• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

prudislav

Award winning indie team ‘Evil Twin Artworks’ are proud to announce today that Early Access favourite ’Man O’ War: Corsair’ is ready to set sail on the wider seas, as the Warhammer-themed title moves to full launch, 19th April, 2017. Man O’ War Corsair will be available for PC on Steam for £22.99 / €27.99 / $29.99.

“When we first launched our alpha back in April 2016, we rather optimistically said that we had about four months work left to do,” commented James Carroll, Director at Evil Twin Artworks. “We suspected we might end up doing more than that but our fantastic community has been so passionate and supportive, that we now have a much deeper and more engaging game than we ever envisaged.”

Man O’ War: Corsair now features explorable ports, new races and factions, additional gameplay modes, horrifying sea monsters and more epic battles than ever before! It’s a shining example of how a title should come through Early Access and blossom into a full gaming experience. James explains further: “When developers approach Early Access the right way, it can prove a wonderful collaboration that involves your most passionate fans without having to compromise your original development vision. We’re really glad we trusted our guts (and our community!) and took that route.”

hTanks to all that time, we now have a game that can float on its own hull - it's been tested in battle (lots of battles, so many orcs) and fire by you folks, many a bug has been found and fixed.

We have an in-depth open world sandbox campaign for the Independent humans, and a straight forward pillage and destroy campaign with Khorne. We have Custom Battles to allow you to fight any of the races against the others - 34 different ship types, 13 types of wizard.

Post-1.0 we'll be working on a few things but we aim to start with:
  • - additional Chaos campaigns
  • - Imperial and Bretonnian campaign
  • - Increased difficulty mode campaign (for those of you who find it too easy!)
Launch Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImKO_toGrE

KarmaCow

Is the Dishonoured 2 demo completely standalone or if I decide to buy it later, will I only have to download the remaining 40GB for the full game? ~20GB for a demo is kinda crazy.

Vuze

Is the Dishonoured 2 demo completely standalone or if I decide to buy it later, will I only have to download the remaining 40GB for the full game? ~20GB for a demo is kinda crazy.
I think it's only the demo missions on Steam but the complete game on PSN/XBL (obv these versions are ~65GB instead of 20).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
C8r2Fn_VoAA0P5V.jpg

giphy.gif

Humble Store has 55% on COD games btw, why the fuck is Blops 3 still 60€ :eek:

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If anyone has an AMD card cloned to two displays shoot me a PM. I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with OpenGL that's driving me nuts.

Vibranium

Banned
I got sidetracked from The Witcher 3 DLC and am playing BiA: Road to Hill 30 after all of the CoD: WWII rumors. Man, squad AI has not aged well at all, they keep saying they don't have a clear shot or fail to suppress in the larger areas haha. I could install the big fan mods to fix it but I think I'll just grind it out. I also forgot it kind of annoys me that Baker (Matt and Troy lol) never talks in-game outside of commands and screens/cutscenes in all titles. After I finish this I'll try to finish W3 and get to Earned in Blood, Red Hartsock is one of favorite characters
a damn shame about him getting paralyzed in Hell's Highway
. And then HH later on I guess.

Man I just want to see Unreal Engine 4 Battle of the Ardennes happen, hopefully the sequel progresses past pre-production. Troy Baker has gotten really big so I'm eager to see him tackle the role with 8+ years under his belt since Hell's Highway. I bet most of the characters would have to be recast outside of him though, too much time has passed.

Regginator

So I've been playing a bit of the Dishonored 2 demo, and I'm feeling awfully inclined to get it... The primary reason I waited this long was because the performance apparently sucked ass, but so far (a mere 30 minutes in, mind you) it's not as bad as I thought it would be. And obviously I already knew the art direction was incredible and I'm familiar with the amazing gameplay from Dishonored 1.

Without going into spoiler territory, what are the most demanding moments in the game? Any frequent effects that cause this, or are they limited to certain missions? (again, please no mid or late-game spoilers)

Anno

So I've been playing a bit of the Dishonored 2 demo, and I'm feeling awfully inclined to get it... The primary reason I waited this long was because the performance apparently sucked ass, but so far (a mere 30 minutes in, mind you) it's not as bad as I thought it would be. And obviously I already knew the art direction was incredible and I'm familiar with the amazing gameplay from Dishonored 1.

Without going into spoiler territory, what are the most demanding moments in the game? Any effects that cause this, or are they limited to certain missions? (again, please no mid or late-game spoilers)

The second level has been one of the worst for people who have had problems. Other than that I really only had a big slowdown moment (60 to ~40) in one portion of chapter five, I think.

TW3's combat is strange, in that it looks really cool in clips like this,
but then you actually play the game and it's way less fun than it looks

I actually think that's the kind of situation where the combat shines. Small groups of parryable enemies, especially human groups with varied weaponry. In those cases it's to me as fun as any other combat out there.

o80GZKA.gif

oni-link

o80GZKA.gif

That looks cool? I've seen Assassin's Creed combat gifs that look way more impressive

ac4_slaying.gif

I'm still looking forward to playing The Witcher 3, but not for the combat

Ozium

how do chrono.gg coins work I can't see any place to claim/earn my coins..

it says 20 coins for logging in, but I got no coins..

side-eye @ chrono.gg

do.. do you have to BUY things to get coins??

FLD

how do chrono.gg coins work I can't see any place to claim/earn my coins..

it says 20 coins for logging in, but I got no coins..

side-eye @ chrono.gg

do.. do you have to BUY things to get coins??

There's a big coin next to the daily deal, you click on it to earn coins. Your total amount of coins is in the upper right corner right next to your account menu.

Wok

I bought Yooka on GameBillet due to the 25% discount (thanks to Enhanced Steam).

I have received 2 Steam keys, which I have activated.

FQCgTdx.png

Does anybody know whether I would need another key to preload the game? Or is the "plus content" tied to the game?

Edit: It seems the Steam store does not recognize that I own the game.

illusionary

I bought Yooka on GameBillet due to the 25% discount (thanks to Enhanced Steam).

I have received 2 Steam keys, which I have activated.

FQCgTdx.png

Does anybody know whether I would need another key to preload the game? Or is the "plus content" tied to the game?

Edit: It seems the Steam store does not recognize that I own the game.

The Toybox, Toybox Plus and the game itself will all be separate redemption codes, based on what's been made available via Kickstarter.

Wok

The Toybox, Toybox Plus and the game itself will all be separate redemption codes, based on what's been made available via Kickstarter.

Thanks. Crossing fingers, hoping GameBillet will have the Steam keys for the main game on DAY ONE.

Anustart

What's your guys thoughts on the division? Buddy wants me to get it, I played a couple hours of the trial version today and had a bit of fun with it, but how quickly does it wear out it's welcome?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems Bundlestars is sending out 20% vouchers for Yooka

Corpekata

Banned
If Dishonored 2 runs fine for you in the 2nd area (the first big "town" you get to) particularly around the walls of light, it should run well for you in general.

That being said most of the early issues, in addition to the general performance woes, were input related. It just plain felt odd, weird, and juttery even at high frame rates. That's mostly been ironed out for the most part though. So if you're playing and the game feels responsive and good to play, you're pretty much good to go at this point.

Ruruja

What's your guys thoughts on the division? Buddy wants me to get it, I played a couple hours of the trial version today and had a bit of fun with it, but how quickly does it wear out it's welcome?

I enjoyed the story and the setting, going to new safehouses in higher level areas was a nice thrill too. Dark Zone was a fantastic place to enter for the first time as a solo player (I doubt this is still the case now). After I beat the story though, there's not enough there to keep me playing. Just grinding for grinding's sake.

Anustart

I enjoyed the story and the setting, going to new safehouses in higher level areas was a nice thrill too. Dark Zone was a fantastic place to enter for the first time as a solo player (I doubt this is still the case now). After I beat the story though, there's not enough there to keep me playing. Just grinding for grinding's sake.

Hmm. I've been known to enjoy grinding for little reason before. Although my gaming time is much more limited these days.

ArjanN

That looks cool? I've seen Assassin's Creed combat gifs that look way more impressive

I'm still looking forward to playing The Witcher 3, but not for the combat

To be fair Assassin's Creed's combat also sucks outside of some animations that look neat in GIF form.

Goddammit Paradox... I hate it when you put the base game on 75% discount, but the DLCs on 50% only.

They used to do 75% on dlcs. Then it dropped to 66% for a while. Now it bottoms out at 50%. Jasec suggested that it's because they went public :p but the simpler answer is that they studied the Bethesda handbook for dlc pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom