• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Far Cry 2, had a great time overall. It has a few issues no doubt (respawn rate, some enemies took about 40 bullets too many to stay down at times and some bugs) but man is it a good game. The way the mechanics serve the tone of the game reminded me a lot of my time with STALKER, which is always a good thing.
I'm glad I went back to finish it and thanks again pantsattack for those tips.

Only played III and loved it. Pretty sure both games and IV especially are well liked around here.
one of the best FPS ever.

deejay

Not sure if this is still accepted in this thread, but sharing Steam profiles can still be done here? Looking for some new, interesting people to add (who are feeling the same).
Or is there an official thread somewhere (couldn't find it)?

Lomax

I stand by the assertion that Limbo is garbage after the first spider, and was only loved for the aesthetic. But I'm a fan of puzzle platformers that reward creativity and skill, not ones that endlessly punish you until you guess the one correct solution. I'll give Inside a try but I certainly would have never gotten it outside of a bundle.

NeoRaider

I would like to hear some impressions about GRIP if anyone is playing it?
They just released MP few days ago and i was thinking about buying the game for some time now, but i am still not sure, since it's EA game. I don't know should i buy it now or wait for the final release. Are there any major problems with the game, how's performance, is MP working as it should...?

dot

Not sure if this is still accepted in this thread, but sharing Steam profiles can still be done here? Looking for some new, interesting people to add (who are feeling the same).
Or is there an official thread somewhere (couldn't find it)?

You can just link the profile url here and people will add you.

Monooboe

Oh I realized that I didn't have Dropsy, worth it to grab it from the coin shop at chrono.gg? Or hold out in case of something better comes along?

Durante

anime and waifus/husbandos
I was about to counter that I realize this but that other anime game cards aren't that expensive -- then I checked Berseria and they actually are.

I guess they only go down to more sane prices after sales (Zestiria's are at ~0.15€).

Tizoc

Is it just me or are Nier cards ridiculously expensive?
I've never seen a game with 0.5€ standard cards before.

You should load up Team Fortress and sell your TF2 inventory.
You'll be making $10-20 gaben money in no time.

Durante

I just made some rough estimations and there has probably been a trade volume of more than 100000€ on Steam inventory items of Nier:A. Some people paid more than €20 for a 2B wallpaper image.

I don't mind the market or cards existing, it's fun, but I can't say that I'll ever understand it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I was about to counter that I realize this but that other anime game cards aren't that expensive -- then I checked Berseria and they actually are.

I guess they only go down to more sane prices after sales (Zestiria's are at ~0.15€).

2B is most popular waifu now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so... have we talked about the fact that CD Project Red trademarked the word "Cyberpunk"

Sure they say "dont worry guyz we wont be dicks about ti" but its still not the best idea to have such a generic use term trademarked to a company. I bet if it was EA or something doing it the internet would have melted.

fantomena

so... have we talked about the fact that CD Project Red trademarked the word "Cyberpunk"

Sure they say "dont worry guyz we wont be dicks about ti" but its still not the best idea to have such a generic use term trademarked to a company. I bet if it was EA or something doing it the internet would have melted.

Clicky.

...actively enjoy and seek 'pleasure' in games from different faucets

jXrlRwr.jpg

This faucet, this faucet gives me so much pleasure.

Good post though.

tumblr_m9tggzKePq1r94e9jo1_500.gif

I just made some rough estimations and there has probably been a trade volume of more than 100000€ on Steam inventory items of Nier:A. Some people paid more than €20 for a 2B wallpaper image.

I don't mind the market or cards existing, it's fun, but I can't say that I'll ever understand it.

If she's showing her ass in the Steam wallpaper it makes sense to me. For many a weeab, $20 is nothing for a picture of their waifus sweet sweet ass on display.

Is there any limitations for number of nicknames on your steam friends? I was trying recently to manage my friends list because i had 500+ friends but only around 40-50 of them was active or at least playing games, not just farming cards. I removed around 100 accounts from the list and gave nicknames to other friends i remember and talk recently - but on next day after loading Steam client i noticed that some nicknames disappeared. I tried to gave nicknames again but they're gone this time too. Other nicknames are still here, problem only with some of my friends and i don't know why.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-18B40483268A70DA - Taken by Platy
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-23C9475F5E6F15C7 - Taken by Deques
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-F389F996F56C4085 - Taken by Village
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-6FF2A7C763385A35 - Taken by PaulSane
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-C6ED517F7EAAC0BC - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-D91A8708ED21AF72 - Taken by alr1ght
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-25B7D9A32AA5BF05 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-2B6D8AE47379BAC3 - Taken by lazerfox
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-81E0B63D2CAA1FFA - Taken by sadblob
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-34CF298E0FF4DDB7 - Taken by Purkake4
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-CD1F68B07B4F2F07 - Taken by madjoki
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-146F8EB89FCDB1CB - Taken by gabbo
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-F1CAB21649C45824 - Taken by Ventilaator
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-BB60F5DD3D6A0896 - Taken by longlivegaming
Mystery Game #22 -- MB-A91070BF3B9DA63F - Taken by Cth
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-F6901AFCA98F0790 - Taken by Megasoum
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-650788DE368D1EDF - Taken by anastef
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-EB43A398E27403EA - Taken by arts&crafts
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-D286235D872AC354 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-4E892F80D6D8F18E - Taken by Henry Swanson
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-A9054B004705C556 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-CC56C19CA8CB78C6 - Taken by Vuze

Ludens

Banned
Played LiEat today, a cheap and very short rpg game. Three short stories, one hour each, very linear and easy to complete. If you want something cheap and fast to complete, consider it, I bought it for less than 2€ and it was worth it.

youre linking me the "dont worry guyz we wont be dicks about it" part. I already said that :p

I just didnt hear anyone talk about it which is weird.
I don't think there are that many games that will ever use the term except for the vague descriptions of the game like "an adventure in a cyberpunk world".

Similar to how steampunk games almost never use the term explicitly.I think neither dishonored game mentions steampunk in-game.

And even the steamworld titles rarely use it in-game.

It ain't even that good of a word, technomancer is far superior.

Cth

Which is to say that the people who would enjoy INSIDE more would be those with strong Intuitive/Feeling personalities over Thinking/Judging, as an example. Because the game isn't really challenging, it's more made as an atmospheric mood piece, which is what some gamers specifically want but others may find it dull, and it comes down to what players are seeking in a game which often can be traced at least in part to a person's personality type.

Agreed 100%

It kind of reminds me of games like Gone Home and Life is Strange.. for people who like those style of games, it fits perfectly. As I grow older, I find myself gravitating more towards experiences and atmospheric games. I still enjoy other styles of games, but I'm more interested in being entertained, be it through simulation or an interactive fiction title.

Anyways, I wanted to post this quiz which will illustrate this idea better:
https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/gamerprofile/

Here's mine:
33807196821_386383c243_z.jpg

Afro

The idea behind these images is that being a certain personality type makes it far more likely to actively enjoy and seek 'pleasure' in games from different faucets, IE your personality is more likely to enjoy games of a certain kind. INSIDE would very specifically in the above charts fit into Feeling/Perceiving (Wanderer), Internal/Changing (Idealist), and Environment/Interaction (Explorer). Which is to say that the people who would enjoy INSIDE more would be those with strong Intuitive/Feeling personalities over Thinking/Judging, as an example. Because the game isn't really challenging, it's more made as an atmospheric mood piece, which is what some gamers specifically want but others may find it dull, and it comes down to what players are seeking in a game which often can be traced at least in part to a person's personality type.

Amazing post. Personality type plays a huge role in genre taste. I'm an INFP 100% and some of my favorites in my Steam library are The Witness, Braid, Machinarium, Alan Wake, Alien Isolation, Inside, Limbo, REmake, HL2: Episode 2, Portal 2, Dishonored 1, etc. Thought provoking, immersive games w/ a strong atmosphere, mostly.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The idea behind these images is that being a certain personality type makes it far more likely to actively enjoy and seek 'pleasure' in games from different faucets, IE your personality is more likely to enjoy games of a certain kind. INSIDE would very specifically in the above charts fit into Feeling/Perceiving (Wanderer), Internal/Changing (Idealist), and Environment/Interaction (Explorer). Which is to say that the people who would enjoy INSIDE more would be those with strong Intuitive/Feeling personalities over Thinking/Judging, as an example. Because the game isn't really challenging, it's more made as an atmospheric mood piece, which is what some gamers specifically want but others may find it dull, and it comes down to what players are seeking in a game which often can be traced at least in part to a person's personality type.

I think this deserves to be mentioned more, since there isn't a single game for everyone. Where INSIDE succeeds is it strikes heavily with the audience it's aimed at, though it might not do much for those it's not aimed at. INSIDE is a very easy case to put this in as the game is a very focused experience on certain faucets of game design.
While this is a cool analysis and everything, I'm an ENFP (sometimes ENTP depending on the test, cos I'm pretty much 50/50 on F/T) and I hated Limbo. It seems like Inside is just a polished version of that, so I doubt I'd like it either.

Agreed 100%

It kind of reminds me of games like Gone Home and Life is Strange.. for people who like those style of games, it fits perfectly. As I grow older, I find myself gravitating more towards experiences and atmospheric games. I still enjoy other styles of games, but I'm more interested in being entertained, be it through simulation or an interactive fiction title.

Sounds about right.

Qx7cZea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom