

Tizoc

And tomorrow we get the Scorpio reveal thread. That thing is gonna be nuts no matter what.

I am interested in seeing how well it can run the BC 360 games compared to regular X1.

Hell imagine if MS announce OG Xbox games releasing on the Scorpio?

Anteater

-Originally it got attention because Ex rare employees making a spiritual successor to banjo-kazooie after modern rare went down the kinect route and haven't done platformers in a while.

-A popular youtuber who had a voice in the game is erased from the game after making some extremely bad statements and his legion of fans got mad at the game and playtonic for doing it.

-Jim Sterling made some comments about the game a week before the review embargo that made people weary and it was a really bad back and forth with people about how the game will be while people from the youtuber thing start attacking the steam pages with political tags and telling people on the steam forums to not buy the game.

-Reviews aren't what some people expected and it is making the people who are attacking the game feel vindicated and still pushing people not to buy the game and the people who knew what they were getting into with this game defend and attack reviewers who scored it low and question their review.

it makes sense but I'm surprised people are all over it, some of those could happen to any other game but it wouldn't get the same amount of attention as Yooka

Anno

I am interested in seeing how well it can run the BC 360 games compared to regular X1.

Hell imagine if MS announce OG Xbox games releasing on the Scorpio?

Microsoft going as hard as they can at BC would go a long way towards getting me interested in their products going forward for sure.

JustinBB7

Didn't know Triss from Witcher was in League Of Legends.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

JumpJet Rex -- MB-D90B429C648A5410 - Taken by fuzzy123
Out There: Ω Edition Plus Soundtrack -- MB-8E09B30B6A2EB4A4 - Taken by Zeeman

Games

Nzyme32

Specter of Torment feels so much more fluid and reactive than Plague of Shadows. It has been super fun so far although I hoped they wouldn't reuse the same levels for the 3rd time (with minor tweaks)...

Can't say I feel the same, though I certainly am enjoying it. Feels a bit slower, a little clunkier, the dash trial being animated makes it a bit clumsy as well as dependant on the distance to activate it. I don't know perhaps my opinion will change the more I play

Nzyme32

ALERT - testing Win 10 creators update on a trash machine to see what happens

edit - scratch that, seems there are a bunch of new apps and privacy stuff switched on, that if so inclined you might as well disable / remove

Will report back as i investigate further

why is Yooka getting so much attention anyway

Okay, maybe 90/100.

Banjo-Kazooie nostalgia. As much as I loved that game back then I just can't get into platformers anymore. Mario is the only platformer I care about these days.

The whole thing is stupid. I backed Yooka Laylee with throw away money specifically because of nostalgia for those type of games and wanting to see what they come up with, and if it is any good or not.

It doesn't matter if it is bad or not. I don't get the upset at all. Play the game and decide for yourself if that's what you want to do. If not, great, don't bother. What's the point of being so melodramatic when others obviously can have varying opinions on the matter, whether diverse or consistent with each other.

Silly gamers

Knurek

ALERT - testing Win 10 creators update on a trash machine to see what happens

- you have to go through privacy setting and defaults all over again
- windows apps you removed are back.

Will report back as i investigate further

Exclusive mode for DS4 broken again?

Speaking of DSes, I just can't seem to force myself to go back to Dark Souls.
I appreciate what the game is going for, I just don't enjoy it doing what it's doing.
I wish there was an Easy Mode for the game. Something optional, for people who aren't masochists...

Nzyme32

Oh joy, game dvr etc are switched back on without asking. I understand they have updated it and moved the settings around but I would appreciate at least being asked rather than plopped into it

Exclusive mode for DS4 broken again?

Speaking of DSes, I just can't seem to force myself to go back to Dark Souls.
I appreciate what the game is going for, I just don't enjoy it doing what it's doing.
I wish there was an Easy Mode for the game. Something optional, for people who aren't masochists...

I'm wrong about those two points - you do need to go through the welcome setup but it rememebers your other settings; seems there are a bunch of new apps and privacy stuff switched on automatically and not included in the welcome thing though. If so inclined you might as well disable / remove

Shantom

These keys are from that G2A bundle the other month. Must be redeemed by the 10th of April, apparently.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lords of the Fallen -- MB-3B3C5FFEDA83EA71 - Taken by Nzyme32
Dirt 3 Complete -- MB-A17EDB66A0683FF2 - Taken by pislit. 1 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-847C8F643692D33C - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
Syberia 2 -- MB-049D3B9029931C76 - Taken by Belgarion

t1491434699z1.png

Nzyme32

I mean it will still only run Xbox One games so my interest on it is like 0

True, though I'm always interested in seeing the hardware and thought process behind it, and generally speaking it will reflect back on gaming in general / possible PC games etc. So that will keep my interest in checking it out but other than that I have doubt I'll ever bother with one.

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon did you do the hidden boss quest yet in Nier!? Do iiit
go fight emil, do iiiiit, fight that adorable bastard so you can feel good/bad/whatever about yourself
lost interest when i read you need to max out all weapons and stuff. would need to grab a guide, grind, and do other kinds of boring stuff that i was super cool about doing for nier 1 cos that game is awesome, but for nier 2, not so much

not uninstalling just yet but i don't think it'll be easy to get me to fire it up again, happier just playing league for the time being

glad u liked it tho, i was actually meaning to ask if you had gotten all you wanted from it already

I imagine I'll have better luck with iOS, but are there any decent Brain Training-style games on Steam?

EDIT: What a waste of a top of the page post. Uhhhh.. anime sucks? Am I doing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom