• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they region free?

I only need one of the Star Wars games and the two Indiana Jones ones.

They are limiting who can buy them, no one from Europe, South America, The UK or Asia. No Indy's or Pirates sadly, they are the only lego games I'm missing, they seem to be controlled by someone else.

The paypal payments are VPN locked as well and you are limited to 1 copy of each game, no buying multiples like GMG.

After Bayonetta releases, hopefully SEGA gets on porting the best SEGA game not on PC

Sega_Soccer_Slam_Coverart.png

I remember that having a so shitty framerate on PS2 that it was more or less unplayable in certain camera angles. :)

Pachimari

I haven't succeeded buying from the store using VPN lately. Gaffers have been kind and helped me with a few purchases

They are limiting who can buy them, no one from Europe, South America, The UK or Asia. No Indy's or Pirates sadly, they are the only lego games I'm missing, they seem to be controlled by someone else.

The paypal payments are VPN locked as well and you are limited to 1 copy of each game, no buying multiples like GMG.
Oh I see, so it did change sadly. How times has changed.

Village

You know what sucks

When you get a game late, and the modding community is all types of dead. The game in question is Batman Arkham knight. Not that the previous batman games had the largest modding community in the world. But they did exist to some degree , particularly with origins they modded in the pre-order costumes that never came out anywhere else because WB could give less of a fuck about pc. To solidify this point, the instructions on how to get them is in that forum.

But with knight? No one kinda cares, makes sense , game was broken as hell on launch and WB basically abandoned it. And the modding community did aswell , there are some mods but they number few and sort of basic. Now there is a game that could possibly expanded upon, and with content literally lost to time, due to the apathy of publisher

Its not the worst thing in the world, it sucks thogh

Uzzy

I don't know how Paradox expect me to play the new Stellaris expansion and the new EU4 expansion at the same time, let alone play them at the same time as Persona 5. Too many great games out right now, it has to stop.

Doubt I'll even get to look at Dawn of War 3.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You know what sucks

When you get a game late, and the modding community is all types of dead. The game in question is Batman Arkham knight. Not that the previous batman games had the largest modding community in the world. But they did exist to some degree , particularly with origins they modded in the pre-order costumes that never came out anywhere else because WB could give less of a fuck about pc. To solidify this point, the instructions on how to get them is in that forum.

But with knight? No one kinda cares, makes sense , game was broken as hell on launch and WB basically abandoned it. And the modding community did aswell , there are some mods but they number few and sort of basic. Now there is a game that could possibly expanded upon, and with content literally lost to time, due to the apathy of publisher

Its not the worst thing in the world, it sucks thogh

I remember coming across some sort of ini editor for Arkham Knight that I wanted to try the next time I gave it a playthrough, since it was supposed to help with juddering.

What content for Knight is lost to time?

MadGear

The new Shovel Knight campaign is excellent. I love Scepter Knight's abilities, he is much smoother to control than Plague Knight.

I feel the same way. The gameplay in Plague Knight was faster once you got the hang of his mechanics but I prefer the more "traditional" and imo more precise mechanics of Specter Knight way more.
Going into this I was also a bit worried about having to revisit the same stages again but so far this isn't bothering me at all. They did an amazing job at keeping the overall layout of these stages but also changing parts of them to provide a challenge for Specter Knight's abilities.

Oh lord, here come the Xbox Scorpio news. If you thought Switch threads were annoying when the Switch was revealed, get ready for Round 2.

Oh lord, here come the Xbox Scorpio news. If you thought Switch threads were annoying when the Switch was revealed, get ready for Round 2.
I see nothin' wrong with 'em. It's new, it's shiny, it's exciting. I don't really have any interest in one but it's fun to spectate how it turns out.

Anteater

not seeing anything interesting from that digital foundry video for scorpio, but I'm actually interested to see how it turns out

Echoplx

The strangest part of this is Digital Foundry being the ones to reveal it, like are they just being used as a mouth piece for MS? Hardly seems objective.

MaxiLive

not seeing anything interesting from that digital foundry video for scorpio, but I'm actually interested to see how it turns out

Looks like MS are putting quite a bit of effort in the custom hardware and the Scorpio does seem to be more of an upgrade than the Pro was when that came out. The consoles wars shall reign on when it comes out as the Pro will end up being $100-150 dollars cheaper in deals by the time Scorpio hits.

With PC being my main platform I can't really look forward to the hardware as Microsoft don't have any software coming out that appeals to me, we shall see what E3 brings! I think the coolest part of the Scropio if I heard it right is that all games will support 4k, performance or 4k down scaled mode. Rather than having to be patched in but that could be me mis-understand what the Digital Foundry guy said.

I would like a PS4 Pro 2 for Yakuza though :x

The strangest part of this is Digital Foundry being the ones to reveal it, like are they just being used as a mouth piece for MS? Hardly seems objective.

All Digital Foundry's electronic reviews/previews are the same they go into the nitty gritty of hardware specs. They did mention up front that Microsoft invited them to Redmond.

I mean idk how you're gonna fudge hard spec number comparisons. They ain't poppin' "blast processing" in there.

vermadas

It having HDMI 2.1 adaptive refresh support is pretty big news. Gives TV manufacturers a little more incentive to add that feature.

Anno

Seems like a better approach to the mid-gen refresh than the Pro. And even more people will finally be able to tell the difference in 4K, 60FPS and downsampling, so that's something.

Village

I remember coming across some sort of ini editor for Arkham Knight that I wanted to try the next time I gave it a playthrough, since it was supposed to help with juddering.

What content for Knight is lost to time?

IIRC a few costumes and a skin for the car I believe.

Again this isn't story meaty content. But I do enjoy costumes, and there just gone. Pre Order outfits just... poof.

Not the worst thing in the world, but it sucks the game was so broken on launch people just weren't motivated to continue modding the game.

Forced downsampling and 16x AF across all games, 60FPS/no tearing in BC X360 titles, and Forza 6 4K/60FPS using 65% of Scorpio GPU without optimization. If they'll price it right, this will be helluva console for multiplats. Of course, if you're interested only in console gaming and don't have capable PC but for some reason have 4K TV. Now they need to showcase some games and MS will be fine.

Anteater

But where are the games?

dino crisis 3 isn't happening

Evolved Jaguar CPU was very funny but yea vid was kind of meh.

Looks like MS are putting quite a bit of effort in the custom hardware and the Scorpio does seem to be more of an upgrade than the Pro was when that came out. The consoles wars shall reign on when it comes out as the Pro will end up being $100-150 dollars cheaper in deals by the time Scorpio hits.

With PC being my main platform I can't really look forward to the hardware as Microsoft don't have any software coming out that appeals to me, we shall see what E3 brings! I think the coolest part of the Scropio if I heard it right is that all games will support 4k, performance or 4k down scaled mode. Rather than having to be patched in but that could be me mis-understand what the Digital Foundry guy said.

I would like a PS4 Pro 2 for Yakuza though :x

All Digital Foundry's electronic reviews/previews are the same they go into the nitty gritty of hardware specs. They did mention up front that Microsoft invited them to Redmond.

Forced downsampling and 16x AF across all games, 60FPS/no tearing in BC X360 titles, and Forza 6 4K/60FPS using 65% of Scorpio GPU without optimization. If they'll price it right, this will be helluva console for multiplats. Of course, if you're interested only in console gaming and don't have capable PC but for some reason have 4K TV. Now they need to showcase some games and MS will be fine.

yeah it felt like I missed something, "better hardware ran some of the games better" but it feels like the video isn't as deliberate with the benchmark as I expected, but I guess those will eventually come, the whole forza running at 60fps/4k sounds promising though. It's not a console for everyone obviously but if they price it right and the techs are good I wouldn't mind getting it as an alternative.

I really want 360 games being able to render at higher res tho :p

NeoRaider

I currently have 1402 chrono coins (29 days streak) because i bought Reigns for 1500. I wasn't really interested in Brigador.

But i am curious to see which games will be added... today? i hope. I might have enough to buy one of the three that will be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom