• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Agreed 100%

It kind of reminds me of games like Gone Home and Life is Strange.. for people who like those style of games, it fits perfectly. As I grow older, I find myself gravitating more towards experiences and atmospheric games. I still enjoy other styles of games, but I'm more interested in being entertained, be it through simulation or an interactive fiction title.

Anyways, I wanted to post this quiz which will illustrate this idea better:
https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/gamerprofile/

Here's mine:

I remember this, I think there was thread sometime.
I actually think this is pretty accurate, although obivously not all-encompassing.

Action-Oriented, Story-Focused, and Creative
ypd3diq.png
PcEj9cf.png
Some of my favorite games, for reference are:
NieR: Automata
The House in Fata Morgana
Everything Falcom
Dark Souls
Deadly Premonition
Undertale

Phinor

Looks about right, I mainly play RPGs and story games

I like pretty much every genre (well games from every genre, while also disliking games from every genre). If I had to choose favourite genres, I'd probably go Strategy-simulation-RPG with story/characters being important but again, every genre works. My chart looks a bit odd for liking everything:

Agreed 100%

It kind of reminds me of games like Gone Home and Life is Strange.. for people who like those style of games, it fits perfectly. As I grow older, I find myself gravitating more towards experiences and atmospheric games. I still enjoy other styles of games, but I'm more interested in being entertained, be it through simulation or an interactive fiction title.

Anyways, I wanted to post this quiz which will illustrate this idea better:
https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/gamerprofile/
nKYiSae.jpg
i3SEu1k.jpg

This survey is not really accurate, discovery should be 100% and social should be around 0%.

Dinjoralo

So this is what we're doing, now? Okay.

I probably should have been less conservative with my answers. And the top game it's recommending me is Heroes of The Storm, fuck that noise. Everything else it's recommending is pretty good, like Hyper Light Drifter, Tetris, Shovel Knight...

Plesiades

I started playing CoD Infinite Warfare and so far i really like it (i played for hour, hour and a half maybe). And damn those cutscenes are almost movie level of quality.

Even in game graphics are ok

Advance Warfare had great cutscenes too. I wonder if they hired Blur or some other CGI house for them.

Ascheroth

So this is what we're doing, now? Okay.

I probably should have been less conservative with my answers. And the top game it's recommending me is Heroes of The Storm, fuck that noise. Everything else it's recommending is pretty good, like Hyper Light Drifter, Tetris, Shovel Knight...
Lol, mine is Heroes of the Storm as well.
My recommendations are generally fairly off though.

Arthea

Finished Pony Island, liked it... but not enough to hunt down all the remaining tickets.

I started it this weekend, but I wasn't enjoying it, so it's unlikely I'll finish it.
I appreciate what it is trying to go for, it's just not fun enough for me.
and all that blinking and flashing doesn't help either

Tonton

Not as far as I know but still feels like a stretch
I still have hope we won't have a LKS repeat regardless
Less than 48 hours until the Bayonetta announcement.
What are you guys expecting??

It's obviously the first game on PC
Previously I was considering a day 1 if it was $20 but after the trails news this week I'll just wait for a sale

NeoRaider

^
2nd option sounds soooo good. But yeah chances for Bayo 2 are less than minimal.

The first game on PC.

Not as far as I know but still feels like a stretch
I still have hope we won't have a LKS repeat regardless

It's obviously the first game on PC
Previously I was considering a day 1 if it was $20 but after the trails news this week I'll just wait for a sale

PS3/Xbox 360 port or remastered game with visual improvements?

Bayonetta 1 remaster for the Vita. Sega Japan are cruel enough to pull that.

Lol XD

zkylon

zkylewd
In Odallus, what happens if you lose all lives?
just gotta start from the start of the level instead of the checkpoint, back with 4 lives

it's kind of a bad mechanic since you'll sometimes start a level with 2 lives and it's a better idea to suicide until u get ur 4 lives back than than just play it out

but yea no big consequence for dying or losing all lives, you even keep all the items and souls you picked up

Cth

This survey is not really accurate, discovery should be 100% and social should be around 0%.

If it helps any:

"Percentiles are how you rank relative to other people. In this report, your percentiles are how you compared with other gamers who have participated in this profile tool. A percentile of 80% means you scored higher than 80% of gamers. Conversely, a percentile of 10% means 90% of gamers had a higher score than you. This means that a 50% is perfectly average."

As far as recommendations go:
"Starting with your Gamer Motivation Profile, we first identified the 1,000 most similar gamers in our data set. Then, we tabulated all their favorite games and adjusted these frequencies by each game’s baseline popularity. Thus, a QF score of 2 means that gamers most similar to this profile are twice as likely to list this game as a favorite compared to gamers in general.

Niche vs. Popular Games
Games appear in the list only if their popularity exceeds a preset threshold. You can adjust this threshold and change the mix of recommendations with the slider below:"

Durante

How's the hype for Cosmic Star Heroine?

I'm looking forward to another Zeboyd romp at last.
I've played it for 4 hours so far. The battle system is really well-designed.
I'm not generally a huge fan of battle systems which don't really feature meaningful positioning, but within those constraints it seems excellent so far.

Arthea

I've played it for 4 hours so far. The battle system is really well-designed.
I'm not generally a huge fan of battle systems which don't really feature meaningful positioning, but within those constraints it seems excellent so far.

so jelly, still waiting for my steam key, checked 3 times today, still no steam key.

If it helps any:

Doesn't really, it's just plain wrong in some areas..
For example I don't like Strategy games, but I love a good challenge.
Design is obviously important, I mean how can design not be important?
Destruction, lol what?
I love a good Fantasy setup.

I just found the survey weird and the results doesn't seem that accurate or even broad enough.

Edit: read the explanations further down now, and it just seems even more wrong now.

Deques

just gotta start from the start of the level instead of the checkpoint, back with 4 lives

it's kind of a bad mechanic since you'll sometimes start a level with 2 lives and it's a better idea to suicide until u get ur 4 lives back than than just play it out

but yea no big consequence for dying or losing all lives, you even keep all the items and souls you picked up

Nice, I thought it would be Game Over for good :)

zkylon

zkylewd
6QZHbVs.png

easy to tell i'm not a very competitive person lol

except when i'm playing league of legends the most greatest game of all the timest

FLD

Seems about right although I kinda feel like the creativity/discovery sections should be a little higher.

rHxcyIY.png

The recommendations were mostly stuff I've played and loved, so that was definitely spot on.

I preferred that gamer profile back when it was called the Bartle test and there were only four major categories named after the suits of cards:

Spades were the explorers: they like digging, into the lore, the world itself, and the game's mechanics. So a bit of immersion and mastery together.

Hearts like the social aspects and/or actually playing a role.

Diamonds like achievements and loot.

Clubs like killing things.

Oftentimes you could have a major and a minor, like if you were a spade/heart you'd be the friendly know-it-all who helps newbies get started, if you were a club/heart you'd like PVP arenas, etc. Less accurate? Perhaps. But much easier to remember and label yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom