• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord, here come the Xbox Scorpio news. If you thought Switch threads were annoying when the Switch was revealed, get ready for Round 2.

The Switch got so many threads cause it was a total new console and people were constantly speculating what games it would have. As far as I know, Scorpio is gonna have Xbox One games on it and no exclusives if MS is to be believed.

Momentary

Banned
Samsung will be bringing some mega widescreens soon - 32:9 son - 3840x1080 DFHD ("double full HD"):

http://www.pcgamer.com/samsung-to-produce-ridiculously-huge-double-wide-display-panels/

ekl8yON.jpg

Wow.... this is what I need for trading stocks. Fuck gaming on it.

yuraya

yeah it felt like I missed something, "better hardware ran some of the games better" but it feels like the video isn't as deliberate with the benchmark as I expected, but I guess those will eventually come, the whole forza running at 60fps/4k sounds promising though. It's not a console for everyone obviously but if they price it right and the techs are good I wouldn't mind getting it as an alternative.

I really want 360 games being able to render at higher res tho :p

I think the disappointing thing is that they only gave DF that Forza 6 screenshot. Its nearly a 2 year old game now that ran at 1080p60 on the X1 and its a racing game too. Its hard for anyone to get excited for that. They should have at least gave screens of Horizon 3 or Gears 4 to see those benchmarks. The big test for Scorpio will be the fall and future 3rd party open world AAA games. If it can run games like RDR2 and the new AssCreed at native 4k30 medium settings then I think it will be a worthy purchase for console gamers. If it struggles like the PS4Pro then I think console gamers should just wait another couple years for PS5 etc.

Purkake4

Banned
You lost me. The Witness is a puzzle game isn't it?
I think we're on the same page here.

Play Life is Strange and Stellaris. Just don't mix them up or else you'll have the Immortal God Empress Max Caulfield ruling the galaxy, shaka brah.
I feel that Stellaris needs to stay in the oven a bit longer. It's nice that they're fixing it up bit by bit, but there's still a long way to go with regard to diplomacy (+espionage), combat, exploration at least.

Been playing Fallout Shelter and I want a full priced version of this game. Remove all the F2P aspects, flesh the game out more, and I'll be all over it Bethesda.

Anno

Paradox is crushing the first page of the global top sellers list at the moment. Even stuff like the Stellaris Plantoids graphics pack is coming back up.

Hey so I half ass been paying attention to the steam thread lately

Was someone here wanting Brigaor? I could make a give away for a copy of it from Steam.

Uzzy

I feel that Stellaris needs to stay in the oven a bit longer. It's nice that they're fixing it up bit by bit, but there's still a long way to go with regard to diplomacy (+espionage), combat, exploration at least.

Paradox games always need several expansions to really feel like they've reached their potential. I'll still sink hundreds of hours into them along the way, mind you.

Purkake4

Banned
Paradox games always need several expansions to really feel like they've reached their potential. I'll still sink hundreds of hours into them along the way, mind you.
It's true, but it really feels like they were doing something new with Stellaris and had to rush it out the door.

With stuff like Europa Universalis they had an easier time to build on previous work (not to mention world history...), but even then it took quite a while for me to be able to stomach it. It's amazing now, mind you.

MUnited83

For you.
Samsung will be bringing some mega widescreens soon - 32:9 son - 3840x1080 DFHD ("double full HD"):

http://www.pcgamer.com/samsung-to-produce-ridiculously-huge-double-wide-display-panels/

ekl8yON.jpg
... I need this. And movies in this format. Oh my god that looks great.

Also that photo is the real-life inspiration for Sapienza level in Hitman #trivia

Play Life is Strange and Stellaris. Just don't mix them up or else you'll have the Immortal God Empress Max Caulfield ruling the galaxy, shaka brah.
I'm pretty sure that's canon.

Am i the only one who finds this 32:9 ridiculous? I don't see much sense even in 21:9 aspect ratio, why you need to up width and not height?

Am i the only one who finds this 32:9 ridiculous? I don't see much sense even in 21:9 aspect ratio, why you need to up width and not height?
running multiple apps side by side, it's like having two fullhd screens next to each other, but I'd rather have two screens if I could afford it.

data

Aspect ratios have always weirded me out. Why can't we have 21:9 on a 16:9 monitor/TV with increased vertical space? (Makes sense on smaller monitors since there'd be too much for you to see, but why can't we have that on bigger monitors)

��

I don't understand what you mean, but if you put a 21:9 image on a 16:9 monitor, you get black bars. Why can't we fill those black bars with more vertical space on games?

Seamless dual screen setup but I think it might be a tossup as to whether more software will play nicely with this vs a traditional dual screen setup

running multiple apps side by side, it's like having two fullhd screens next to each other, but I'd rather have two screens if I could afford it.

I bet two separate screens would end up cheaper than the ultra wide Samsung especially since they won't have to be curved to be feasible.

Hmm, if enough money is being spent anyway I wonder if VR headsets would be a good choice for productivity or movie watching XD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reminder that Leap of Fate is 3.99€ for the next 35mins and its bloody fantastic. Or just wait until the mnonthly games are revealed tomorow and get my extra key I guess ;_;

but really tho, havent had such good first impressions with a game in ages.

jediyoshi

I don't understand what you mean, but if you put a 21:9 image on a 16:9 monitor, you get black bars. Why can't we fill those black bars with more vertical space on games?

Then you're asking for more FOV from the game itself, nothing to do with the display. Aspect ratios are purely descriptive, nothing inherent about what's going on within them. If you keep adding vertical space to a 16:9 monitor, you eventually just hit squatter aspect ratios like 4:3.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm how do cloud saves work again? Leap of Fate isnt pulling my save from when I played on the laptop last night.

Pachimari

reminder that Leap of Fate is 3.99€ for the next 35mins and its bloody fantastic. Or just wait until the mnonthly games are revealed tomorow and get my extra key I guess ;_;

but really tho, havent had such good first impressions with a game in ages.

Gonna buy this even though I got it on iPad already. Any other deals running out soon?

fantomena

Ffs, something is completely fucked up with Steam and controllers. Ive tried all my controllers and they all work fine in everything on my PC, except for Steam. It's the right joystiq on my controller and the "arrow" buttons that doesn't work. It drives me completely nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom